Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Oh dear Shaz, hope you're ok for tmrw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sat July 28th

Run - 10 miles

Met up with the boards crew in the park for this and a lovely run. Not going to complain about the shin coz I'm boring myself with it at this stage!

Sun July 29th

Cycle - An Post Meath Heritage Cycle

First time participating in a cycle event for me so I was looking forward to this. Said I would be sensible and try out the 50km route to get a feel for it as I've never cycled in a group before. Loved it - why wouldn't you when it is perfectly acceptable to stop after a climb up to the hill of tara for a cup of coffee and a muffin :D
    Great organisation and I have already picked out the next sportive. Cleats are brilliant, so glad I swapped over. Oh and my new comfy saddle is the the biz :)

50km (54km on garmin!) - 2:01 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well done, great weekends activity!!

Mon July 30th

Run - Recovery 3 miles

Recovery 3 miles on grass this evening. Ouch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Ah no shaz :( Are you still seeing the physio? Hope you get this cleared up. At least you can still get out on the bike, that'll keep you going! Great stuff on Sunday, and your first cycle event :)

Mind yourself.

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    Ah no shaz :( Are you still seeing the physio? Hope you get this cleared up. At least you can still get out on the bike, that'll keep you going! Great stuff on Sunday, and your first cycle event :)

Mind yourself.

Thanks Ruby. KO for another few weeks so will now be moving over to the cycling forum for a while :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

shazkea wrote: »
    Thanks Ruby. KO for another few weeks so will now be moving over to the cycling forum for a while :).

Sorry to hear that. Hope to see you back here soon :)

Ah Shaz, sorry to hear that, mind yourself and keep the fitness going with the bike and hopefully you be back to running real soon!

So time to close this log as I am one of the people moving over to the dark side :cool:.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support on this log over the past few years.

Just to note though I will still be lurking on this forum so you won't get rid of me that easy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

So long Shaz :( Hope the injury clears up soon but in the meantime give it socks with the swimming and cycling !

don't be a stranger :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

So time to close this log as I am one of the people moving over to the dark side :cool:.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support on this log over the past few years.

Just to note though I will still be lurking on this forum so you won't get rid of me that easy ;)

NNNooooooo.............. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Oh no Shaz- will miss your wicked SOH. Good luck with the cycling and the log over there!

Ah shaz don't close the long, i don't visit the dark side :eek: and i want to be able to keep up with you...you'll be back running in a couple of weeks......

Younganne wrote: »
    Ah shaz don't close the long, i don't visit the dark side :eek: and i want to be able to keep up with you...you'll be back running in a couple of weeks......

Jeez woman it'll be hard enough trying to get 3 disciplines going and now you expect me to keep 2 logs :rolleyes:. Sure ye pure runners have no interest in the bicycle and drowning swimming exploits

Jeez woman it'll be hard enough trying to get 3 disciplines going and now you expect me to keep 2 logs :rolleyes:. Sure ye pure runners have no interest in the bicycle and drowning swimming exploits

thats not true...i'm going to pick a bike today after physio, finally decide to use the bike to work scheme (althought its a bit far for me to cycle to work)...any advice on what to look for.....but i can't swim much so i won't be going any further into the dark side.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

thats not true...i'm going to pick a bike today after physio, finally decide to use the bike to work scheme (althought its a bit far for me to cycle to work)...any advice on what to look for.....but i can't swim much so i won't be going any further into the dark side.....:eek:

LOL- my bro in law has a bike in his shed that needs something (to do with the chain) and new tyres but its a good bike, but he said I could have it, so was going to take it when we get back from hols and get it fixed.
    Maybe Shaz is better going over there look what she's doing on us!

Have a read of this thread: Beginner needs advice on cycling forum. Lots of great info over there. I agree with what they say in that spend as much as possible on the bike and bike accessories and get the clothes online (i.e. padded shorts!). Make sure to get a comfy woman's saddle thrown in!
    Personally I went for the Ridley Triton and no complaints so far. Text me if you need any more info. You won't regret getting one :). I'll leave you alone on the swimming for now...

madon wrote: »
    LOL- my bro in law has a bike in his shed that needs something (to do with the chain) and new tyres but its a good bike, but he said I could have it, so was going to take it when we get back from hols and get it fixed.
    Maybe Shaz is better going over there look what she's doing on us!

:cool:...I'm loving this trend

Have a read of this thread: Beginner needs advice on cycling forum. Lots of great info over there. I agree with what they say in that spend as much as possible on the bike and bike accessories and get the clothes online (i.e. padded shorts!). Make sure to get a comfy woman's saddle thrown in!
    Personally I went for the Ridley Triton and no complaints so far. Text me if you need any more info. You won't regret getting one :). I'll leave you alone on the swimming for now...

Don't tell anyone else but i had planned on going back to lessons in the winter, gave up when expecting no3 as couldn't handle the smells of the pool and just haven't managed to get back yet!!!

Thanks Shaz, i'll give that a read...i hear cycling is great for fat burning and running isn't doing that anymore for me(of course thisis nothing to do with crap diet atm);), so I'll have to start the bit of cycling, and theres a dualathon in local football club in oct/nov, i said i'd do it:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Nice bike Shaz!!

I'm loving how your bringing more and more people over to our side :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah Shaz, don't go. There's less and less logs that i can type stuff on these days:p

Mind how you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Come backkkkkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Aw :( Best of luck - I'll be keeping an eye on the bicycle and drowning/swimming progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Does this mean you wont be keeping us pacers company in Portlaoise? :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jeez. Everyone copies me. :pac:

Advertisement