Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

profitius wrote: »
    Very good results for the Munster U18 sides. LI and Ospreys traditionally have strong underage sides.
    Good enough results. Hopefully the interpro results are very good and international representation can improve on recent years

Shane Horgan inter regional competition starts tomorrow. This comp between the various youths regions in leinster will help decide the leinster youths squad that will play in the interpros in 2 years time
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10232.php

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

ormond lad wrote: »
    Good enough results. Hopefully the interpro results are very good and international representation can improve on recent years

Shane Horgan inter regional competition starts tomorrow. This comp between the various youths regions in leinster will help decide the leinster youths squad that will play in the interpros in 2 years time
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10232.php

I'm hoping to get there tomorrow evening. Should be two interesting games. The North East v Midlands is nearly always a cracker.

BigHeel wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get there tomorrow evening. Should be two interesting games. The North East v Midlands is nearly always a cracker.
    did you go to the 2 games in the end BigHeel??
    round 1 results
    Midlands 7-38 North East
    North Midlands 17-8 South East

I'm hoping to see the Munster v Exiles game in Limerick on 1st Sept. It should be a good game with only a few weeks before the inter pros.
    Munsters team for this game has been picked and can be seen here

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Young Horgan playing full back will be interesting he plays outhalf for Highfield but a very natural footballer with great balance and a hell of a boot

• Advertisement

exiles u18s beat munster youths 31-28 in thomond today
    interpros start in few weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skip64

exiles u18s beat munster youths 31-28 in thomond today
    interpros start in few weeks time
    Was just about to go searching for this result.. What was the game like.. With a score line showing 59 points scored it must have been entertaining.

skip64 wrote: »
    Was just about to go searching for this result.. What was the game like.. With a score line showing 59 points scored it must have been entertaining.
    didnt go. all i heard was that it was a good game with the exiles getting a handful of trys early on in the game out wide but after a change or two by munster the game settled. after munster settled they got back into the game well to get within a score at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frjj

didnt go. all i heard was that it was a good game with the exiles getting a handful of trys early on in the game out wide but after a change or two by munster the game settled. after munster settled they got back into the game well to get within a score at the end
    fairly inaccurate report of what happened? munster went 28 14 up and exiles came back to win it with a try at the end following coming back after munster made a number of substitutions with about 10 minutes left tries from power, o halloran and substitute eoin o carroll running from his 22 to score

frjj wrote: »
    fairly inaccurate report of what happened? munster went 28 14 up and exiles came back to win it with a try at the end following coming back after munster made a number of substitutions with about 10 minutes left tries from power, o halloran and substitute eoin o carroll running from his 22 to score
    sorry. only going on what someone at the game said(i may have misheard what they said)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

frjj wrote: »

Great game of rugby. Munster very unfortunate to lose and I thought they were the better team. The 9 O'Halloran looks class, the 8 riqibi was the best player for munster over the 80 mins. Sean O'Hagan at 10 for Exiles was the difference between the teams in the first half making great breaks and putting it on a plate for the wingers. He was less effective in the second half when moved to 12. When he attacked they scored. Munster dominated the scrums and forward battles for me but never made the Exiles pay for it other than Power try. The try by sub O'Carroll was fantastic, he probably should have been tackled but raw pace and a wonderful score. The ref made some strange decisions and could have let it flow a bit more but all in all I Thought it was a great advert for the game

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Great game of rugby. Munster very unfortunate to lose and I thought they were the better team. The 9 O'Halloran looks class, the 8 riqibi was the best player for munster over the 80 mins. Sean O'Hagan at 10 for Exiles was the difference between the teams in the first half making great breaks and putting it on a plate for the wingers. He was less effective in the second half when moved to 12. When he attacked they scored. Munster dominated the scrums and forward battles for me but never made the Exiles pay for it other than Power try. The try by sub O'Carroll was fantastic, he probably should have been tackled but raw pace and a wonderful score. The ref made some strange decisions and could have let it flow a bit more but all in all I Thought it was a great advert for the game
    S o Hagan already has played and done well at irish youths level so should be doing well at provincial level.
    Youths playing munster A schools (those not in schools like rockwell, cbc, munchins etc) in next few weeks before their interpros which should be a good test for them
    eoin o carrol is a top class sprinter and has done well at munster and irish level on the track over the past few years

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Fully agree with this. Riqibi was a joy to watch. While I was confused by much of the refereeing it was still a good game to watch. A lot of positives for both side but I also think both side will be disapointed in their defending.

youths leagues at u13 & u15 levels start this weekend in north munster.
    Fixtures can be seen here
    No other fixtures for other age groups or leagues in south or east munster have been released yet.
    Can rugby_fan or someone else from leinster tell me how the leinster youths are set for the interpros?

Anybody at Munster Schools match today at Musgrave?.. Result??

didnt go to game. match report from munster website is here as this thread is about youths rugby not schools

didnt go to game. match report from munster website is here as this thread is about youths rugby not schools
    Thank you. Got it this morning. It seems it didn't go to plan... But still a win is a win for 17year olds.

youths leagues at u13 & u15 levels start this weekend in north munster.
    Fixtures can be seen here
    No other fixtures for other age groups or leagues in south or east munster have been released yet.
    Can rugby_fan or someone else from leinster tell me how the leinster youths are set for the interpros?

Leinster Youths had some good warm up games and a weeks camp and seem in good form from what I have seen but a little hard to tell as I dont think I have seen their best 15 on the field for longer than 15 minutes.

Interesting to see that one of the exiles on last seasons irish youths,backrow frank taggart, was playing with harlequins a side in the a premiership tonight.
    Youths leagues started in limerick over the weekend at the younger age groups and start over the next few weeks in the rest of the province

Munster Youths play the A schools tomorrow evening in highfield rfc. think kick off is round 6ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Munster Youths play the A schools tomorrow evening in highfield rfc. think kick off is round 6ish

KO Confirmed for 1830.

A schools beat the youths 10-8 in highfield this evening with a score at the end of the game but were well worth their victory
    Youths side were much more organised as you would expect considering they were training and playing together 3-4 days a week for the past 2 months while the a schools have only been training once a week for most of the summer and only increased to training twice a week only recently.
    The longer the game went on the better the A schools got.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Omvad

Was at a couple of the youths matches at the start and saw o halloran sub for a very strong quick nine o Mahony and I've notice he's dissapeared has he gone to schools ? V exiles o halloran was superb great passing and a try witch will excuse him of his kick witch went out on the full ! Riqibi is a great carrying 8 and is the clear leader . Horgan in fullback is a natural rugby player

Omvad wrote: »
    Was at a couple of the youths matches at the start and saw o halloran sub for a very strong quick nine o Mahony and I've notice he's dissapeared has he gone to schools ? V exiles o halloran was superb great passing and a try witch will excuse him of his kick witch went out on the full ! Riqibi is a great carrying 8 and is the clear leader . Horgan in fullback is a natural rugby player
    Say that again. What youth matches at the start?
    Who do you think has disappeared? Doubt anyone's gone to schools at this stage. Much more likely to go to a school after the interpros. Horgan is a good player and should stand out considering its his 2nd year on the youths squad
    They're a fine side but im surprised theyre not better. They lost to the A schools this week which is a surprise considering the youths have been in rockwell for the past 2 months training with the schools, 19s and 20s while the A schools have only trained more than once a week in the last few weeks and didnt even train every week this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Omvad

Say that again. What youth matches at the start?
    Who do you think has disappeared? Doubt anyone's gone to schools at this stage. Much more likely to go to a school after the interpros. Horgan is a good player and should stand out considering its his 2nd year on the youths squad
    They're a fine side but im surprised theyre not better. They lost to the A schools this week which is a surprise considering the youths have been in rockwell for the past 2 months training with the schools, 19s and 20s while the A schools have only trained more than once a week in the last few weeks and didnt even train every week this summer
    I was at there game v ospreys and a trial game where David O Mahony was playing but now he's just gone ? Yes true but I'm surprised to see him at 15 and not ten ? I suppose even though a schools are a year older ? I also think with a schools if your good enough they put you on the schools or youths for example Darren sweetnam played a schools a few years early and eventually was put on the munster u18 schools team. . I do agree with you they should be given mire resources any interprovincial side to be only training once a week just isn't good enough ?

