Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Next year's RWC just won't be the same. Maybe we could trick the WWF into sponsoring a save the honey badger campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

such a pity that he'll miss the world cup but completely understandable. he comes across as so carefree, he always just has a laugh but obviously has a lot on his mind. some man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

.ak wrote: »
    The translators will have to earn their salt there...

Busy as a one-armed bricklayer in Bagdad . . .

Morf wrote: »
    Busy as a craftsman in the one-armed Baghdad . . .

Fixed your post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

As nervous as a gypsy with a mortgage

Shaking like a bag of cats at a greyhound meet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭jacothelad

As nervous as a gypsy with a mortgage

As carefree as an Anscombe on the first morning of pre-season......Laie_34.gif

Shaking like a bag of cat Greyhound encounter.

(I know I'm double translating these, but still I know what they are meant to mean. I can only imagine how the Japanese media will handle him)

jacothelad wrote: »
    As carefree as an Anscombe on the first morning of pre-season......Laie_34.gif

As nervous as jacothelad watching you-know-who in an Ulster shirt :D

If Fox/Sky don't have him on the punditry panel for every Australian game they are missing an absolute trick.

He'd probably be a bit of a liability having a microphone for that long but it would be utterly fantastic tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If Fox/Sky don't have him on the punditry panel for every Australian game they are missing an absolute trick.

He'd probably be a bit of a liability having a microphone for that long but it would be utterly fantastic tv.

Jeez even doing some step in live commentary ala Sharpe would be fantastic.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Piri Weepu is joining London Welsh. Could be a great signing for them.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/10254084/Piri-Weepu-to-leave-Blues-for-London-Welsh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/10254084/Piri-Weepu-to-leave-Blues-for-London-Welsh

Hope his passport is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

or maybe not.

He must have been getting a bit borderline for a Super contract next season. If he can keep himself fit, he probably has a good bit to offer, but if he goes more for the good life, it could be messy on the field.

Supposedly a good bit of craic though, and I wish him the best, he was certainly very decent in the RWC, bar the final, where he was forgettable. But his performance v Aussie was top drawer.

He can kind of play the French style 9/10 role, and sort of goalkick, so handy enough.

Mmm pies.

Mmm pies.

The mushy peas might take a bit getting used to though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Mmm pies.
    Pieri Weepu.

Anscombe Jnr off to Cardiff. He's not the answer to Wales' fly half issues but no doubt they'll try. Never reached the promised heights but a decent 15

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It looks like he won't be playing ITM Cup too so will be there for the start of the season!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Anscombe Jnr off to Cardiff. He's not the answer to Wales' fly half issues but no doubt they'll try. Never reached the promised heights but a decent 15

If he is going to play for Wales he will probably slip into the 22 shirt. Backup 10 and 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Good signing for Cardiff. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. Wales have a real gap at 10 in their set up. However, with the departure of LH, GA will undoubtedly be playing 15 for the Blues.

I'm sure he'll get a few runs at 10 for Wales now and again but I think Biggar will become the long term first choice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Buer wrote: »
    Good signing for Cardiff. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. Wales have a real gap at 10 in their set up. However, with the departure of LH, GA will undoubtedly be playing 15 for the Blues.

I'm sure he'll get a few runs at 10 for Wales now and again but I think Biggar will become the long term first choice there.

Patchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Hopefully he won't impede Pratchells progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Cardiff have the makings of a decent backline this season, Lloyd Williams and Tavis Knoyle at 9, Patchell at 10, Cuthbert on the wing and Anscombe at 15, although I thought Dan Fish was excellent there in the latter stages of last season. Bit of a gap in the centres, I think Patchell played 12 a bit last season with Gareth Davies at 10, he's a great prospect too, but grounds for optimism if their pack can be any way competitive.

@FL: Gareth Davies is gone to London Welsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Looks like Adam Jones is off to Bristol.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Patchell.

Patchell is good but he's long term. He's still only 21 and only has two caps from the bench against Japan. I think he'll go on to amass a decent number of caps but I don't see him jumping into the Welsh team at any point this side of the RWC. That said, nobody saw RP coming through at the rate he did so anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Hagz wrote: »
    Looks like Adam Jones is off to Bristol.

Quite a fall from grace!

• Advertisement

I'm not particularly surprised. Despite his selection, I thought he was very mediocre in the Lions series and he was fortunate that the tour was against Australia. His work around the field has gone to the dogs. Looks like he made the 100 caps and will earn no more!

Advertisement