Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

god you would do anything for new clobber :D hopefully it will sort it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

shazkea wrote: »
    Cheers for that Anne, I appreciate it. Do you run off your HR?

I found this link on one of the threads last night and plugged in a few figures and voila Daniels gave me the figures for the zones. Alot of other info in it that I haven't a bogs of but that's homework for another night. It even gives me projected finishing times on weight changes :eek:...must give up that chocolate :rolleyes:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/215649/124575.xls

Don't tend to run off HR, but i try to keep an eye on it and know when i have run too hard

I like that link, will definitely use it for marathon training...this running slow lark is driving us all mad:rolleyes:...but will be worth it in the end...i hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Tues May 15th

W2D1: Easy Run - 3 miles

Yuck, it's like someone has just flipped an off switch for the last few runs. Legs were flat as a pancake and I did not enjoy this. Flipping wind and rain didn't help either :rolleyes:.
    Bloody HRM wouldn't connect either so can't even say that the run was worth that :mad:.

Distance: 3.04
    Time: 30:38
    Avg Pace: 10:05

You two fighting already, some relationship!! Nules said it wouldn't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hope the achilles settles down shaz!

After having various niggles lately, I've changed from Kayanos to Brooks Adrenalines. So far so good (I've probably just jinxed myself :rolleyes:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    god you would do anything for new clobber :D hopefully it will sort it for you

Sure I needed new runners to match the watch - shame they only came in blue ;)
    jcsmum wrote: »
    You two fighting already, some relationship!! Nules said it wouldn't last.

Ah it's alright now, we're the best of friends again!

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    Hope the achilles settles down shaz!

After having various niggles lately, I've changed from Kayanos to Brooks Adrenalines. So far so good (I've probably just jinxed myself :rolleyes:).

Thanks Ruby and good to hear the Adrenalines are doing the trick for you. Were the niggles the reason you changed from Kayano?

Thur May 17th

W2D3 - 5 Miles easy to replace yesterday's

According to Hal, step back week on midweek runs this week which means it was an easy one. Oh god I hate these easy ones, I just find them soooooo boring and I keep checking the watch to make sure I'm running slow.
    After 4 miles plodding, I'd had enough and decided the last mile would be strides/fartlek or whatever you want to call it - ran fast when I wanted and eased up when I wanted!! I loved it and it felt great to stretch the legs :). Surely a fun mile in an otherwise easy run will do no harm :confused:

Distance: 5.08
    Time: 52:22
    Avg Pace: 10:19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Are you in marathon training already???.
    One quick mile wont kill ya. Its very hard to keep running slow

Are you in marathon training already???.
    One quick mile wont kill ya. Its very hard to keep running slow

Yeah Dave my marathon is in Sept so I have to start now. Good answer on the quick mile :D

That's okay I was thinking I was miles behind have not even looked at a training plan yet. Which marathon are you doing?

• Advertisement

That's okay I was thinking I was miles behind have not even looked at a training plan yet. Which marathon are you doing?

Well I thought I'd pick a little known flat German one - think there's only about 40,000 doing it so it should be nice 'n quiet :)

40,000 is that all. You will be looking to come in the top ten so.:p:p:p

40,000 is that all. You will be looking to come in the top ten so.:p:p:p

:D well the course is known for world records so who knows :cool:. Although on the other hand I might "volunteer" to be one of the slower finishers. Otherwise all the German beer at the finish might be gone if I finished top 10...so thats my excuse for finishing slow :)

you're such a lovely considerate sportswoman person...we have to say person now don't we..not man or woman:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Ok am I the ONLY person that loves these slow runs and am I the only person that has no problems keeping them slow :confused::confused:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thanks Ruby and good to hear the Adrenalines are doing the trick for you. Were the niggles the reason you changed from Kayano?

Tempted to make that switch myself - Kayano 18 is not going to work for me (7 is too small and 7.5 is too big) and my last 17s are duds, so I need a new pair of something very soon. :eek:

Yep, I was getting niggles here there and everywhere :o so thought I may as well change and see if that makes the difference. Only got the Kayanos on the 15th Feb, so there's not much milage on them, I just felt they weren't doing me any favours.

Best of luck with Berlin training!

Tempted to make that switch myself - Kayano 18 is not going to work for me (7 is too small and 7.5 is too big) and my last 17s are duds, so I need a new pair of something very soon. :eek:

Im gutted I had to change as I liked the Kayanos and I only had 200 odd miles on them :(. I have noticed this morning that my achilles are a bit looser than usual first thing so that's a good sign. It was down to Asics 2170 and Brooks for me but colour for Asics was shocking (luiminous blue and pink with yellow laces :eek:). Hopefully these Brooks work out as I'm sick of changing. Why did Asics change something that worked...annoys me :mad:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

but colour for Asics was shocking (luiminous blue and pink with yellow laces :eek:)
    I already own a pair of luminous blue and gold Kayanos, I'd wear those :cool:

I already own a pair of luminous blue and gold Kayanos, I'd wear those :cool:

:eek::eek: I'm speechless :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Oooh Berlin - very exciting! Best of luck with the training, it sounds like it's all going well!

Week 2 done!

I'm in my "I hate running and everything to do with it" phase at the mo so I will give logging runs a miss for the next few weeks. Suffice to say week 2 marathon done and hated it :rolleyes:

Week 2 done!

I'm in my "I hate running and everything to do with it" phase at the mo so I will give logging runs a miss for the next few weeks. Suffice to say week 2 marathon done and hated it :rolleyes:

Sorry you are in that phase Shaz, hope its short lived...beautiful day for a run...maybe this going slow lark isn't helping matters...
    Chin up, it'll all be worth it in the end:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Younganne wrote: »
    Sorry you are in that phase Shaz, hope its short lived...beautiful day for a run...maybe this going slow lark isn't helping matters...
    Chin up, it'll all be worth it in the end:D

+1
    Maybe the (promised) sunshine will rekindle your joy of it...

Take it easy. See you around these parts soon, no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Shouldn't really thank your post if you're hating running at the minute but the 'I hate running' phase is always followed by the 'super running' phase:D Hope it comes soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Week 2 done!

And its only week 2 ;)
    If you don't log runs, how will I know when to cheer you on F.P.T.Y

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

I despise (spell?) running sometimes too Shaz but it just takes that one good one to get back in the zone. You definitely a million per cent need to do the LSR with a group on the wkd. The mid-week ones are managable on your own but all the better if you can rope someone in for at least one of them. Hope to see you this wkd for an LSR :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Ice Baths Shaz.;)

Chin up shaz, maybe take things easy for this week, leave the garmin at home, and just run by feel, forget the LSR this weekend, just do a few easy miles, and I bet next week you'll be back feeling the love. You've loads of time til Berlin, so don't be too hard on yourself :)

• Advertisement

I figured out what my problem is...I need to move to a warm climate :D. Loving running and biking in this weather. Mojo found so now I just have to follow the sunshine around...this marathon training could be costly :rolleyes:

Downside Achilles tightness has brought back my shinsplints problem...off to get em battered this eve!

Advertisement