I was at there game v ospreys and a trial game where David O Mahony was playing but now he's just gone ? Yes true but I'm surprised to see him at 15 and not ten ? I suppose even though a schools are a year older ? I also think with a schools if your good enough they put you on the schools or youths for example Darren sweetnam played a schools a few years early and eventually was put on the munster u18 schools team. . I do agree with you they should be given mire resources any interprovincial side to be only training once a week just isn't good enough ?
    They did cut some players after the game against the A schools. Not many of the A schools are 94s, there is as many 95s(same age as munster youths) and 96s on the A schools squad.
    Sweetnam played u18 schools not A schools/
    The A schools have recently been training more than once a week but everything is an issue like why have none of the A schools been given gear yet, why have they not had munster jerseys to wear for warm up games like the other munster underage squads, why have they not had warm up gear to wear

Munster A schools(not in the 8 A schools) squad named for first interpro which is against Connacht and is on this wednesday in Musgrave Park at 3pm
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10821.php
    Munster A Schools' Squad:
    Forwards:
    Toby Adamakin (Villiers School), Padraig Keating (Bandon Grammar), James Reeves (CBS Sexton St.) Sean Scully (Bandon Grammar), Joel O’Dwyer (High Schools CBS Clonmel), Peter Traynor (De La Salle Waterford), Richard Kingston Capt. (Bandon Grammar), Mike Riordan (John the Baptist, Hospital), Robbie Steele (Midleton College), Paddy Butler (Coláiste an Spioraid Naoimh), Ross Coffee (Mounthawk Tralee), Josh Barnes (Mounthawk College), Stephen Carey (High School CBS Clonmel), Bryan Moore (Midleton College).
    Backs: Isaac Daly (CBS Tramore), David Kavanagh (De La Salle Waterford), Fearghal O’Nuallain (Mounthawk Tralee), Kerry Desmond (Bandon Grammar), Jack Donovan (Nenagh CBS), Andrew Carey (Dungarvan CBS), Dylan Cadogan (High School CBS Clonmel), Dan Finnerty (St. Anne’s C.C. Killaloe), John Murphy (Coláiste Ide agus Iosef, Abbeyfeale), Jack O’Donnell (Dungarvan CBS), Ben Coady (Villiers School).

I going to the Leinster v Ulster U18 game tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it as I havnt seen Ulster in action yet this year.
    With the Ireland Youths playing in FERA this year the youth inter pros will be particularly interesting.

I going to the Leinster v Ulster U18 game tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it as I havnt seen Ulster in action yet this year.
    With the Ireland Youths playing in FERA this year the youth inter pros will be particularly interesting.
    Leinsters team is here and Ulsters team is http://www.intouchrugby.com/magazine/2012/09/20/ulster-rugby-u18-clubs-youth-squad-announced-for-leinster-donnybrook-1-30pm-sat-named-here/
    Great to see Irish Youths back in the FIRA championship. didnt agree at all when the youths got shafted a couple of years ago and the schools competed in the FIRA championship.
    Irish youths training in Clongowes at end of october and will play irish schools in this time. Irish youths will also play 2 games, 1 v italy and 1 v scotland befote playing in the FIRA championship in France in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Folks,
    I need your help. I am coaching an under 16 team and we are struggling for fixtures as many teams don't field at this level.
    We are hoping to put together an under 16 fixture contact list. I would be grateful if any of you could send me on the name and number of under 16 coachs in your clubs, so we can touch base.
    We would hope to have some sort of network set up.
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement