Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    Xinkai wrote: »
    Man what fantastic news!!! There should be a list set up by a mod so we can get the names & number of guests gonna go to the Dublin meet.
    Also I now have a friend coming with, so theres 2 in anyways. Will get more also.
    I think maybe if we keep phone numbers by PM just to be safe. If Gimmick is heading up the best idea would be for him to get all the numbers. If he isn't I'll do it as ye'll probably have to get into contact with me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Charisteas wrote: »
    This is Awesome :pac:

*Clap Clap Clap-Clap-Clap!*

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    great work! I'm definitely up for it as long as it's not too expensive. Sure would end up spending nearly 50euro anyway at home between the price of the show, drink and food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Jaysus, this thread picked up steam a lot more than I expected at first. Fair play to ya, Diabhal. Already have 2 trips to Dublin on the schedule the 2 weekends before Mania, so depending on the funds left over this may be hit. Watching Mania with some of you fine folk sounds more appealing than cursing and searching around for a working stream.

Lads can ye all send an email to Peadar Kearneys asking if they'll show Wrestlemania. If they see demand they'll definitely show it.

Just go here and fill it in: http://peadarkearneys.com/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    Lads can ye all send an email to Peadar Kearneys asking if they'll show Wrestlemania. If they see demand they'll definitely show it.

Done :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sure. Just sent this in, will post the reply when they get back to me.
    Hi there, I was wondering if you would consider hosting a sports-viewing in your bar? We have a large group of people looking to watch WrestleMania, (1am-4am April 4th, Sky Box Office) and were looking for a bar or hotel to watch; and your bar was recommended to us. Could you get back to me with provisional costs, availability etc?

Thanks, James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Title updated. Fair play to DB for getting it this far. I hope it actually happens now. I will not be attending unfortunately. Just back from a super expensive week in DC, and cannot justify the day off.

Thanks jaykhunter and Christeas!!
    gimmick wrote: »
    Title updated. Fair play to DB for getting it this far. I hope it actually happens now. I will not be attending unfortunately. Just back from a super expensive week in DC, and cannot justify the day off.
    Cheers gimmick and I understand.

So what we might do nearer the time is that whoever wants to attend can send me their number by PM and on the afternoon beforehand I'll text ye all the plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

well done it getting this off the ground. good news. you must be happy too have done this for fellow wrestling friends on boards. well done on a good job. its somthing you can be proud of.

Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I would get a deposit off people for this as well DB. You will prob have to pay the hotel for the buying of the PPV. I think the public rates are higher. You do not want to get caught short changed.

cena wrote: »
    well done it getting this off the ground. good news. you must be happy too have done this for fellow wrestling friends on boards. well done on a good job. its somthing you can be proud of.

Well done.
    Cheers Cena. I was a bit annoyed we couldn't have the one before Christmas and I know these have been set-up before but haven't gone through. Hopefully we can get a good deal for a great night out and maybe get the meet-ups to be a more regular thing.

done as well.

was just going to mention what gimmick said there - people should definitely pay something substantial upfront for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Fair play lads it's a good idea, sounds like good craic and hopefully it works out. Don't think I'd make it myself but maybe next year if all goes well this year!

gimmick wrote: »
    I would get a deposit off people for this as well DB. You will prob have to pay the hotel for the buying of the PPV. I think the public rates are higher. You do not want to get caught short changed.
    That's a very good idea should we not get Peadar Kearneys. I think we got a fairly reasonable offer from the Dublin Citi hotel but Kearneys would be better as regards for just paying for an entrance fee to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

I'D go if it was in athlone of nearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Going Alone
    Sent a yoke into Peadar Kearneys there lads to help ye out. I'm unlikely to be able to have a late night of a Sunday in April I've a very busy month, but fair play to ye for proving me wrong and getting this up and running.:)

not sure if this was posted but here is their advertisement on facebook for the Super Bowl party - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126594694075125

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

Going Alone
    Sent to P. K.

I was wondering if you would consider hosting WrestleMania, 12am-4am Sunday April 4th, Sky Box Office in your bar? We have heard of such events in past taken place like the SuperBowl. We have a group of people thinking about gathering together for the event. Could you get back to me with details in your time.

Got a phonecall from one of the guys from Peadar Kearneys. He was very nice and was asking was there a big demand. He's going to find out from Sky tomorrow about the costs for screening it but he said that he's shown boxing PPVs before and it cost the pub 900 to screen :eek: The deal is that it would probably be an all ticket deal which is extremely fair. He said he'd hold some tickets for me so if we get the go-ahead I'll take all the Boardsies from outside Dublin and reserve tickets for them if I get a deposit or something like that.

In summary of the whole thing so far: It's going ahead, seeing what the best deal is for us Boardsies and we've a few more replies to come. Progressing really well so far.

Stick me down for two ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Maybe Going
    2 words... LIVE PODCAST:pac:

My God yes. Pretty sure Seán is going too and hopefully Volt. Mr Walter I'm meeting you for a pre-MANIA pint along with anybody who's in Dublin early in the evening to discuss Cannings, tractors and Miz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Looks like The Saw Doctors are playing on the Saturday in the Olympia if any culchies need more of a reason to travel and make a whole weekend of it :pac:

My God yes. Pretty sure Seán is going too and hopefully Volt. Mr Walter I'm meeting you for a pre-MANIA pint along with anybody who's in Dublin early in the evening to discuss Cannings, tractors and Miz.

Any of us(from outside dub) that's planning on booking into a hotel for that night will be around too. :)

CMpunked wrote: »
    Any of us(from outside dub) that's planning on booking into a hotel for that night will be around too. :)
    CMpunked I'll need your help on something if you're willing. On the collection side regarding money if we need to pay a deposit (if it comes to that case) could I trust you to gather all the people's money? Its a big ask and if its too much bother that's fine. Just I don't know if I can transfer money from a paypal account to a bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really hope this goes ahead and to plan now cause id deffo be interested if its not gonna cost me an arm and a leg :)

Be nice to finally meet some people off this boards lark as well!! I do doubt yous all are real at times :pac: haha

Really hope this goes ahead and to plan now cause id deffo be interested if its not gonna cost me an arm and a leg :)

Be nice to finally meet some people off this boards lark as well!! I do doubt yous all are real at times :pac: haha
    This robot is catching on too fast for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So where is this Peadar Kearneys place never actually heard of it??

What has them being able open so late on Sundays?

CMpunked I'll need your help on something if you're willing. On the collection side regarding money if we need to pay a deposit (if it comes to that case) could I trust you to gather all the people's money? Its a big ask and if its too much bother that's fine. Just I don't know if I can transfer money from a paypal account to a bank account.
    Well if i was handling that end of it, it would more than likely be a paypal account.
    What has them being able open so late on Sundays?

I think because its a private function, as such, and that they arent actually selling the drink after the licence allows them, its that it was pre-bought and then served after the law allows.