Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Wow, ties in with his statement on the Munster website in relation to an opportunity he couldn't pass up. I wish him the best. Always admired him as a late comer to the provincial setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

A bit of a shock, contracted for another year & he asked to be released. The Mannix/Pau story seems very likely at the moment.
    He was the definition of unsung hero for many years & he will be missed

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Do you reckon the indo just got their Ulster transfer rumours from my posts on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    Do you reckon the indo just got their Ulster transfer rumours from my posts on here?

Seems to be the norm these days doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

gerardk55 wrote: »
    James Coughlan released from Munster during the summer, any idea where he's heading for?

Pau by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Only seeing now that Saracens have signed Jim Hamilton and Juan Figallo. Serious signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    Only seeing now that Saracens have signed Jim Hamilton and Juan Figallo. Serious signings.

Figallo had to leave Montpellier (while under contract) because a neck injury prevents him from getting a licence from playing in France. However the rules in England aren't as strict. If he can get back fit then it's a brilliant signing, Figallo was the best TH in last year's RC.

Hamilton requested a release from Montpellier because his father is unfortunately seriously ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Figallo had to leave Montpellier (while under contract) because a neck injury prevents him from getting a licence from playing in France. However the rules in England aren't as strict. If he can get back fit then it's a brilliant signing, Figallo was the best TH in last year's RC.

Hamilton requested a release from Montpellier because his father is unfortunately seriously ill.

Yo thomond, how serious is figallo's injury? I don't think he has been listed as joining Argentina for this years RC. Is it potentially career threatening?

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Yo thomond, how serious is figallo's injury? I don't think he has been listed as joining Argentina for this years RC. Is it potentially career threatening?

It's classified as a G3 injury in France. They have different classifications of risk and G3 is the most serious where the LNR are obliged to prevent the player competing.

No idea how career threatening it is. Would be an awful pity if he had to retire, he's only 26.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's classified as a G3 injury in France. They have different classifications of risk and G3 is the most serious where the LNR are obliged to prevent the player competing.

No idea how career threatening it is. Would be an awful pity if he had to retire, he's only 26.

Interesting that it seems to be the reverse of that happened with Thompson!

So where to for Stuart Hogg?

Toulon (Halfpenny), Clermont (Abendanon), Racing (Dulin) and Toulouse (Palisson) have all made signings there.

Leicester maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Toulon (Halfpenny), Clermont (Abendanon), Racing (Dulin) and Toulouse (Palisson) have all made signings there.

Leicester maybe?

WOC was suggesting Ulster:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

freyners wrote: »
    WOC was suggesting Ulster:eek:

Ludik confirmed so that's their non-Irish quota filled!! Connacht might splash the cash again....he'd be a solid back up to Muliaina!! :D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,258 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Probably nowhere for him.

Playing next season will be awkward with his tail between his legs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Leicester maybe?

Saracens, who he was also linked to, have Goode at 15 and he's a big player for them as it is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Edinburgh? Who have Castres got lined up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

S12b wrote: »
    Ludik confirmed so that's their non-Irish quota filled!! Connacht might splash the cash again....he'd be a solid back up to Muliaina!! :D:D
    He wouldnt really fit with the Haka we are trying to bring in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Edinburgh? Who have Castres got lined up?

Castres have Palis who's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Harry FM

Munster? Hogg>Jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Jason Woodward, of the Melbourne Rebels, has confirmed that he will move back to New Zealand at the end of the season to pursue his dream of an All Blacks cap. He has joined the Hurricanes. Bit of a strange one, as I doubt he will even get an All Blacks cap. He is a good player but his phenomenal goalkicking makes him look better than he is.

http://melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/woodward-to-depart-at-seasons-end

http://www.hurricanes.co.nz/news/2014/06/01/woodward-heads-home-hurricanes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Harry FM wrote: »
    Munster? Hogg>Jones

No NIQs left. Stander, Botha, Smith, Van Den Heever and Blyendaal have taken all the spots.

Hogg was at the RDS yesterday. For me that's a sign that he may not be leaving, if he was in the doghouse then I imagine he would have been left at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hogg was at the RDS yesterday. For me that's a sign that he may not be leaving, if he was in the doghouse then I imagine he would have been left at home?

I would have loved if they won it and he came out in full kit to celebrate.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Jason Woodward, of the Melbourne Rebels, has confirmed that he will move back to New Zealand at the end of the season to pursue his dream of an All Blacks cap. He has joined the Hurricanes. Bit of a strange one, as I doubt he will even get an All Blacks cap. He is a good player but his phenomenal goalkicking makes him look better than he is.

http://melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/woodward-to-depart-at-seasons-end

http://www.hurricanes.co.nz/news/2014/06/01/woodward-heads-home-hurricanes

Yeah, it's good news for the Canes as he can replace Andre Taylor. But he's a fair way off Smith, Piutau & Dagg IMO. At one stage he was rumoured to be looking at becoming another "Kiwi Mike" by declaring for Aussie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Yeah, it's good news for the Canes as he can replace Andre Taylor. But he's a fair way off Smith, Piutau & Dagg IMO. At one stage he was rumoured to be looking at becoming another "Kiwi Mike" by declaring for Aussie.

Is Andre Taylor off somewhere?

Morf wrote: »
    Is Andre Taylor off somewhere?

Nippon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Any chance of toeva coming north?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

blackdog1 wrote: »
    Any chance of toeva coming north?
    Isaia Toeava? He's been in Japan since 2012, so it's more like west.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is Richard Kahui in Japan as well? He looked like being a star about four years ago.

Advertisement