Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

interpolgp wrote: »
    Had my Bike stolen on the 21st of February from ELM COURT went to the Guards in Donnybrook as I found it on adverts.ie and the phone number of the guy who stole it.

Needless to say they didn't want to help.

What:eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I know of people who have gone to Garda Stations informing them that they have found their bikes on Donedeal, ADVERTS etc and bikes have been located.
    Go back and look to speak to a Sergeant or Inspector and if not happy look to speak to the Superintendent, or email the Station directly.

Don't take this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Had my Bike stolen on the 21st of February from ELM COURT went to the Guards in Donnybrook as I found it on adverts.ie and the phone number of the guy who stole it.

Pretend you want to buy it, and meet with the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

B_Rabbit wrote: »
    Pretend you want to buy it, and meet with the seller.

And do what after exactly? Confront them in a ski mask dressed as batman? Can't imagine the vigilante approach working too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

And do what after exactly? Confront them in a ski mask dressed as batman? Can't imagine the vigilante approach working too well.

Tell them it's your bike, attempt to handle it without violence. Have friends with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

If this is true report it to the Garda Ombudsman.

They have a duty to act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

kneejerk wrote: »
    If this is true report it to the Garda Ombudsman.

They have a duty to act.

I think U may have to take this into your own hands, the guards or the ombudsman have so much sh*te going on at the moment that I wouldn't hold my breath about them looking into stolen bikes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Meet them with the 5-0 :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: No more talk of acting the vigilante, any questions please PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

CramCycle wrote: »

Your MOD voice reads like a BATMAN voice. Batman is a vigilante. Maybe mods should use font colours to denote MOD VOICE? A steely grey perhaps?

:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO -> Down with that sort of thing :D

Meet and hug him, tell him you will kiss him unless he gives you the rothar.

***buzz the siochana, they are meant to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

When my bike got stolen last year the Gardai told me that if I saw it on done deal adverts etc to get in contact with them as they would contact the seller and get the bike back for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

"Meet them with the 5-0" isn't vigilante talk, 5-0 is slang for police!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

"Meet them with the 5-0" isn't vigilante talk, 5-0 is slang for police!

MOD VOICE: Any questions, please PM me, means just that.

My post had nothing to do with the 5-0 comment, it was referring to the Batman joke, while it was a joke, I did not want the thread being picked up as open for discussion on such behaviour. It is illegal and we cannot be seen to be condoning or inciting such behaviour, regardless of anyone's opinion on whether it is right or wrong.

This time, any questions, please PM me, means just that, I will delete any further posts that go off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

My Vitus Zircon 29er Mountain Bike was taken from the "secure" communal bike shed in my apartment block this weekend, (am guessing Saturday/Sunday). (Milltown, Dublin 6)

Very disappointed by the whole scenario...

Lock and bike taken

Link to bike here http://www.vitusbikes.com/mountain-bikes-2013/zircon-29-2013

lock was this monster..http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/abus-u-mini-lock/rp-prod88972

Which was locked thru the frame...so they had to saw thru it..(They actually cut thru the bike stand, so can't blame the lock !)

Any info please PM me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

2013 specialized tarmac sport (black with white handlebars and seat).
    Taken from my 1st floor balcony in glasnevin over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davidoc

davidoc wrote: »
    We had two bikes stolen from our garden shed in Clonsilla, some time between 12:00 Sun 16th Feb and 22:30 on Wed 19th Feb. The thieves just forced the bolt on the shed. Unfortunately, the bikes were not locked to anything inside the shed: kicking myself, as I used to be more paranoid.

The bikes were:

Trek 7.5 FX (Mens) hybrid, 2010 model, nickel colour

Giant Escape 3 city (Womens), 2011 model, black colour

We've reported to Blanchardstown Garda station...

A bit of good news: the Gardaí recovered the Giant bike locally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 qwikbrownfox

Just had 2 bikes stolen from my shed in Prosperous last Sunday night March 9th. A Trek 4900 and Canyon Nerve 8.0 both 26" wheels. I dont have actual photos but they look like these bikes. The Trek has had everything upgraded except the frame itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 spuogas

Dont have actual picture but its same as this. Had different seat and had carbon seat post. there was all mud guards as well. Had Michelin tyres. thanks.
    10_FELT_QX90_GREY_M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭NS77

Verenti Millook road bike and Genesis Core 40 MTB stolen from my back shed in Clondalkin either Thursday 6th of Friday 7th March 2014

Verenti pic is stock photo - but bike was pretty much as that, but with Continental GP4000 tyres added.

