Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think Hagz is reverse trolling us....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I think Hagz is reverse trolling us....

He is.....now!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm never sure about Hagz, he replied in a similar fashion when I suggested back in October that Steven Sykes should start against Munster. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I'm never sure about Hagz, he replied in a similar fashion when I suggested back in October that Steven Sykes should start against Munster. :D

It's the type of humour that is lost over the internet really...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

James Hook is going to Gloucester, according to BBC.

Fellow Perpignan refugee Luke Charteris is being linked with Racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Thats_the_joke.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Bernard Jackman was on OTB earlier, saying Mad Mourad has said he intends to sign the "fantastic four" - Carter, McCaw, Nonu and SBW. Presumably post-RWC....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The team (Gloucester) gets smashed up front all year and the solution is... add another back. I suppose at least they'll have a half-decent place kicker in the team now. Hard to see them missing the top 6 in England now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

matthew8 wrote: »
    The team (Gloucester) gets smashed up front all year and the solution is... add another back. I suppose at least they'll have a half-decent place kicker in the team now. Hard to see them missing the top 6 in England now.

They have signed Hibbard and Afoa, they need a 10 with Burns gone to Leicester.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zzippy wrote: »
    Bernard Jackman was on OTB earlier, saying Mad Mourad has said he intends to sign the "fantastic four" - Carter, McCaw, Nonu and SBW. Presumably post-RWC....

From reading McCaw's book you get the impression that he doesn't think too much of NH rugby so I'd be surprised if he moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Swiwi loves his Flutey digs :P

A poor man's Shontayne Hape to be fair .. .

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Of the 4, Carter is the most likely post-RWC. McCaw will probably retire in NZ and SBW wants to play in the Olympics. Nonu has already played in Japan so assuming he can get similar money, I wouldn't be surprised if he went back there. Playing in Japan allows you to come back to NZ for the SR season (assuming the NZRU allows it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Just on this, Mourad didn't actually say who the four were, I've heard Read and Dagg being mentioned as possible too.

Any remaining credibility to the French salary cap would be shot to sh*t if this came about.

Just on this, Mourad didn't actually say who the four were, I've heard Read and Dagg being mentioned as possible too.

Any remaining credibility to the French salary cap would be shot to sh*t if this came about.

They have plenty big wage players out of contract in 2015 like Sheridan, Hayman, Botha, Williams, Giteau, Mitchell and Habana.

Because of the Kolpak rule they can't sign too many Kiwis anyway unless they have European or Pacific Island passports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Carter, McCaw & Nonu are all getting on. I'm not sure they would be that valuable post 2015. SBW will probably decide to have a go at formula 1, NBA basketball, or some other glamour sport that pays well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Stade Français have confirmed the signing of Hugh Pyle from the Rebels. Two-year deal for the 25-year-old

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Stade Français have confirmed the signing of Hugh Pyle from the Rebels. Two-year deal for the 25-year-old

Decent enough signing. Unlucky not to have worn G&G at some stage, although superseded in the rankings by his locking team-mate among others this season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yeah, the 4 are inferred, although Jackman seemed fairly sure it's those 4, but Mourad not coming out and naming anyone means he can sign any top 4 players and say he's got his "fantastic four"...

Yeah, the 4 are inferred, although Jackman seemed fairly sure it's those 4, but Mourad not coming out and naming anyone means he can sign any top 4 players and say he's got his "fantastic four"...

It raises the Q of what would be a fantastic 4. If I could have any 4 players, I'd probably go with Folau, Read, Ben Smith, and maybe Michael Hooper (SH bias I guess), but you could also make claims about tight 5 players, who would be less glamourous but equally as world class.

I don't think McCaw and Carter are nearly as good as they were, in fact whether both actually make it to 2015 is somewhat of a moot point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The Score provides a list of rumoured names
    The Toulon owner’s statement has sparked lots of reaction in France, with copious speculation as to who the ‘Fantastic Four’ are. Richie McCaw, Dan Carter, Kieran Read, Sonny Bill Williams, Ma’a Nonu, Israel Dagg, Eben Etzebeth, Bismack du Plessis, Mike Brown, Jamie Heaslip, Owen Farrell and Israel Folau are just some of the names mentioned so far.

One of these is not like the others

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The Score provides a list of rumoured names

One of these is not like the others

SBW is currently playing league...but I don't think that's what you mean ;)

They have world class players in every position bar outhalf now. What would be the point in Heaslip for example after the season Armitage just had.

They have world class players in every position bar outhalf now. What would be the point in Heaslip for example after the season Armitage just had.

They will Giteau at outhalf who's probably better than Wilkinson at Wilkinson's stage of his career. Michalak on form is excellent as well.

On Heaslip, the reason is depth!

They will Giteau at outhalf who's probably better than Wilkinson at Wilkinson's stage of his career. Michalak on form is excellent as well.

On Heaslip, the reason is depth!

Didn't even consider moving him inside tbh. They have JOC moving coming in too. Is Masoe still there?

Didn't even consider moving him inside tbh. They have JOC moving coming in too. Is Masoe still there?

Masoe is still there and I think he's recently back training after ACL surgery. Under contract for another year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Rugbyrama is full of this crap today. "They all wear black" is Boudjellal's mysterious clue.

Nonu would be easy enough but old and not bothered as he would be I can't see him making much of an impact. Replacing Giteau or doubling him up would be a tough task.

Carter would make sense as NZ will be putting him out to pasture soon and have no shortage of replacements. He'd be a huge media coup, even in this thirties and the only player worthy of following Wilkinson as a marquee signing.

They really don't need another full-back, so Brown and Dagg are non-starters for me. After that, what the intend to do with their back row is anyone's guess. Lobbe, Gorgodze, the reanimated Smith, Armitage, Masoe... O'Brien and Read would be wasted there surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭bazalicous

I hope they buy in everyone, it all goes to **** and they all leave and come to Leinster,... Haha i can dream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

James Coughlan released from Munster during the summer, any idea where he's heading for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

gerardk55 wrote: »
    James Coughlan released from Munster during the summer, any idea where he's heading for?

the story is Pau where Mannix is taking voer as coach

Advertisement