Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Younganne wrote: »
    Shaz, i hope the sorness was just temporary and that you are fine again...if not...might need to take it easy for a few days and see how things are going....

Thanks Anne, I was sensible last night and gave the speed session with the club a miss. Instead some quality time with foam roller :eek:. Hoping for an easy few miles on the treaddie tonight to test the waters. If that goes well, LSR tomorrow...depending on the weather tho :)

Wed April 25th

Due to the adverse weather conditions I took to the gym for this...i.e. I was too much of a wuss to go out in that wind and rain :o. Anyhow a nice easy run on the treadie to test the leg. Happy out that it was fine when running but really tight afterwards when stretching so will keep up the TLC.
    I'll try the LSR tomorrow but must take it easy and stop to stretch during it.

All my race plans are out of the window as my work travel schedule for the next couple of months takes shape...not impressed and need to go to Plan Z at this stage to get some structure back into it :mad::mad:

Distance: 3.5
    Time: 35
    Avg Pace: 10:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Does this mean the pom poms are staying in the wardrobe too? (only thinking of myself of course).
    Seriously though that sucks if you wont be racing for a while. Hope your destinations are nice though and sunny.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Does this mean the pom poms are staying in the wardrobe too? (only thinking of myself of course).
    Seriously though that sucks if you wont be racing for a while. Hope your destinations are nice though and sunny.

Aye its looking that way, have to head to the US that w-end :mad:. On the other side, shopping here I come...need new pom poms anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

shazkea wrote: »
    Aye its looking that way, have to head to the US that w-end :mad:. On the other side, shopping here I come...need new pom poms anyway :)

Yes, mr slow was saying that the current ones looked a bit jaded ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭chinguetti

On the other side, shopping here I come :)

Ah do we send in our shopping lists on here or by pm?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Did someone say shopping???? :D Just putting the finishing touches to my list. I am sooo happy you are going to the states on this trip obviously for you sake of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Shaz I'm so jealous, I would love to be living out of a suitcase for the summer....i know if i really had to it would get boring after a while, but anyhow i don't think the cases will be getting a dusting down for quite some time:(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

chinguetti wrote: »

I hear Garmins are a lot cheaper in the US? You'll be able to put all sort of fancy links and stats on your training log :D

chinguetti wrote: »

No problem, all I need is a $1000 deposit and your credit card details up front :D
    Nules10 wrote: »
    Did someone say shopping???? :D Just putting the finishing touches to my list. I am sooo happy you are going to the states on this trip obviously for you sake of course ;)
    Do i not already have your list :)
    Shaz I'm so jealous, I would love to be living out of a suitcase for the summer....i know if i really had to it would get boring after a while, but anyhow i don't think the cases will be getting a dusting down for quite some time:(:mad:

You wanna swap :)
    pistol_75 wrote: »
    I hear Garmins are a lot cheaper in the US? You'll be able to put all sort of fancy links and stats on your training log :D

Ah P don't encourage him...I can't keep up with his log as it is, adding Garmin links and stats to it would just distract from all the great training tips I get from it :D

A new Garmin is on my shopping list tho :cool:

• Advertisement

Thur 26th April

LSR

Gutted with this run. Started off feeling great and was enjoying running in the wind & rain. But as soon as I hit the hills in the park, the wheels came off with that stabbing pain in the glute & hamstring. I stopped to try and stretch it out but only seemed to work for a mile or so :mad:. Smartened up and decided to pull up before it got worse. Better to have a couple of days out now rather than a few weeks for the sake of 1 long run. PT appointment already booked!
    Bummer :mad::mad:

Plan: 14
    Actual: 4.63
    Time: 46:02
    Pace: 09:57

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Thur 26th April

LSR

Gutted with this run. Started off feeling great and was enjoying running in the wind & rain. But as soon as I hit the hills in the park, the wheels came off with that stabbing pain in the glute & hamstring. I stopped to try and stretch it out but only seemed to work for a mile or so :mad:. Smartened up and decided to pull up before it got worse. Better to have a couple of days out now rather than a few weeks for the sake of 1 long run. PT appointment already booked!
    Bummer :mad::mad:

Plan: 14
    Actual: 4.63
    Time: 46:02
    Pace: 09:57

I had that pain in the ass a few weeks ago, 45 mins of torture and back to buns of steel :D Chin up boss

Ahhh flip :eek: hopefully a good massage will sort it out. Two other things 1. How come you are running in the park on a work day :D and 2. You have only got list number one for the states I am working on the next one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Ah no Shaz. Thats a bummer. Might just be a slight case of over training and the body telling you that it needs a nap. PT will def help
    I'll have an ipad please if you're making a list

Oh for god sake woman not again :(
    Fingers crossed its nothing serious. Will this affect your bag carrying ability? I too am working on my list(s)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hopefully, the physio will be able to loosen out the muscle shaz, and show you stretches that will also help, and you'll be back on track.

