Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

It's a fuc*er of I thing, I get it every year when the weather gets warm. Still haven't found a cure for it.
    its not heat rash if you get it every year when its warm ,more like a reaction to something that you do or wear when its warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

It's a fuc*er of I thing, I get it every year when the weather gets warm. Still haven't found a cure for it.
    Ehm, is it only on your hands? I don't know if it's possible to only get it on your hands, far more likely for armpit/groin area.
    Do you do the rushes/scrub with stuff every year when the weather starts to get warm.......? Just a thought, every time I get any on me, my hands get itchy and flaky, almost like eczema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

naughto wrote: »
    its not heat rash if you get it every year when its warm ,more like a reaction to something that you do or wear when its warm

You could be right, goes overnight and comes back then in the middle of the day when it gets warm again. Just get it on the backs of my hands.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Ehm, is it only on your hands? I don't know if it's possible to only get it on your hands, far more likely for armpit/groin area.
    Do you do the rushes/scrub with stuff every year when the weather starts to get warm.......? Just a thought, every time I get any on me, my hands get itchy and flaky, almost like eczema.

Ya just the backs of my hands. I thought that myself at first but the only common denominator was heat. Was licking rushes the other day but had it for a few days beforehand and I wear gloves when I'm handling the stuff. Will go to the doc next week and find out what it is once and for all. Could well be some form of eczema from googling it. Nothing too serious anyway, just annoying.

Ya just the backs of my hands. I thought that myself at first but the only common denominator was heat. Was licking rushes the other day but had it for a few days beforehand and I wear gloves when I'm handling the stuff. Will go to the doc next week and find out what it is once and for all. Could well be some form of eczema from googling it. Nothing too serious anyway, just annoying.

:eek::eek: I get the very same thing! It comes up across my knuckles and up my thumb and fingers to the first joint, and the heat irritates it, especially if I sit next to the solid fuel cooker. Its bloody annoying isn't it. Both itchy and sore. I never used sudocream on it, an aloe gel kept in the fridge usually does me.

• Advertisement

:eek::eek: I get the very same thing! It comes up across my knuckles and up my thumb and fingers to the first joint, and the heat irritates it, especially if I sit next to the solid fuel cooker. Its bloody annoying isn't it. Both itchy and sore. I never used sudocream on it, an aloe gel kept in the fridge usually does me.

Tried it, sticky auld stuff though and didn't do much to help I thought! Awful itchy alright!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Is it a red haired thing I wonder?

Tried it, sticky auld stuff though and didn't do much to help I thought! Awful itchy alright!!

Goes after a week with me though but returns again and again.

Could well be, my skin isint designed to handle sunlight!! Normally perfect for this country :D

I'm not a red head :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I'm not a red head :pac:

I was only changing me arm! Shur how would I know.

I was only changing me arm! Shur how would I know.

If you joined twitter you'd know a lot more ;) Now tis leaba time I think. Over and out.

If you joined twitter you'd know a lot more ;) Now tis leaba time I think. Over and out.

:o:eek: Don't be giving him ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Could be contact deramatitus from wearing rubber gloves if ya are spraying

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

:o:eek: Don't be giving him ideas!

Why what's on twitter that your hiding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Have the worst case of ringworm we ever had in a heifer lads. I see sores on her now that are bleeding from where she was scratching. Don't normally do anything with them but she's a bit of an exceptional case. Is there any alternative to imavarol for it and can it be put on cut skin like this?

ringvac injection

Reggie. wrote: »
    Why what's on twitter that your hiding :D

Next weeks lotto numbers:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod note:
    Hi rushvalley, please have a read of our forum's charter and also the T&C's.
    Suggesting an illegal activity is one of the forbidden topics and can result in a ban from here.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Comic on tour!

iam on twitter cant find any of ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

iam on twitter cant find any of ye

@damo810
    @cullcows
    @GrandSoftDay
    @CiaranLynch
    @LadyHaywire
    @PhilipTyndall
    @davidwmcquade
    @patquirke

A few of them that I follow. You find a few more once you get chatting to a few people.

Damo810 wrote: »
    @damo810
    @cullcows
    @GrandSoftDay
    @CiaranLynch
    @LadyHaywire
    @PhilipTyndall
    @davidwmcquade
    @patquirke

A few of them that I follow. You find a few more once you get chatting to a few people.
    nice to put a few faces on names

Can I remind folk not to identify names back to users here - remember we want to protect folk's real life identities.
    In the meantime I have put it to the Admin team to make sure the above is OK to post as I dont't know, integrating twitter and facebook are very recent here.

Cheers
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

2 year old friesian heifer with a bit of AA breeding in her

Taltos wrote: »
    Can I remind folk not to identify names back to users here - remember we want to protect folk's real life identities.
    In the meantime I have put it to the Admin team to make sure the above is OK to post as I dont't know, integrating twitter and facebook are very recent here.

Cheers
    Taltos

I don't think damo ment any harm,he was just helping me out,I will use twitter more now that I no a/few from here are on it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I don't think damo Kent any harm,he was just helping me out,I will use twitter more now that I no a/few grow here are on it
    yes but it could have been done by pm

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

It can be removed, or if anyone doesn't want their name on here I can take it off, but everyone on there has openly shared the fact their on twitter with boards and are interacting with each other on twitter.

Like I said though, i'l can take it down/remove names if needs be.

Right now it is not clear who is who - so that appears to be ok.
    If folk though start guessing or tying names back to posters then that is a clear breach - hope this helps.

In the meantime the mod & admin team are discussing - either way the T&Cs are clear and so far we are fine there, although they were written without this in mind.

Thanks all.

Taltos wrote: »
    Right now it is not clear who is who - so that appears to be ok.
    If folk though start guessing or tying names back to posters then that is a clear breach - hope this helps.

In the meantime the mod & admin team are discussing - either way the T&Cs are clear and so far we are fine there, although they were written without this in mind.

Thanks all.

There was an old thread here on twitter Taltos, maybe if we kept it to that and if someone put up their username on it fair enough rather than other posters putting them up. I'm on the phone now so can't send a link to it but if you search the forum you'll find it.

• Advertisement

There was an old thread here on twitter Taltos, maybe if we kept it to that and if someone put up their username on it fair enough rather than other posters putting them up. I'm on the phone now so can't send a link to it but if you search the forum you'll find it.

Thread- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85352290

So maybe all twitter talk on that thread in the future.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement