Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Enough to know how to work my way around them alright! This was the last guy I had, bear in mind kovu is 5.7.
    http://i.imgur.com/K0vwcbf.jpg

and another who flew over any jump- http://i.imgur.com/e0liqRo.jpg

Is the pally a breed of Morgangold Major by any chance? Nice warmblood palomino stallion, had a stallion son too. Both gone now.

I bred two Arab crosses myself. One has since won a gold medal for Ireland :cool: Love them. Intelligent, hardy and compact. Bold too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

gadetra wrote: »
    Is the pally a breed of Morgangold Major by any chance? Nice warmblood palomino stallion, had a stallion son too. Both gone now.

I bred two Arab crosses myself. One has since won a gold medal for Ireland :cool: Love them. Intelligent, hardy and compact. Bold too.

A son of Morgangold Major, my old mare was one too. How'd you know that!

The one I bought yesterday won a National Lunging competition as a 3 yr old, forget what the stallion is now by the mare is Clover Hill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

A son of Morgangold Major, my old mare was one too. How'd you know that!

The one I bought yesterday won a National Lunging competition as a 3 yr old, forget what the stallion is now by the mare is Clover Hill.

There aren't too many good jumping pally's in Ireland! His son is in England now I think, major is dead as far as I know. How was the temp on the one you had? Crossed with a draught you said? I am an out and out breeding nerd. There's no hope for me!

How do you find the new one to jump? Where did he/she win the comp? Some of the 3yo's in those comps are way way over prepped, and questionably produced, although it's getting rarer now thank fook. I get sickened every time I see one balloning artificially over an oxer. Alarm bells!

Is new horse broken or will you break and produce them over the winter and sell in spring?

gadetra wrote: »
    There aren't too many good jumping pally's in Ireland! His son is in England now I think, major is dead as far as I know. How was the temp on the one you had? Crossed with a draught you said? I am an out and out breeding nerd. There's no hope for me!

How do you find the new one to jump? Where did he/she win the comp? Some of the 3yo's in those comps are way way over prepped, and questionably produced, although it's getting rarer now thank fook. I get sickened every time I see one balloning artificially over an oxer. Alarm bells!

Is new horse broken or will you break and produce them over the winter and sell in spring?

I'll PM you, easier than taking over the photo thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

moy83 wrote: »
    Or your personal wire chewing service !

The 35 wouldn't start for Dad one morning, when he looked he found wires chewed and pulled out of their clips. Cheeky wether hogget doing, told him that's what you get for keeping "passengers" around the farm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

leg wax wrote: »

And not a limousin in sight, hardy men!

My two very happy heifers gone to grass for the summer.
    C5bF22ml.jpg
    bHpQBNHl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

what their ancestory ?

what their ancestory ?

PB Lm cows, by Navarin and Palmares. Blue Heifer by VMP, Blonde by Kilmoney Bruce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

PB Lm cows, by Navarin and Palmares. Blue Heifer by VMP, Blonde by Kilmoney Bruce!

best of luck with them. :)

what bull will you use on them ?

best of luck with them. :)

what bull will you use on them ?

No idea until I see how they fare over the summer! Had a heifer the same age get bloat and went legs up a couple of summers ago on the same land :mad:

Might interest a few on here. ICBF suckler cow phot competition. http://www.icbf.com/?p=1818

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Some job , you would want to be lively on the feet when you have a hold of them boyos by the tail .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

would the dogs not drive them worse biting at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

naughto wrote: »
    would the dogs not drive them worse biting at them

I'd say any interference would drive them nuts anyhow . I suppose the dogs tire them down after awhile too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

That guy need a wheelbarrow to carry his balls around.

Have the worst case of ringworm we ever had in a heifer lads. I see sores on her now that are bleeding from where she was scratching. Don't normally do anything with them but she's a bit of an exceptional case. Is there any alternative to imavarol for it and can it be put on cut skin like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Have the worst case of ringworm we ever had in a heifer lads. I see sores on her now that are bleeding from where she was scratching. Don't normally do anything with them but she's a bit of an exceptional case. Is there any alternative to imavarol for it and can it be put on cut skin like this?
    I wonder is the fine weather making it worst? It could be photosensitization also, with the ringworm.

I wonder is the fine weather making it worst? It could be photosensitization also, with the ringworm.

I dunno to be honest. She's happy enough in herself and had a good bit of ringworm on her all winter. The rest with her were ok apart from an odd spot on 1 or 2 of them but you wouldn't worry about it. All the sores seems to be in circles though so I'd say it's just ringworm. Maybe getting raw and itchy now that the sun is killing it off :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Was told the sun will kill it, not 100% on that though..

Burnt oil was used once upon a time, banned now iirc as it's carcinogenic.

Damo810 wrote: »

The sun will kill it all right but she has a bad case of it, would like to speed up the process a bit. Wouldn't be a fan of burnt oil even though plenty use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Damo810 wrote: »

Carcinogenic?

rushvalley wrote: »
    Carcinogenic?

Causes cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Causes cancer.

What are the chances? I done 4 last week with burnt oil.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

GSD, I'd be a big believer in Sudocrem for most skin issues. Worth a try maybe.

GSD, I'd be a big believer in Sudocrem for most skin issues. Worth a try maybe.

I'll put her in tomorrow and put some on her, it'll soften the scabby bits if nothing else. Have a heat rash on my hands with the last few days and it's driving me spare, sudocream hasn't worked for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

I'll put her in tomorrow and put some on her, it'll soften the scabby bits if nothing else. Have a heat rash on my hands with the last few days and it's driving me spare, sudocream hasn't worked for that!!
    stop scratching your balls you should be fine.:D
    there is a tropical cream that you can get for heat rash

You could Try a 50/50 listerine mouthwash with water.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    stop scratching your balls you should be fine.:D
    there is a tropical cream that you can get for heat rash

It's a fuc*er of I thing, I get it every year when the weather gets warm. Still haven't found a cure for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement