Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sun April 29th

Test run earlier to see if doing the Samsung 10km tonight would be a good idea. Unfortunately pain is still there so am taking the sensible decision not to run it. It wasn't a target race (pause to roar on Healy over the line...) so I need to keep my eyes on the overall goals.
    PT tomorrow eve so hopefully it will be sorted out and I'm back to normal next week.

Distance: 4.02
    Duration: 41:37
    Pace: 10:21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

'Twas all that dancing Friday night!

Seriously though hope you'll be ok.

jcsmum wrote: »

That def didn't help...some great moves though :D. It was all in aid of your taper madness anyway :p

shazkea wrote: »

That def didn't help...some great moves though :D. It was all in aid of your taper madness anyway :p

I'll be sure to remember that when I come hobbling in, in 7 hours.... But it was well worth it.
    Remind me again, where were the great moves at?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

I'll be sure to remember that when I come hobbling in, in 7 hours.... But it was well worth it.
    Remind me again, where were the great moves at?

As I heard it they were on the stage you had created for yourself K.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Sun April 29th

Test run earlier to see if doing the Samsung 10km tonight would be a good idea. Unfortunately pain is still there so am taking the sensible decision not to run it. It wasn't a target race (pause to roar on Healy over the line...) so I need to keep my eyes on the overall goals.
    PT tomorrow eve so hopefully it will be sorted out and I'm back to normal next week.

Distance: 4.02
    Duration: 41:37
    Pace: 10:21

Can I take the same excuse as I look out the window at the wind and rain?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Can I take the same excuse as I look out the window at the wind and rain?

I can see Shaz from my house...sitting on the couch in the fluorescent Samsung top watchin tv

Best of luck Pistol and Ro, awful conditions out for it. I will be thinking of you as I cheer you on from the couch :D

K, after you had the good sense to go home, we hit (and cleared...) the dance floor :rolleyes:. Those flaming mojitos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Best of luck Pistol and Ro, awful conditions out for it. I will be thinking of you as I cheer you on from the couch :D

K, after you had the good sense to go home, we hit (and cleared...) the dance floor :rolleyes:. Those flaming mojitos :D
    What's this WE cleared the dance floor. I have you know i have the moves of JLO :D:DOr rather i thought i did :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Sounds like a gud night was had my all:D

Shaz hope you get sorted tomorrow evening!

• Advertisement

Nules10 wrote: »
    What's this WE cleared the dance floor. I have you know i have the moves of JLO :D:DOr rather i thought i did :o

Ah Nules get with the program...it was because we were sooooo good that we cleared the floor...wasn't it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Best of luck with the recovery Shaz.
    It was a shocker of an evening to be going running, but hey... next time I'm sure the weather gods will be kinder. I'd definitely say this will become a regular event in the calendar, given the turnout!

Ah Nules get with the program...it was because we were sooooo good that we cleared the floor...wasn't it :(

Ahh sorry a tad slow :D

Emer911 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the recovery Shaz.
    It was a shocker of an evening to be going running, but hey... next time I'm sure the weather gods will be kinder. I'd definitely say this will become a regular event in the calendar, given the turnout!

Yeah it's a good idea for a race, shame the weather didn't play ball. But then again we should be used to it by now with the last few weeks :rolleyes:. Time for me to depart to a sunnier climate methinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Time for me to depart to a sunnier climate methinks :)

That's just cruel:D

Marthastew wrote: »
    That's just cruel:D

30+ Degrees forecast for my destination next week...nice :). Although I'm sure I'll complain about running in that heat :rolleyes:

30+ Degrees forecast for my destination next week...nice :). Although I'm sure I'll complain about running in that heat :rolleyes:

Yip. I'd be a pool of melted marshmallow on the ground... Anything over 25c and I'm useless :rolleyes:
    Best of luck :cool:

Mon April 30th

Battering from PT...ouch :eek:

Tues May 1st

A sad day in shazkea's running life, I chose ironing over a run :(:o...bit of a running meltdown to be honest. I was sore and bruised from PT and was generally feeling sorry for myself. So when I saw the rain I stayed in, sat on 3 ice-packs and when I had thawed out, I did the ironing.

Wed May 2nd

Disgusted over the ironing debacle I headed out for a few easy miles this evening. Apart from soreness from the bruises, legs/glutes felt fine which is a good sign. I kept to a flat route though so as not to aggrevate anything. All is right in the world again :D...apart from stupid garmin. Battery only lasting about 30 mins now so I can't wait to get my hands on a new one in States next week.

Distance: 3.03
    Time: 28:15
    Avg Pace: 09:19

Sure running clothes don't need any ironing ;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sure running clothes don't need any ironing ;)

And for that we are thankful :eek:

• Advertisement

Things are looking up Shaz. Yippee:)

Good to see you are back at it shaz. you should have told me you were ironing i could have dropped mine down :D

Ironing? What's that then? :rolleyes:

Thur May 3rd

Fab evening for a run so I was looking forward to getting out there. Decided not to pay attention to garmin and run by feel. Legs felt good so I was really enjoying it but at about mile 4 though I got that distinctive twinge in the glute again :mad:. So I slowed to crawl and headed back to the car park. Stretched the hell out of it so hoping its just a minor twinge and it'll be fine tomorrow. Will be taking it nice and easy till its 100%.

Distance: 4.50
    Time: 43:02
    Avg Pace: 09:33

:eek: oh no. Hopefully its just still tender from the massage. Sometimes that tender area can take a while to get back to normal. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Where in the States will you be? :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Where in the States will you be? :)

The Sunshine State :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭RubyK

Enjoy the sunshine and heat shaz! Lucky thing ;)

RubyK wrote: »
    Enjoy the sunshine and heat shaz! Lucky thing ;)

Thanks Ruby...hoping work won't get in the way too much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Thanks Ruby...hoping work won't get in the way too much ;)

The way it does on a Friday morning when all you want to is read Boards and post on logs… ;)

Advertisement