Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Engineering Apprenticeships 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

OT but those Monarch A300's are probably the nicest plane I've ever flown on, not that I've being on many though.

Never would of thought that so much of the interior would be stripped away for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I assume that was a D check, you can be sure that ye wont be doing anything like that.

The guy from EI said it was only A checks that would be carried out.

EI get Heavy maintenance done in Bordeaux by sabena. They carry out the A checks in Dublin and shannon.

While you may not be doing any of that, getting the B1 , B2 and then type cert you can be sure you will be capable of that sort of work (and in the future may be expected to).
    However Id imagine most of the work will be line maintenace and turning A/C around.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

I assume that was a D check

It depends,it could of been a heavy C check,they vary from light C checks all the way up.My guess would be a C check but there is no way of knowing from that video unless someone here works with monarch and knows their MPD

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Skyb

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

well lads. can anyone remember what was on the maths test we did for aer lingus! if anyone knows or remembers what came up can the pm me!
    cheers
    B-rabbit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ruthie.NRS

Did anyone else hear anything from aer lingus or do ye reckon that ship has sailed??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

01ship.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

01ship.jpg

:D That ship looks like it could do with a service, the smoke pouring out of it!

I heard tell that EI had given good news to more than 20 people in order to allow for drop out/failure of any description. I couldn't say with any certainty that this is the case, but if it is then I wouldn't be expecting them to call anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

has anyone got something stating that they didn't get it? They're taking there time to notify people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

nope

• Advertisement

The ship has definatley sailed for those who havnt been called IMO. Even If you have gotten a call, I wouldnt tell the Boss to feck off just yet, until you have your Aer Lingus ID and have signed a contract, I wouldnt be getting too ahead of myself. I wouldnt be suprised if all the lads called are on another shortlist with the final number selected from this list. Id say theres a strong chance a few may fail the medical.
    From the phone call they said "progression to the next stage" not "you are being offered an apprenticeship".

Skyb wrote: »

Are the medicals not all done yet? It was fairly straight forward. Urine sample, blood pressure, eyesight, colour blindness.

Nothing unusual. I think once the medical is done it's just a matter of waiting for security clearence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I think this is the sort of future that will leave you on the edge of redundancy most of the time . Working in aviation production engineering myself in the past, I swore i would never go back. It has a habit of pulling the rug from under your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Every other industry in Ireland is really safe from redundancy.

Oh wait,

ಠ_ಠ

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I think this is the sort of future that will leave you on the edge of redundancy most of the time . Working in aviation production engineering myself in the past, I swore i would never go back. It has a habit of pulling the rug from under your feet.

i think not,theres plenty of work if you bother to look,even if you are unlicensed and willing to move away!! plenty.

I haven't a clue! I'm hoping it won't take too long, I'd like to get an idea of a start date and course outline soon. I've heard the Garda vetting takes an age but considering they don't seem to be going to the central vetting office it might not take too long.

They have already processed the 5 year background check anyway, they called me about mine, an error on behalf of my employer led them to believe I hadn't been employed for 3 years but I got it sorted! :pac:

• Advertisement

Sinking Plenty of pints down the Knights helps a lot!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

A320 wrote: »
    Sinking Plenty of pints down the Knights helps a lot!!!!!!

oh jaysus, and murphy browns, the drive home is controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NwRepairman

Any sucessful candidates heard anything back from AL since the medical?

Any sucessful candidates heard anything back from AL since the medical?

Just queries on background. Im getting worried, if this is to start like a college type course, they will be back mid sept. So after all the HR orientation is done that would be a late august start or early sept.
    Ive a feeling somebody is holding back on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

Dont be to concerned lads,Aer lingus began the recruitment process very early,would i be right in saying you'll be heading to shannon for 9 months for phase 2?if so that dosnt start till early october

LeakRate wrote: »
    Dont be to concerned lads,Aer lingus began the recruitment process very early,would i be right in saying you'll be heading to shannon for 9 months for phase 2?if so that dosnt start till early october

Correct, but Im just worried about sorting accomadation for the 9 months. Is there any positives to living in shannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

don't live in SNN lads i know said stay in ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

Second that,dont live in shannon,best thing in shannon is the road out of it,thats what we were thought in phase 1:D Live in either Ennis or Limerick,i opted for limerick,LIT student village,Cratloe wood,only a 20min spin to fas shannon from there,some great student nights in limerick to help the 9 months fly by ;)

• Advertisement

FOGOFUNK wrote: »
    oh jaysus, and murphy browns, the drive home is controversial.

Ha the drive from Bunratty is worse!!!! The only advantage of living in Shannon is crawling into FAS on a friday morning

Advertisement