Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tomo75

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Went out late last night to have a look around and got a lovely picture. Its lovely to see them so content.

calfcreep1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    That fella is just in from the pub!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

E125EACF_zps31dda704.jpg

not conventional cattle dog breed either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

johnpawl wrote: »
    That photo was taken yesterday, this one today calved down to PT, bull calf. Her last years calf off same bull in last photo.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img854/4742/photomar10175219.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img15/3526/photomar10175649.jpg
    She's a piedx cow.
    She's a perfect looking FRX cow that shoots out a handy calf that grows well by the looks of the photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

just do it wrote: »
    She's a perfect looking FRX cow that shoots out a handy calf that grows well by the looks of the photos.
    I've been trying to get a heifer off her for years but of course keep getting bulls

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Richk2012 wrote: »
    Last two pics are of 3 day old BBQ calf . Sprinting around the field like a greyhound this morning to keep warm :D

Keeping the BBQ flag flying here Richk :-)

bbqp.jpg

bbq1b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

bbq1b.jpg

Fine calf. What's that cow on the right like to calf? She looks like she would calf anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

pakalasa wrote: »
    Fine calf. What's that cow on the right like to calf? She looks like she would calf anything?

Well Pak. That's his mother, she needed help every year. She has had 3 calves. First was a LM heifer calf, needed the jack. Second was an EDJ heifer that I put a picture up last year of, again needed the jack and this year was her first bull and I had to use the jack. Every calf she had was big even though all bulls used were easy calving. She carried 304 days on year 1, 295 last year and 297 this year. Whatever is in her she just always carries longer than most cows and always has a big calf. Some might say this is a good thing but she needs watching and it doesn't suit me with work.

I am selling culling her in the back end because she is difficult around calving. Very nervous and not easy to handle. Plus, I don't need the hassle / stress when I am working full time.

Ha, you never know do ya? I was going on the shape of her hips. But if she's producing big calves then not much benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

3am up looking at a cow and was sitting down next to the range putting on my boots.

I look up and see this.
    Fook sake. I almost had a heart attack:(

kovuonpress.jpg

I am selling culling her in the back end because she is difficult around calving. Very nervous and not easy to handle. Plus, I don't need the hassle / stress when I am working full time.
    Think that's the right decision even if she's producing a good 'un.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Keeping the BBQ flag flying here Richk :-)

He looks a great calf .
    What blue bulls are you calving to this year or is it all bbq??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Marooned75

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    3am up looking at a cow and was sitting down next to the range putting on my boots.

I look up and see this.

kovuonpress.jpg

Hello mog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Marooned75

I look up and see this.

kovuonpress.jpg

Hello mog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I look up and see this.

kovuonpress.jpg

Them Trocaire boxes scare me too :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

The Trocaire box was the first thing I spotted too , at this stage there should be poor boxes in Africa to send over here when they're full :D

Bizzum wrote: »
    Them Trocaire boxes scare me too :-)

Good thing it's empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

wp000336x.jpg

Spotted this lad heading off to do a bit of spreading near knock Co.Clare. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Muckit wrote: »
    wp000336x.jpg

Spotted this lad heading off to do a bit of spreading near knock Co.Clare. :D

Wheres knock? :confused:

next to killimer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Wheres knock? :confused:

Where's Co. Clare:p:p

I may get me coat................:D

• Advertisement

On the coast, 2 miles on the Ennis side of Kilimer. Had to look it up on Google Earth myself.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

pakalasa wrote: »
    On the coast, 2 miles on the Ennis side of Kilimer. Had to look it up on Google Earth myself.:D

never heard of Knock either in Clare, is it on the Ennis side of the toll bridge or the far side:rolleyes:

never heard of Knock either in Clare, is it on the Ennis side of the toll bridge or the far side:rolleyes:

Never knew there was a knock in Co. Clare either until recently when heading from Ennis to Killimer to catch the ferry. It's only a little village right on the coast.

Spotted a few small dairy farmers near Killimer. Then saw the Kerry Co-op bulk tank coming off the ferry

Never knew there was a knock in Co. Clare either until recently when heading from Ennis to Killimer to catch the ferry. It's only a little village right on the coast.

Spotted a few small dairy farmers near Killimer. Then saw the Kerry Co-op bulk tank coming off the ferry
    Some great land there along the Shannon estuary particularly on the Clare side as it has a lot of it a good South facing slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

there would be a dozen loads or so of milk coming across on the ferry each day during milk season, heading for Kerry plant in Listowel. I hope they checked your passport on crossing the ferry before entering the Kingdom

just do it wrote: »
    Some great land there along the Shannon estuary particularly on the Clare side as it has a lot of it a good South facing slope.

South facing slope is right. I reckoned the cows must have hooks for hooves....fair steep!

But it seems to throw off the water and catch the sun and grows good grass

I hope they checked your passport on crossing the ferry before entering the Kingdom

Oh it was needed they said. Dick Mack, Muiris Dan and foxy John had great welcome for the man from Galway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

was scanned and was expecting a heifer so happy out

70CA982E_zpsa6637872.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Two new arrivals last week. The first one is one of my best cows. Calved at 24 months in 2009 and has a calving interval avg of 366 days since. I have her first three calves as cows now as well. Big pull for this one though cause she was too fed I think

245526.JPG

The second is a AA heifer out of Whelans bull PTJ. She was meant to be in calf to MLJ but she calved at 289 days and the calf does not look like his daddy could gave been an AA. Must have had a visitor.

245527.JPG

• Advertisement

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Two new arrivals last week. The first one is one of my best cows. Calved at 24 months in 2009 and has a calving interval avg of 366 days since. I have her first three calves as cows now as well. Big pull for this one though cause she was too fed I think

245526.JPG

[/IMG]

Was she british fr bred? The blackish nose used to be on ours after we got out of milking. Gave our best calves!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement