Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gunnai

Got 2 in Galway the other day. Was walking around Limerick on Saturday for a few hours expecting at least one to pop up but turns out I had the wireless turned off, d'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Finally got a SSFIV3D hit today. Was great waiting to find out if my team won. It did - I have two lvl7, two lvl2 and one lvl1. Opposing team made of all lvl1 figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Do people know if you can get multiple hits for the one person? I've being prowling up and down Westmoreland St waiting for my bus home trying to catch my only two hits again...

Do people know if you can get multiple hits for the one person? I've being prowling up and down Westmoreland St waiting for my bus home trying to catch my only two hits again...

This morning I got a second hit from the one person, had a hit from him last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'm not sure, but I think you can't streetpass with the same person in the same day.
    Outside of that though, yeah.
    The number of times you've met them becomes their level in streetpass quest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 omadden2

Hey! Take a look at my thread on Dublin Street Pass event! :) Thank you!

omadden2 wrote: »
    Hey! Take a look at my thread on Dublin Street Pass event! :) Thank you!

Have you been having much success with streetpass in your area?

As a saturday streetpass meet doesn't suit everyone, anyone fancy meeting up on a weekday at lunch time?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 omadden2

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Have you been having much success with streetpass in your area?

Nope, not a bit. I'm from Laois, and am starting to believe nobody down here has one!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mokong

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but I think you can't streetpass with the same person in the same day.
    Outside of that though, yeah.
    The number of times you've met them becomes their level in streetpass quest.

I know someone who both himself and wife have a 3DS each, he said they tend to streetpass each other in the house about 3 times a day so it's prolly a few hours that you can "pass" the same person in a day.

• Advertisement

I wasn't able to after 4 hours so I stopped trying and waited until the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Guy on Kotaku that went to a Capcom event got loads of street pass hits - there's a vid of the results that kinda make me want to go to any organised here in Ireland.

http://uk.kotaku.com/5790864/the-perfect-nintendo-3ds-experience-a-street-pass-bonanza-with-a-cameo-appearance-by-a-real-shark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't had a hit now in over a week. I hope people haven't stopped carrying their 3DS around with them already.

Wohoo, got my 2nd ever StreetPass today :P

though just a Mii, nothing for SF4 or Ridge Racer... booo

and also he had no puzzle pieces for me... BOOOOOOOO

Everyone be on the Luas all day Monday 9th of May please.
    Thanks.

Or we can meet outside CEX.

Still getting one or two hits a day but have noticed that somepeople do not have a Mii enabled for streetpass, I just get a hit for Street Fighter.

I actually got 3 hits today. One on the way into work and then two on the way home. I'm in Dublin but only one of the three Miis was from Dublin. The other two were from Mayo and Norway.

Woot, got another StreetPass today, that makes three

I also got my first Street Fighter 4 Pass too... and I won, 3 - 2 , go me
    So now I have a Kilkenny Mii, a Waterford Mii and a Cork Mii :P

You'd think I'd have passed more people from Waterford when IN Waterford :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I actually got 3 hits today. One on the way into work and then two on the way home. I'm in Dublin but only one of the three Miis was from Dublin. The other two were from Mayo and Norway.

My one and only StreetPass hit is in Dublin from someone from Norway. He must be prowling around the city centre looking for hits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

o1s1n wrote: »
    My one and only StreetPass hit is in Dublin from someone from Norway. He must be prowling around the city centre looking for hits :D

Snap.

• Advertisement

I got a couple more hits this week. A few of them from Meath.

Had a surprise StreetPass yesterday, was out all day, went out with family bit of road tripping and picnicing. Took the 3DS with me of course but never saw the Green Light come on. But when I got home and went to use my coins for the day I noticed the green dot on the Notification and Plaza Icons, score.

From the time it was while we were in JFK Park in New Ross, Co Wexford, having lunch I guess, I must not have noticed the green light as I kept opening and close the 3DS messing with the camera. Didn't think I'd get anything there, wasn't that many people in the park.

New guy didn't have any puzzle parts I needed, so I took a piece from a new puzzle, now I have 4 puzzle on the go, Mario & Bowser being the new one.

Anyone figure out how many puzzles there are yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Got my first street pass yesterday. Some guy called Robrules haha I was delighted. How do you use them for the quest though?

shizz wrote: »
    How do you use them for the quest though?

When you first go into the StreetPass Plaza and the other persons Mii enters. You'll see a red "!" icon on the puzzle/quest icon, and again next to both in that menu. When you open the Quest the red "!" will be on "Venture Forth" go there and the Mii should appear and ready for use. You can only use each Mii once, like the hired heroes. But if you manage to pass the same person again you can use their Mii again and it will have leveled up (to a max of 7)

You also have to use the Mii's for both Puzzle and Quest RIGHT AWAY.
    If you open the plaza, watch the Mii enter then turn off the Plaza without playing any of the games then you won't be able to use them (unless you pass them again)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Ahh i see. Thanks. Guess I can't use him now so :(

Does anyone know if streetpass works if you are playing a DS game?

ScaldyMc wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it only works when the 3DS is closed and the wifi is enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm pretty sure it only works when the 3DS is closed and the wifi is enabled.

I assume it still runs in the background when you're playing a 3ds game and have wifi turned on. Would be a bit stupid if it didn't as a lot of the time people are traveling around they'll be playing a game.

DS mode/DS games on the other hand would probably be a different matter.

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.
    It's in your manual, and they sent it to you via a spotpass notification too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

God dammit, I've been carring around my 3Ds for 2 weeks now and not one hit, I even brought it to town on the weekend and zilcho!!
    Thought I may not have street pass enabled but I do.:(

Advertisement