Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Quite a fall from grace!

Has gone for the golden handshake I would say. Lots of money on offer at Bristol who were very upset at not getting promoted as they thought they would be but looks like they will try and break the bank to get promotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

The Welsh scrum was absolutety woeful in the Six Nations and Jones didn't look up to it for the Ospreys, they won't lose anything by showing him the door IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Welsh scrum was absolutety woeful in the Six Nations and Jones didn't look up to it for the Ospreys, they won't lose anything by showing him the door IMO.

Yeah Jones was a bencher by the end of the season so I imagine the Ospreys contract on the table was for bencher's wages.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Strange... so is he moving to an Argentine club or just somewhere which is more flexible about releasing internationals?

• Advertisement

Strange... so is he moving to an Argentine club or just somewhere which is more flexible about releasing internationals?

Word is he is going back to Stade Francais as a joker for Bonneval. Which doesn't make sense from Stade's POV because of his international commitments.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think it would be good for morale if more players had their own personal jesters. Good on Hugo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I think it would be good for morale if more players had their own personal jesters. Good on Hugo!

Well the English team used Austin Healey for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

razorblunt wrote: »
    Well the English team used Austin Healey for years!

Read his book. Very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Stan27 wrote: »

Unintentionally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Quite a fall from grace!

They've got bag loads of money and desperate to get into the Prem. Their chairman also owns Bristol FC and are building a very impressive stadium at the moment that the football & rugby clubs will share. Great rugby town too, hope they or Leeds go up next season.

Jones will be on great money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Me and my big mouth I think it was called. Happened to pick it up in an airport lounge read a few pages as I was bored and decided to buy it. Really good read, better than say the O'Gara book.

I actually felt sorry for him when discussing the 2003 world cup. Woodward asked him to fly out as there might be a place for him from another injuried player but when he arrived he was told to go back home. Great stories about the old Leicester team. He said Neil Back was a brilliant trainer but a terrible bloke for a conversation and also that Martin Johnson wasn't that strong but a good wrestler! He certainly had runs ins with nearly every Leicester player.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Similarly I picked up Geordan Murphy's book and thought it's be rubbish but it was a very good read I thought.

Must give Healey's a go some time so.

I'm not that surprised that Johnson wasn't the strongest as while he was big he never looked that strong or built.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Word is he is going back to Stade Francais as a joker for Bonneval. Which doesn't make sense from Stade's POV because of his international commitments.

He is going back to an argentine club to "concentrate" on International team

Riskymove wrote: »
    He is going back to an argentine club to "concentrate" on International team

Yep. Perhaps there are family issues as well. I assume he will join the new Argentine Super Rugby franchise when it launches.

Racing have confirmed they won't sign a replacement so it doesn't seem they were too bothered about him leaving. It's probably a big wage off the books as well. Unless they used him as a 12 (Roberts has been either injured or poor for them) he was going to be a utility bencher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Hagz wrote: »
    Looks like Adam Jones is off to Bristol.

Seems like this is not a done deal, and Ryan Jones is not happy about how his mate Adam is being treated:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/adam-jones-national-icon-its-7475770

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Adam Jones leaving it late to commit. I wonder why? His agent says London Welsh is not an option. I wonder if he was hoping the central contract situation would sort itself out first.

Winters wrote: »
    Adam Jones leaving it late to commit. I wonder why? His agent says London Welsh is not an option. I wonder if he was hoping the central contract situation would sort itself out first.

No Participation agreement yet.

Warburton in no man's land, Jones not looking to join him.

A rumour going around was Jones had signed a pre-contract agreement to join Toulon for 2015/16, as more or less a replacement for Carl Hayman. Not sure how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

No Participation agreement yet.

Warburton in no man's land, Jones not looking to join him.

I think I read that he is still training with the Blues though. Playing is another matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Could some explain to me what is exactly the story with warbonton. Surely he would get great money from a french club if he is being treated badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Could some explain to me what is exactly the story with warbonton. Surely he would get great money from a french club if he is being treated badly.

He's the WRU only centrally contracted player, and the regions are refusing to field centrally contracted players. I don't know if he's allowed to play in France, but he isn't allowed to play in England because of the fact that he is contracted to a union.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He wants to play in Wales and he thought he was paving the way with his central contract. It seems to have backfired on him though, which really shouldn't come as a surprise because the Regions have been fairly consistent in the last 6-9 months about the WRUs proposed central contract plans. He's not been treated badly per se but was used as a pawn somewhat by the WRU and left in the lurge then by the Regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Brad Thorn to Leicester apparently. Some man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Jello wrote: »
    Brad Thorn to Leicester apparently. Some man!

Thats amazing

Super Human

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

James o Connor heading back to oz for 2015 super rugby competition. He joins the Queensland reds along with karmichael hunt. Hunt was a quality back in rugby league until he was given a big money offer to go to aussie rules. Going to try his hand at Union now.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport/rugby-union/reds-sign-karmichael-hunt-james-oconnor/story-e6frg7o6-1227041794011

O'Connor will go back to Toulon after the World Cup then. The word is he has a three year deal with Toulon but had a clause that he could go back to Australia for 2015 and RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

James o Connor heading back to oz for 2015 super rugby competition. He joins the Queensland reds along with karmichael hunt. Hunt was a quality back in rugby league until he was given a big money offer to go to aussie rules. Going to try his hand at Union now.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport/rugby-union/reds-sign-karmichael-hunt-james-oconnor/story-e6frg7o6-1227041794011

Hunt has previously played Union with Biarritz. A superb signing for the Reds, stick him 15 and let him cut loose

Advertisement