Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Nenagh won east u19 final against Clonmel last night 8-3.
    Galbally beat Nenagh in 17s 3rd place playoff today
    Garryowen beat Young Munster/Ennis 29-5 in north 19 semi today

How are Leinster/Connacht/Ulster leagues going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Sligo beat Corinthians in the U17 League final today 17-0. Have to admit Sligo were the better team and deserved the victory but Corinthians didn't play well and were victims of some crap referring decisions

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Sligo beat Corinthians in the U17 League final today 17-0. Have to admit Sligo were the better team and deserved the victory but Corinthians didn't play well and were victims of some crap referring decisions
    What do they play in while waiting for the other provinces to finish their comps and the all ireland to start. Munster final will not be until mid/late march so all ireland will not be until april.
    How is Connacht 19s league going?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

ormond lad wrote: »
    Nenagh won east u19 final against Clonmel last night 8-3.
    Galbally beat Nenagh in 17s 3rd place playoff today
    Garryowen beat Young Munster/Ennis 29-5 in north 19 semi today

How are Leinster/Connacht/Ulster leagues going?

In Leinster at U19 there are still alot of matches to be played so its hard to guess the final standings.
    At U17 its fairly clear that the SemiFinalists will be Navan, Mullingar, Boyne and Wexford.

BigHeel wrote: »
    In Leinster at U19 there are still alot of matches to be played so its hard to guess the final standings.
    At U17 its fairly clear that the SemiFinalists will be Navan, Mullingar, Boyne and Wexford.
    Lots of games still to be played in Munster. Pan Munster hasnt been drawn yet but going by the regional leagues Nenagh, Abbeyfeale, Garryowen, Cork Con, Sundays Well will be the strongest sides at 19s.
    u17 level Waterpark are strong as are Old Crescent, Tralee, Kanturk and Crosshaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

OL ..you might know something on this...if a player has been on loan to a club in the north munster league can he go on loan to another for the pan/munster comp. as the first club is not contesting the pan/munster and it is a new competition...

backgreen wrote: »
    OL ..you might know something on this...if a player has been on loan to a club in the north munster league can he go on loan to another for the pan/munster comp. as the first club is not contesting the pan/munster and it is a new competition...
    Probably not considering the pan munster is a development on from the north munster comp. Best bet is that you get your youth officer to ask regional committee or provincial youths committee.
    What age group are you on about? 17s/19s?

Probably not considering the pan munster is a development on from the north munster comp. Best bet is that you get your youth officer to ask regional committee or provincial youths committee.
    What age group are you on about? 17s/19s?
    u19s..

Any news on the irish youths squad for the game against the irish schools in Coolmine on sunday and the 2 teams in the irish 19s game tomorrow and where that game is due to be played?

Youths interpro semi finals are on saturday week.
    Leinster play Ulster and Munster play Connacht

• Advertisement

What do they play in while waiting for the other provinces to finish their comps and the all ireland to start. Munster final will not be until mid/late march so all ireland will not be until april.

There is still a cup tournament but its also that these two teams are victims of their own success in that they are (with respect to the other teams) way ahead and some of the other teams have conceeded against both.
    How is Connacht 19s league going?

Unfortunately, I don't have anyone playing at this level this year and have been too busy to stay up to date on whats happening at this age group :(

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    There is still a cup tournament but its also that these two teams are victims of their own success in that they are (with respect to the other teams) way ahead and some of the other teams have conceeded against both.

Unfortunately, I don't have anyone playing at this level this year and have been too busy to stay up to date on whats happening at this age group :(
    If any of ye're sides(13s to 19s are looking for a game PM me as any of nenaghs sides are always on the lookout for games)

Any news on how the Shane Horgan u16 games went today?
    North Midlands were due to play Midlands and North East were due to play Metro.
    Also for anyone interested a Leinser u18 side(presumably next yrs interpro side are playing a St Michaels side in St Michaels on saturday at 1pm while a metro u18 side play a midlands u18 side in DLSP rfc tomorrow at 11.30am

Also for anyone interested a Leinser u18 side(presumably next yrs interpro side are playing a St Michaels side in St Michaels on saturday at 1pm while a metro u18 side play a midlands u18 side in DLSP rfc tomorrow at 11.30am[/QUOTE]

The U18 team playing St Michaels is this seasons intrepro side. It is a warm up for the interpro semi final.
    The area U18 sides playing in DLSP today contain next years possible interpro players.

If any of ye're sides(13s to 19s are looking for a game PM me as any of nenaghs sides are always on the lookout for games)

Sorry Ormond but I'm not involved in club coaching but I'll try to pass on the word to some of the lads involved ;-)

Any result from that game between Michaels and Leinster Youths??
    Garryowen beat Bruff 14-0 in north munster u19 league final today

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Any news on the Irish U19 games over the holiday period? See very little news about them on Irish rugby websites.

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Any news on the Irish U19 games over the holiday period? See very little news about them on Irish rugby websites.
    Havent seen anything on irish 19s. Seems strange that a full list of all the irish squads hasnt been listed on the irish website like previous years

A match report from the connacht u17 final that Dave mentioned in an earlier post is here

Munster and Leinster have named their squads ahead of their respective interprovincial semi finals this saturday against Connacht and Ulster.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/11359.php
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10839.php

The Munster Connacht game is on in the Sportsground at 1pm and the Leinster Ulster game is on in Ashbourne rfc at 1pm

Munster and Leinster have named their squads ahead of their respective interprovincial semi finals this saturday against Connacht and Ulster.

The Munster Connacht game is on in the Sportsground at 1pm and the Leinster Ulster game is on in Ashbourne rfc at 1pm

If my counting is right both these squads are made up of lads from 16 different clubs. That really is a credit to the work being done at underage level in clubs all over both provincies.I'm hoping to get to the Leinster v Ulster game on Sat.

BigHeel wrote: »
    If my counting is right both these squads are made up of lads from 16 different clubs. That really is a credit to the work being done at underage level in clubs all over both provincies.I'm hoping to get to the Leinster v Ulster game on Sat.
    Normally is that number of clubs represented every year. Is great to see especially clubs like youghal, kanturk that dont normally have huge numbers at representative level joining the clubs like waterpark, bruff, clonakilty, nenagh who regularly have players in provincial squads.
    Interesting to see several of the munster squad down on that link above as playing with a different club than they were at the time of the intepros back in september and also a few new names in the squad

Back to the club game. Pan Munster draw will be made soon enough and should be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Robbie Walsh for Waterpark seems to have been added to the squad. Ridiculous achievement if he did as he's a full two years underage. I can't see that being right though, any idea if that's a mistake?

KJY wrote: »
    Robbie Walsh for Waterpark seems to have been added to the squad. Ridiculous achievement if he did as he's a full two years underage. I can't see that being right though, any idea if that's a mistake?
    Doubt its a mistake and if he is that young he must be a very good player. If he's good enough he is old enough.
    Is he anything to Brian Walsh, number 8 who was a Munster youth 5/6 years ago and is currently playing with Bohs?

still no great advancement for west munster just one repesentation eoin carroll tralee which is the same every year

backgreen wrote: »
    still no great advancement for west munster just one repesentation eoin carroll tralee which is the same every year
    May have just been a poor year for the west in the u17 development games. There's normally at least 3/4 players from the west and in several years there has been 6/7 players from the west in the youths squad

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frjj

KJY wrote: »

no its true he made it

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Doubt its a mistake and if he is that young he must be a very good player. If he's good enough he is old enough.
    Is he anything to Brian Walsh, number 8 who was a Munster youth 5/6 years ago and is currently playing with Bohs?

Perhaps, but I know he's Adam Walsh who plays with Waterparks Seniors and Youths two years ago's brother. He is a cracking player. Yeah I think I heard it confirmed at the club today. He is a super talent but I'd say this is just blooding him for the future, get him involved with the squads

Connacht beat Munster 21-3 today in interpro semi. Any result from Leinster Ulster game?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Leinster 48- ulster 3. Very impressive Leinster performance.

Big win for Leinster.
    Match report is below
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10850.php
    Nenagh beat Roscrea-Birr 19-0 in a friendly yesterday between 2 sides who have the potential to be provincial champions at 19s level later on this year
    Dont know about RB but Nenagh were missing 5/6 key players

• Advertisement

Big win for Leinster.
    Match report is below
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10850.php
    Nenagh beat Roscrea-Birr 19-0 in a friendly yesterday between 2 sides]

Great first half display by Leinster. was a bit flat in the second half after a good few changes. Looking forward to the Finals day next week, a chance to see all four side in action.

Advertisement