Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skip64

ormond lad wrote: »
    The South 19s league started today and the results from the 2 sections are below along with the south 17s section 2
    South 19s
    Section 1
    Cork Con 55 Kinsale 5
    Muskerry 15 Clonakilty 15
    Highfield 40 Skibbereen 7
    Section 2
    Fermoy 7 Sundays Well 41
    Old Christians 5 Midleton 13
    Youghal 17 Mallow 3
    Dolphin v Cobh Pirates Conceded by Cobh Pirates

u17
    section 2
    Dunmanway 36 Bandon 48
    Ballincollig 0 Clonakilty 25
    Bantry Bay 20 Kinsale 25

any feedback from the Youghal V Mallow match... have they not joined with the Dungarvan boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

skip64 wrote: »
    any feedback from the Youghal V Mallow match... have they not joined with the Dungarvan boys?
    No idea about how game went. only posted the results that i saw
    Dungarvan have joined with Youghal and i presume the Dungarvan lads played in that game saturday. As Dungarvan are an east club and its a south competition presumably the team cant be called Youghal-Dungarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Looking for some info regarding the FIRA Youths Internationals this spring. Does anyone have dates and venues? Any info welcome

shawneebuy wrote: »
    Looking for some info regarding the FIRA Youths Internationals this spring. Does anyone have dates and venues? Any info welcome
    20th to 30th of march in france is the FIRA competition.
    The Irish youths also play Italy and Scotland
    The Italian game is in Ashbourne rfc on the weekend of february 21st-24th and the Scottish game is on in Scotland on the weekend of march 8th-10th

Thank you for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Under 19 South Munster league Bandon 11 Highfield 15. Good game and a good win for Highfield

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

According to a lad on Facebook their was a Round Robin between the regions today and the East won convincingly without conceding a try. Anyone there?

KJY wrote: »
    According to a lad on Facebook their was a Round Robin between the regions today and the East won convincingly without conceding a try. Anyone there?
    I wasnt there. in dublin recovering from running the marathon yesterday but i had heard about this last week.
    It wasnt a round robin and was a training day with all the regions training together and playing some small matches between each other.
    It was an initial session for the munster coaches to see all the players involved in the regional development squads ahead of the 3 RDS games that will be played sometime this season

I wasnt there. in dublin recovering from running the marathon yesterday but i had heard about this last week.
    It wasnt a round robin and was a training day with all the regions training together and playing some small matches between each other.
    It was an initial session for the munster coaches to see all the players involved in the regional development squads ahead of the 3 RDS games that will be played sometime this season
    45 players have been picked as part of an initial squad and will take part in a trial match on Wednesday, 21st November

There is 9 munster players in clongowes this week for the irish youths camp
    Toby Ademakin (Garryowen), Brendan Quinlan (Clanwilliam) Ben Betts (Young Munster), Aaron Hogan (Youghal), Idris Rqibi (Skibbereen), Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Fionn McGibney (Garryown), Eoin O’Carroll (Tralee), Mark Dorgan (Highfield).

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

That's a good representation. Well done to them all. Only 3 or 4 Connacht lads as I understand. Thought that Leinster might dominate numbers. Late putting the squads out as they are in camp this week are they not?

• Advertisement

Stanza2 wrote: »
    That's a good representation. Well done to them all. Only 3 or 4 Connacht lads as I understand. Thought that Leinster might dominate numbers. Late putting the squads out as they are in camp this week are they not?
    9 munster players, 3 Ulster players and 8 exiles
    They are in camp this week. theyve a couple of days in limerick/cork and a couple of days in clongowes

Leinster youths have a trial session/match tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Under 19 South Munster league Highfield had a comfortable win over Clonakilty today in Highfield

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Under 19 South Munster league Highfield had a comfortable win over Clonakilty today in Highfield
    Nenagh beat Clonmel tonight in east 19s league 15-12

And Waterpark beat Clanwilliam 28-15

And Waterpark beat Clanwilliam 28-15
    I thought clan had conceded as i had heard that yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

They found a referee to do the game instead of me doing it tomorrow. Ridiculous to move it because of GAA and I'm not impressed with them.

Well I heard this from one of the lads and it's on the Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Well I heard this from one of the lads and it's on the Facebook page.

It did finish 28-15 to Waterpark.

How did the Irish Youth camp go?

shawneebuy wrote: »
    How did the Irish Youth camp go?
    Dont know but post 260 in the provincial schools thread has a good summary of how the game between the youths and schools went

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 frjj

kensutz wrote: »
    They found a referee to do the game instead of me doing it tomorrow. Ridiculous to move it because of GAA and I'm not impressed with them.
    match was moved as clan would not have been able to field team due to important gaa match which was moved to sunday at the last minute

some of the weekend results. rugby_fan do you know how the leinster leagues are going?
    North Munster 19s
    Garryowen 24 Castleisland-Abbeyfeale 5
    East Munster 19s
    Waterpark 28 Clanwilliam 15
    Clonmel 12 Nenagh 15
    East Munster 17s
    Cashel 22 Nenagh 27
    Waterpark 48 Thurles 0

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

some of the weekend results. rugby_fan do you know how the leinster leagues are going?
    North Munster 19s
    Garryowen 24 Castleisland-Abbeyfeale 5
    East Munster 19s
    Waterpark 28 Clanwilliam 15
    Clonmel 12 Nenagh 15
    East Munster 17s
    Cashel 22 Nenagh 27
    Waterpark 48 Thurles 0

Most of the results are up on the Leinster website.
    At U19 it is
    Sect A North Navan, Mullingar & R&B Rebels in that order
    Sect A South Gorey are top but there are a good few outstanding results.

U 17
    Sect A North Mullingar, Navan, Boyne in that order
    Sect A South Wexford and Carlow.

Nest weekends games are the second last in these sections but they should decide the makeup of the Premier League in both age groups.

Video of the munster youths training day that was held in UL recently can be seen here and an update on how the squad is selected from munster youths manager dermot kelly can be seen here

an irish exiles u/age side plays the welsh exiles saturday. anyone know if this is 95s or 96s?

ulster u17s(next septembers youths squad) played banbridge acad wednesday

'Park lost badly to Clonmel today. Clonmel were decent but 'Park were quite poor. Missing a good few lads

I also heard that the 17s got 13 players offered trials with the Youths. A very talented bunch but I thought that was a bit excessive

'Park lost badly to Clonmel today. Clonmel were decent but 'Park were quite poor. Missing a good few lads

I also heard that the 17s got 13 players offered trials with the Youths. A very talented bunch but I thought that was a bit excessive
    what score was the w'park clonmel 19s game?

13 is a huge number to get looked at for munster. there isnt trials as such. the munster coaches pick 40 or so and then train/play a few games and drop the numbers to the squad they want and add others if required.
    Waterpark 17s are good but 13 is almost a team. the park 17s are a fine side but not that much ahead.

Any other results from games played today? south munster/other provinces?

what score was the w'park clonmel 19s game?

13 is a huge number to get looked at for munster. there isnt trials as such. the munster coaches pick 40 or so and then train/play a few games and drop the numbers to the squad they want and add others if required.
    Waterpark 17s are good but 13 is almost a team. the park 17s are a fine side but not that much ahead.

Any other results from games played today? south munster/other provinces?

Something like 22-0. Very disappointing.

Yeah I agrre, there's 7 or 8 lads definitely deserving but I think a few could consider themselves lucky. Maybe someone misheard and it was 13 who made East Munster but that;s what I heard

Something like 22-0. Very disappointing.

Yeah I agrre, there's 7 or 8 lads definitely deserving but I think a few could consider themselves lucky. Maybe someone misheard and it was 13 who made East Munster but that;s what I heard
    East Munster is a different matter. 13 is a surprise and any year on east munster there is at least 8 or 9 in the squad.
    22-0 is a surprise but a good thing in the long term. Last team to win the east munster 18/19s league was nenagh in 08/09 and im not sure when was the last time before that but its at least the 04/05 season. If waterpark dont win the 19s league this season its good in the long term for east munster rugby.

draw for the pan munster will be interesting whenever its made.

• Advertisement

East Munster is a different matter. 13 is a surprise and any year on east munster there is at least 8 or 9 in the squad.
    22-0 is a surprise but a good thing in the long term. Last team to win the east munster 18/19s league was nenagh in 08/09 and im not sure when was the last time before that but its at least the 04/05 season. If waterpark dont win the 19s league this season its good in the long term for east munster rugby.

draw for the pan munster will be interesting whenever its made.

I don't think there has ever been a worse year for holding onto talent. However next year almost every player will still be in school so I'd predict we'll be back to our best. This year isn't a complete right off either, a few key players were missing today

Advertisement