Hope this isn't straying too much towards "medical advice", but it sounds like what I had last Oct, and after a trip to the physio and two days rest I was sorted ;) Fingers crossed for you.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Oh for god sake woman not again :(
    Fingers crossed its nothing serious. Will this affect your bag carrying ability? I too am working on my list(s)!

Shaz i think you need to pick new friends....all they are worried about is your "bag carrying ability":eek:...and not you.:D:D

Shaz i think you need to pick new friends....all they are worried about is your "bag carrying ability":eek:...and not you.:D:D

Anne you are dead right, thank you for pointing that out - I was beginning to notice a trend alright :rolleyes:

Thank you to Mr Slow and Ruby for the nice supportive and helpful messages. Hopefully it will be sorted as quick as you say.
    Jcsmum, Nules and Ro...all I can say is that I will deal with you later :D

I didn't want to point out that it was more than just one comment that i noticed.........

Shaz, i'm free for a run anytime that suits you....if you're prepared to travel further up North to the Royal County!!!!!:D:D

I didn't want to point out that it was more than just one comment that i noticed.........

Shaz, i'm free for a run anytime that suits you....if you're prepared to travel further up North to the Royal County!!!!!:D:D

That's no problem Anne, I on a Clare passport so I can travel to Meath any time unlike the jackeens who need special passes for races :D

• Advertisement

That's no problem Anne, I on a Clare passport so I can travel to Meath any time unlike the jackeens who need special passes for races :D

Of course you mean Visa, only a select few get issued with the special Royal Visa;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Poor Shaz, I hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later for you. Sometimes the Running Gods just like to remind us who's in control.
    And I, like Anne, am a sympathetic poster who is NOT interested in your bag carrying skills:D (and anyway lululemon clothes don't weigh that much at all:))

Of course you mean Visa, only a select few get issued with the special Royal Visa;)

Jeez you're not that fussy with visa requirements then judging by the amount of Dubs living in Meath :pac:. Sure isn't Meath just a suburb of Dublin...
    (I'm on fire with my Leinster quips today...bazinga as Sheldon Cooper would say...easily known its Friday afternoon!!)

Marthastew wrote: »
    Poor Shaz, I hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later for you. Sometimes the Running Gods just like to remind us who's in control.
    And I, like Anne, am a sympathetic poster who is NOT interested in your bag carrying skills:D (and anyway lululemon clothes don't weigh that much at all:))

Ah thanks Martha, I'm truely grateful for your concern. What I'm not grateful for is pointing me in the direction of another sports label I have not heard of...credit card no likey you :D

Sorry Shaz, i've just changed my mind after googling lululemon....but as martha says they are small & light:D list is being compiled as we speak!!!!:D

as for Dubs living in Meath...don't know what you mean...i live in a lilttle rural setting with no blowins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Lululemon is VERY expensive but lasts forever,I live in my black hoodie and track bottoms all the time, very handy for the odd occasion when you need to dress down:D

Lululemon is VERY expensive but lasts forever,I live in my black hoodie and track bottoms all the time, very handy for the odd occasion when you need to dress down:D

+1 on lululemon. a New York pal introduced me to them when i was over shopping with her. Expensive yes but there stuff is fab. Are they the ones that give you a really cool bag to bring your new expensive clothes home in?:) On feck best get another page out now :D

Jeez you're not that fussy with visa requirements then judging by the amount of Dubs living in Meath :pac:. Sure isn't Meath just a suburb of Dublin...
    (I'm on fire with my Leinster quips today...bazinga as Sheldon Cooper would say...easily known its Friday afternoon!!)

Its ok shaz you can have mine i unfortunately get mine due to the mammy being a meath woman :rolleyes: But she makes great dinners so she is forgiven :D

Lululemon you say, must check it out.... Although running so early in the morning I can wear any old rubbish ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

fingers crossed you're ok Shaz :(

Advertisement