Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Folks,
    I need your help. I am coaching an under 16 team and we are struggling for fixtures as many teams don't field at this level.
    We are hoping to put together an under 16 fixture contact list. I would be grateful if any of you could send me on the name and number of under 16 coachs in your clubs, so we can touch base.
    We would hope to have some sort of network set up.
    Thanks for your help.

get onto the RDO for your area. Where abouts are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Folks,
    I need your help. I am coaching an under 16 team and we are struggling for fixtures as many teams don't field at this level.
    We are hoping to put together an under 16 fixture contact list. I would be grateful if any of you could send me on the name and number of under 16 coachs in your clubs, so we can touch base.
    We would hope to have some sort of network set up.
    Thanks for your help.
    What club are you with?
    Why field at 16s? Would it not be better to field at 17s and get more games.
    There is an u16 league in Limerick with 12 clubs taking part if you are close enough to Limerick to play games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I am with Buccaneers in Athlone. We field at both 16s and 17s level. They are two stand alone squads. I must check out that league in Limerick. Might get a few games out of that.
    The problem is that we don't have enough 16s teams in Connacht to have a meaning league with regular reliable matchs.

I am with Buccaneers in Athlone. We field at both 16s and 17s level. They are two stand alone squads. I must check out that league in Limerick. Might get a few games out of that.
    The problem is that we don't have enough 16s teams in Connacht to have a meaning league with regular reliable matchs.
    Would it be an option to play in the connacht 17s league?
    It would be difficult enough with a year age gap but the players would benefit a lot especially for the following year when the kids are u17s and Buccs are usually very strong so they wouldnt do too bad

Connacht youths squad to face Munster sunday in highfield rfc
    1 Conor Kyne Galwegians
    2 Pat O'Toole Westport
    3 Colin Joyce Corinthians
    4 Aaron Broderick Corinthians
    5 Rory Murphy Ballinrobe
    6 Evan Galvin Buccaneers
    7 Kevin Hastings Westport
    8 Jack Codyre Ballinasloe
    9 Jason Mitchell Galwegians
    10 Michael Green Creggs
    11 Harry Hughes Buccaneers
    12 Finn Stoneman Galwegians
    13 Conor Lowndes Galwegians
    14 Paddy Glavey Westport
    15 Cathal Evans Corinthians
    Replacements
    Craig Hansberry Corinthians
    Fintan Murphy Castlebar
    Conan O'Donnell Sligo
    Peter Claffey Ballinasloe
    Fergal Tully Ballina
    Darragh Maher Monivea
    Sean Horan Ballinasloe
    Sean Tobin Westport
    Sean Dempsey Buccaneers
    Sean Doyle Buccaneers
    http://domestic.connachtrugby.ie/201209212299/

• Advertisement

ormond lad wrote: »
    Connacht youths squad to face Munster sunday in highfield rfc
    1 Conor Kyne Galwegians
    2 Pat O'Toole Westport
    3 Colin Joyce Corinthians
    4 Aaron Broderick Corinthians
    5 Rory Murphy Ballinrobe
    6 Evan Galvin Buccaneers
    7 Kevin Hastings Westport
    8 Jack Codyre Ballinasloe
    9 Jason Mitchell Galwegians
    10 Michael Green Creggs
    11 Harry Hughes Buccaneers
    12 Finn Stoneman Galwegians
    13 Conor Lowndes Galwegians
    14 Paddy Glavey Westport
    15 Cathal Evans Corinthians
    Replacements
    Craig Hansberry Corinthians
    Fintan Murphy Castlebar
    Conan O'Donnell Sligo
    Peter Claffey Ballinasloe
    Fergal Tully Ballina
    Darragh Maher Monivea
    Sean Horan Ballinasloe
    Sean Tobin Westport
    Sean Dempsey Buccaneers
    Sean Doyle Buccaneers
    http://domestic.connachtrugby.ie/201209212299
    The Munster side to face Connacht is below
    Munster XV: Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Eoin O’Carroll (Tralee), Kieran Duggan (Highfield), Mark Dorgan (Highfield), Joe White (Clonakilty), Fionn McGibney (Garryowen), Ronan O’Lahhoran (Ennis), Brendan Quinlan (Clanwilliam), Eoghan Greene (Sunday’s Well), Ben Betts (Young Munster), Aaron Hogan (Youghal), Conor O’Sullivan (Kanturk), Darragh Power (Waterpark), Connell Dodd (Waterpark), Idris Rqibi (Captain), (Skibbereen). Replacements: Stephen Shine (Young Munster), Philip Poilot (Clonakilty), Peter Ryan (Nenagh Ormond RFC), Luke O’Leary (Sunday’s Well), Alex McAuliffe (Bruff), Gareth Molloy (Waterpark), Eathon Moloney (Nenagh Ormond), Cian Tierney (Bruff).
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10847.php

Leinster youths hammered Ulster winning 52-3.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10343.php

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Leinster youths hammered Ulster winning 52-3.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10343.php

The final Score was actually 50-3 but that is just a detail. A really impreessive display by Leainster. Ulster started well with thier bigger pack on top, particularly at scrum time but thye Leinster 8 worked on it and soon got on top.
    The 3, 8, 10 and 12 for leinster were all very impressive. The 14 and 15 both looked dangerous when on the ball.
    Much of the fight seemed to go out of Ulster after the 2nd Leinster try and after that it was all one way traffic.

The Munster side to face Connacht is below
    Munster XV: Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Eoin O’Carroll (Tralee), Kieran Duggan (Highfield), Mark Dorgan (Highfield), Joe White (Clonakilty), Fionn McGibney (Garryowen), Ronan O’Lahhoran (Ennis), Brendan Quinlan (Clanwilliam), Eoghan Greene (Sunday’s Well), Ben Betts (Young Munster), Aaron Hogan (Youghal), Conor O’Sullivan (Kanturk), Darragh Power (Waterpark), Connell Dodd (Waterpark), Idris Rqibi (Captain), (Skibbereen). Replacements: Stephen Shine (Young Munster), Philip Poilot (Clonakilty), Peter Ryan (Nenagh Ormond RFC), Luke O’Leary (Sunday’s Well), Alex McAuliffe (Bruff), Gareth Molloy (Waterpark), Eathon Moloney (Nenagh Ormond), Cian Tierney (Bruff).
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10847.php
    Connacht won this game 14-6

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Great win for Connacht, I thought that Munster would win that game. Close and low scoring. Any match report or feedback from the game?

• Advertisement

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Great win for Connacht, I thought that Munster would win that game. Close and low scoring. Any match report or feedback from the game?
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10857.php
    Wasnt at game. Havent heard from anyone who was there.
    Are league fixtures available online anywhere?
    Have only seen north munster fixtures.

Stanza2 wrote: »
    I wasnt at the game but spoke with someone who was. He told me that Connacht dominated up front, particularly at scrum time. This surprised me as I though the Munster pack were quite good when I saw them.
    The Leinster v Connacht game this Sat shoud be interesting.

While in Musgrave Park at the A schools interpro today i saw the south u19 league groups
    there is 2 sections with 9 teams in section 1 and 7 in section 2 from what i saw which is strange
    section 1
    youghal, mallow, old christians, midleton, fermoy, sundays well, dolphin, cobh, kanturk
    section 2
    highfield, skibbereen, muskerry, clonakilty, ballincollig, cork con, kinsale
    league due to start 20th oct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

At Ashbourne RFC this Saturday, the U19 Interpro Playoffs will take place.
    First game is Exiles v Ulster at 12.30, Leinster 2 v Munster at 14.30 then Leinster 1 v Connacht at 16.30.

Pop along and get a game or few in.

Leinster Youths side to play Connacht in Naas RFC on saturday at 1.30pm
    15: Karl Dunne (Tullamore)
    14: Anthony McGivney (Mullingar)
    13: Sean Moran (Kilkenny)
    12: James Nolan (Gorey) CAPTAIN
    11: Robert Vallejo (New Ross)
    10: Conor O'Brien (Mullingar)
    9: Joey Carbery (Athy)
    1: Harry Hester (Navan)
    2: Jack McKenna (Wicklow)
    3: Niall Hannon (Mullingar)
    4: Andrew Purcell (Mullingar)
    5: Colm Joyce Ahearne (Wexford Wanderers)
    6: Liam Walsh (Wicklow)
    7: Conor Oliver (Skerries)
    8: Garry Dunne (Kilkenny)
    Replacements
    16: Eddie Doyle (Wanderers)
    17: David O'Reilly (Mullingar)
    18: Sean Healy (Navan)
    19: Josh White (Gorey)
    20: Michael Russell (Naas)
    21: Tiernan Gonnelly (Dundalk)
    22: Andrew Feeney (Suttonians)
    23: David McDermot (Co. Carlow)

The Connacht Youths team that will play Leinster Youths in Naas RFC on Sat 29th Sept at 1:30 has been announced.
    1. Craig Hansberry Corinthians
    2. Pat O'Toole Westport
    3. Colin Joyce Corinthians
    4. Aaron Broderick Corinthians
    5. Rory Murphy Ballinrobe
    6. Evan Galvin Buccaneers
    7. Kevin Hastings Westport
    8. Jack Codyre Ballinasloe
    9. Jason Mitchell Galwegians
    10. Michael Green Creggs
    11. Harry Hughes Buccaneers
    12. Finn Stoneman Galwegians
    13. Conor Lowndes Galwegians
    14. Paddy Glavey Westport
    15. Cathal Evans Corinthians

Replacements
    16. Cormac Groden Westport
    17. Conan O’Donnell Sligo
    18. Fintan Murphy Castlebar
    19. Fergal Tully Ballina
    20. Darragh Maher Monivea
    21. Sean Dempsey Buccaneers
    22. Sean Tobin Westport
    23. Sean Doyle Buccaneers
    24. Sean Horan Ballinasloe
    http://domestic.connachtrugby.ie/201209272309/connacht-u18-to-face-leinster

All fixtures for all regions in Munster now up on munsterrugby.
    Good to see numbers of sides competing at these age groups increasing
    48 teams competing at 17s level and 33 at 19s level
    Leagues start over the next 2 weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

A depleted Exiles team lost out in the end 20-15 to Ulster in the U19 Interpros at Ashbourne. Leinster 'White' beat Munster 23-19 in a great game. The surface here promotes good attack play. Connacht currently leading Leinster 'Blue' in the first half of the last match of the day. 6-3 the score. This is a tight one.

We'll throw a report up over on Tuesday once games reviewed. Pics currently uploading on INPHO.ie

Leinster U18 beat connaught 29-6 today in Naas. Leinster were 24-3 up at half time. Great first half performance by Leinster. 2nd half was very disjointed.
    Munster beat Ulster also.

BigHeel wrote: »
    Leinster U18 beat connacht 29-6 today in Naas. Leinster were 24-3 up at half time. Great first half performance by Leinster. 2nd half was very disjointed.
    Munster beat Ulster also.
    Munster beat Ulster 34-12

• Advertisement

Regional Leagues have started in Leinster at 17s/19s
    Leinster league phase 1 starts saturday week
    Below is the 19s Leinster League phase 1 groups which will be played up until xmas and phase 2 games will be played after xmas
    Section A
    Wicklow
    Enniscorthy
    Athy
    Gorey
    Kilkenny
    Carlow

Section B
    Ratoath
    Ashbourne/Balbriggan
    North Meath
    Longford
    Clondalkin
    Dundalk
    North Kildare

Regional Leagues have started in Leinster at 17s/19s
    Leinster league phase 1 starts saturday week
    Below is the 19s Leinster League phase 1 groups which will be played up until xmas and phase 2 games will be played after xmas
    Section A
    Wicklow
    Enniscorthy
    Athy
    Gorey
    Kilkenny
    Carlow

Section B
    Ratoath
    Ashbourne/Balbriggan
    North Meath
    Longford
    Clondalkin
    Dundalk
    North Kildare

You have it half right. The Section A you show is the Section A South (however you are missing New Ross).
    Section A North is
    Tullamore
    Mullingar
    Navan
    R&BRebels
    Naas
    Barnhall
    Dundalk.

The Sections B you have Section B North but take Dundalk out.
    Section B South is
    Wexford
    Arklow
    Cill Dara
    Clane
    Tullow
    Portlaoise

Only Teams in Section A can make it into the Premier League in Phase 2.

3rd round of Interpro games were played over the weekend
    Leinster beat Munster 10-7 in Thomond Park today
    Any result from Connacht Ulster game??

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Waterpark under 17 beat West Munster 29-10 according to the website. I'd expect great things from that side

KJY wrote: »
    Waterpark under 17 beat West Munster 29-10 according to the website. I'd expect great things from that side
    what website?
    what west side did ye play?
    That park side are good but 2 years ago lost out to Nenagh in the east 15s league final but won the cup. Nenagh, Waterpark and Clanwilliam(on the basis of their game v Nenagh today) will all be strong

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

what website?
    what west side did ye play?
    That park side are good but 2 years ago lost out to Nenagh in the east 15s league final but won the cup. Nenagh, Waterpark and Clanwilliam(on the basis of their game v Nenagh today) will all be strong

The Park Facebook page. I think it was the regional side. That team would have had a good few of the side that almost beat Bruff (the only team to come close seemingly) last year and there's an outstanding under 16 laying with them as well. I think the under 16's overall aren't the strongest though.

3rd round of Interpro games were played over the weekend
    Leinster beat Munster 10-7 in Thomond Park today
    Any result from Connacht Ulster game??

Was in Thomond yesterday and while it was a low scoring game it was a cracker.
    Munster started well with the pack on top at scrum time however the defensive speed and workrate from Leinster contained the treat.
    As the game went on the Leinster pack got their act togeter ion the scrum and started to totally dominate the lineout. Leinster looked very dangerous with ball in hand and could have score a few times but the final pass didnt always stick.
    Leinster were deserved winners.

Connaught beat Ulster in the outer match so the semi final line up will be
    Leinster v Ulster
    Connaught v Munster.

BigHeel wrote: »
    Was in Thomond yesterday and while it was a low scoring game it was a cracker.
    Munster started well with the pack on top at scrum time however the defensive speed and workrate from Leinster contained the treat.
    As the game went on the Leinster pack got their act togeter ion the scrum and started to totally dominate the lineout. Leinster looked very dangerous with ball in hand and could have score a few times but the final pass didnt always stick.
    Leinster were deserved winners.

Connacht beat Ulster in the other match so the semi final line up will be
    Leinster v Ulster
    Connacht v Munster.
    Will be interesting how many the irish youths look at for their training camp in Limerick/Cork and Clongowes in 3 weeks time(which includes a game against the irish schools)

All Leinster u/age fixtures up on leinsterrugby.ie now.
    19s/17s split into sections that are divided into north and south groups. 6/7 teams in each group

KJY wrote: »
    Wouldnt be bigging them at all. theyre a fine side and will make the pan munster but you never know how the season will go
    Small report on munster rugby is below
    Presume a handful of that park side will be in UL for the training day at the end of this month.
    www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10940

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Wouldnt be bigging them at all. theyre a fine side and will make the pan munster but you never know how the season will go
    Small report on munster rugby is below
    Presume a handful of that park side will be in UL for the training day at the end of this month.
    www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10940

What are the training days for? And why two different locations? When are squads announced?

Advertisement