Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Tyler Blyendaal Signs with Munster for 3 seasons from Crusaders and Canterbury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Tyler Blyendaal Signs with Munster for 3 seasons from Crusaders and Canterbury

Definitely confirmed?

Decent signing.

19 games for the Crusaders, not too shabby - Swiwi will have an insight.

Needs a haircut to live in Limerick though!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Johnathan Davies to Clermont went completely over my head, don't remember hearing about that. Played his last game for Scarlets tonight.

Davies to Clermont was announced in November with Regan King going in the opposite direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

rockbeast wrote: »
    Definitely confirmed?

Decent signing.

Swiwi wrote him off already as 4th choice, but I believe he kept Tom Taylor out of the team quite a lot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He played a good bit for the Canterbury ITM team last season so should be handy enough. He can also goal kick too.

• Advertisement

rockbeast wrote: »
    Definitely confirmed?

Decent signing.

CONFRIMED, Munster Rugby announced this morning

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18506.php#.U2-84PldU1I

He started the season poorly in fairness missing 5 kicks in a game which cost him his spot, but was ahead of Slade and Taylor for Crusaders to start so that in itself i think says a lot.

He's a former u20 Baby Blacks Captain too which is no mean feat either. I'm hopeful for him as a ball player 2nd 5/8 outside Keatley or JJ

Think the Northern Hemisphere game will suit him as will Munster. Great signing i think.

We'll be the only province with 3 capable kickers in the match day IV

I don't think so. Leinster have Gopperth, Madigan and McFadden while Ulster will have Pienaar, Jackson and Humphreys next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Is that going to be much help against a team with an 11 man advantage?

I don't think so. Leinster have Gopperth, Madigan and McFadden while Ulster will have Pienaar, Jackson and Humphreys next season.

In the team? We will have the new lad, Murray & JJ with Keats on the bench

• Advertisement

Pienaar, Jackson, Olding

In the team? We will have the new lad, Murray & JJ with Keats on the bench

Fairly quick to write Keatley off...........I;d have him nailed on starter. Been very good this year!

Hagz wrote: »
    Pienaar, Jackson, Olding

Connacht could have 5 at any one time........

Porter, Nikora, Ronaldson, O Leary and Leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Swiwi wrote him off already as 4th choice, but I believe he kept Tom Taylor out of the team quite a lot

Well, when you have Carter and Slade in the side, that makes him 3rd at best, but Tom Taylor is probably also ahead. It's not necessarily a negative reflection on Tyler - at the moment NZ has an overabundance of talented flyhalves (the most I can ever recall).

Pienaar, Jackson, Olding

Didn't know Olding was a place kicker, have only seen him play for Ulster a handful of times

Connacht could have 5 at any one time........

Porter, Nikora, Ronaldson, O Leary and Leader

If Murray counts as a kicker than Leinster could have 5 as well.

McGrath, Gopperth, Reid, McFadden, Madigan.

Fairly quick to write Keatley off...........I;d have him nailed on starter. Been very good this year!

No, I had to put 1 of them on the bench, thought if I put Keats at fullback & said we had 5 kickers in the team I'd be pushing my luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

If Murray counts as a kicker than Leinster could have 5 as well.

McGrath, Gopperth, Reid, McFadden, Madigan.

If Murray counts surely Rob K counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Tox56 wrote: »
    If Murray counts surely Rob K counts

when contepomi was injured before sexton made his breakthrough I can recall D'Arcy taking penalties too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Crusaders hooker Corey Flynn to Toulouse. He's getting on a tad at 33, but is still up there with the better NZ rakes, just like Andy Ellis he can't find favour with Hansen. A decent 2-year signing for Toulouse...

...who are also supposed to have thrown cash at massive Chiefs TH prop Ben Tameifuna - who is weighing up the move with a declaration for Tonga. He's only 22, and while include in a previous AB squad, has never been capped. Would be a bit of a loss to NZ rugby, although apparently can never achieve the fitness targets the AB selectors demand.

• Advertisement

Toulouse must have lost patience with Tolofua. Their lineout was a shambles against Racing and Ralepelle was injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Toulouse must have lost patience with Tolofua. Their lineout was a shambles against Racing and Ralepelle was injured.

It was awful against Munster too but in fairness to Tolofua, he's still only 20, a lot younger than all of our 'prospects' in the #2 jersey, he can still come good. Flynn might be a stopgap while Tolofua develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Tolofua might be better off in the back row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

aimee1 wrote: »
    when contepomi was injured before sexton made his breakthrough I can recall D'Arcy taking penalties too.

Disaster though, wasnt he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Does this signing mean that we won't see Keatley at 12 next season? Oh well....

A Smith/Bleyendaal centre partnership... is that better than Laulala/Downey? Probably, on reputation. Let's hope they don't take ages to find their feet though, we've had problems in that regard in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭RuPi

Bleyendaal would have played a lot more at 10 than 12 so you could well see Keatley at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

RuPi wrote: »
    Bleyendaal would have played a lot more at 10 than 12 so you could well see Keatley at 12.

Bleyendaal has been signed as a 12 and will be played as a 12 (IRFU stipulation) He will only cover 10 in an emergency.

Haven't seen that claimed anywhere, Garrett Fitz was keen to mention his ability to play 10 & the fact he's deemed a project player won't hamper Munsters need to play him at 10 if wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Haven't seen that claimed anywhere, Garrett Fitz was keen to mention his ability to play 10 & the fact he's deemed a project player won't hamper Munsters need to play him at 10 if wanted

again going on what I've been told. The intention seems to be to have two distributors at 10 and 12 and a big man at 13 to bring the back three into play more. Something along the lines of the Toulon with Wilko, Giteau and Bastareaud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Ideally, we'd have JJ-Keatley as the 10-12 going forward.

Obviously it's good for them to have competition, keep them on their toes.

Advertisement