Genesis pic is the actual bike.

Not many of these around, so keep yer eyes peeled

a6q7.jpg

cqk2.jpg

Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wouldnt leave my bike outside in a garden shed overnight no matter what was happening, Id rather lift it up and down into the attic every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

^^
    Good to see. The Bridewell have been pro-active in the area of bike theft. They also rolled out the bike register scheme.

Might be interesting to add a poll to this thread to prompt a little bit of pro-activity on the part of poster.

"Do you have a record of the serial number of your bike in case it is recovered after theft?" Y/N

Mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Thargor wrote: »
    Wouldnt leave my bike outside in a garden shed overnight no matter what was happening, Id rather lift it up and down into the attic every day.

Reminds me of going on holidays last year. put my bike into the attic and covered it with boxes. Ultra paranoid about it being stolen...

The wife still laughs to this day but I still have my bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 spuogas

spuogas wrote: »
    Dont have actual picture but its same as this. Had different seat and had carbon seat post. there was all mud guards as well. Had Michelin tyres. thanks.

Hi, just wanted to say, that bike has been recovered by Garda same night.
    Main thing i think was, that i did noticed theft within an hour, and Garda was notified straight away. Have been looking around the area for my bike for an hour, and found another bikes covered in bushes with leaves and branches. thought that my bike is there as well, so called garda to that place. There was two expensive bikes, but no mine, so garda took them. felt gutted. Next night garda called me to let me know, that my bike was recovered 3-4 hours after the theft. They found the owner of other two bikes as well, who is my next street neighbor. Thieve was arrested and going to court. So another two happy bike owners, whos bikes were recovered.

Just want to say again big THANK YOU to Blanchardstown Garda Station for their work.

To everyone: contact Garda as soon as you notice theft, every minute is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

Cannondale Super V500 found in Cork by the Guards. Not something you will see too often on their Flickr account

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gardasiochana/12658146433/in/set-72157625091734993

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭Ryath

To everyone: contact Garda as soon as you notice theft, every minute is important.

I hope it has changed I had two bikes robbed over the years when I lived in Dublin and the guard I reported the second one to most definitely didn't give a Flying F***

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Claudebutler Regent stolen from outside my house in Ranelagh last night (16/03/14).
    Bike was pretty much the same as in the photo, with the addition of a back carrier and a black Giant saddle.

595B9F981F494C8B8350EF47D6647681-0000333298-0003519631-00800L-901FC55FDD0B4F1DB875744A259851E5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pc314

Hi all,

First time posting here ....

My bike was stolen from outside Cork School of Music on Friday 14th sometime between 9.30 and 12.30. I know this is bad but I don't have the model ... I meant to record it but didn't get it done.

Its a fairly battered black and white mountain bike , 26in wheels. One gear cable is broken and is taped around the frame. It's worth less than the excess on the insurance. Hard to believe it was stolen for money so I'm assuming it was stolen to avoid walking home.

Hoping that someone might find it abandoned somewhere.

PC314.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ccd1

Hi There,

My bike was stolen from the front garden of my friend's house on Sth. Circular Rd. on Thursday 13th March between 7.30pm-11.00pm (They cut the lock and took it from beside front door)

I was a Dawes ladies Mojave same colour as pic below.

I has a slightly dented front basket, cateye lights front and back and a kickstand. There are tape marks on the handlebars from where a light used to be sellotaped on (mcgyver eat your heart out).

I reported the theft to the guards at Rathmines and have put details on bikeregister.ie. I'll keep an eye on adverts, donedeal etc etc too.

Just thought there'd be no harm in shhhhticking it up here too.

Thanks a mil!

MojaveLds_zps0ce4bd32.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 davidjkent

Gutted...my 2012 Felt F5 was stolen from East Point Business Park on the 14th of March. The toe rags has sawn through the cycle rack (sometime before) and taped the cuts with silver masking tape (be wary/vigilant of any bike rack with tape). Taken between 9am and 5pm from a campus with security!

Lock and bike taken, it would have to have been lifted into a van/car as wheels were locked to the frame with ABUS u-lock.

Link to bike here http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360064880/F5-105-2012-402-0101.jpg?w=2000&h=2000&a=7

Any sightings please PM me....looking on usual buy & sell sites.

Advertisement