Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    Ah cool, I'll have to see if I can get up to Dublin for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    Does anyone have an email address for the woolshed? Couldn't find it on the website because I'm thinking if me and the 7 or so of my mates who watch it every year get emailing and people on here do the same it might give them something to think about.

I sent an e-mail to them at info@woolshedbaa.com

I e-mailed them Sunday afternoon at about 1pm, no reply yet though. But like I said earlier, the more people that flood their Inbox, the better our chances will be.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Close to the Olympia?

30 seconds away mate! You got the Olympia, then Abrakababra, then Peadar Kearneys (with maybe a couple of other shops in-between).

I come bearing good news folks:

Dublin Citi Hotel

There ya go.

That's great news, good work man. Is that the Dublin Citi Hotel on Dame Street/Temple Bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ah cool, I'll have to see if I can get up to Dublin for this
    Gettin a bus meself so if we get a good few going from all over the country we can all split the costs of rooms to cheapen the cost (tough times lads etc). Have a football match that night so I'll get a bus back to Galway early on the Monday.

Charisteas wrote: »
    That's great news, good work man. Is that the Dublin Citi Hotel on Dame Street/Temple Bar?
    Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Holy crap. I missed one day and things are already looking like we'll get it going! Awesome! :D

.....Also, Losty - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    So is this really happening ya????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Well done to ye for getting this idea going.

I won't lie, I have no idea if I would go or not - I wouldn't be able to say until I hear details of exactly what is planned. I know that is not helpful!

So is this really happening ya????
    Sure is. Just trying to get the best possible deal so we won't get ripped off.
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    Well done to ye for getting this idea going.

I won't lie, I have no idea if I would go or not - I wouldn't be able to say until I hear details of exactly what is planned. I know that is not helpful!
    Thanks. I know what ya mean. I wasn't too keen on the idea of going to a house. We will definitely have something hammered out within the next week and a bit. Nobody is being forced to come or anything but I do think you'll be missing out if you don't IMO.

And an important note guys. Brings as much people as you can. The higher the number, the less we all have to pay if we end up getting charged for rooms or whatever. If we're all drinking (the majority are) the safe bet is to get a few people to chip in for each room.

Deadly!! lol ive never been able watch a ppv with someone before so this be class love watching things with actual fans least dont have to explain everything then lol.

Deadly!! lol ive never been able watch a ppv with someone before so this be class love watching things with actual fans least dont have to explain everything then lol.
    I'm in the same boat. I'm the only person I know who likes wrestling in my group. T'will be good craic anyways especially due to the fact we will either be near a bar or in a bar watching.

• Advertisement

I know two fellas i could maybe get to come depends if there in work next morning but id deffo be up for this.

What is looking the easyest way to do it so far?

I know two fellas i could maybe get to come depends if there in work next morning but id deffo be up for this.

What is looking the easyest way to do it so far?

As in what? Having the meet-up?

As in what? Having the meet-up?

Ya like what are the options i kinda looked threw the thread but didnt see anything confirmed.

Ya like what are the options i kinda looked threw the thread but didnt see anything confirmed.
    We've started off well. We have one offer where if we get a good lot of people to stay the night in the hotel, not only will they screen the PPV, but they'll show it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

Going Alone
    fair play to all involved, v impressed with the dedication :D been following this all weekend and seems like a good idea.. late night wrestling along with beer, whats wrong with that??:) like others id have to see the exact plan, myself and my housemates were gonna order it but if this happens this could be a laugh (would also eliminate the chance the falling asleep-missed half the rumble) and reckon i could get 2 more to join.. only prob is work at 9 mon morning!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: keep up the good work

Is WM on at 1am-5am, or midnight until 4am? Bear in mind the clocks go back on March 27.

I have to be in work at 8am on the following Monday, so gonna have to pull an all-nighter for this!

How does sky box office work for Pubs/Hotels.

Would be some sickener if they a place is picked and they messed up the order!

messi1985 wrote: »
    fair play to all involved, v impressed with the dedication :D been following this all weekend and seems like a good idea.. late night wrestling along with beer, whats wrong with that??:) like others id have to see the exact plan, myself and my housemates were gonna order it but if this happens this could be a laugh (would also eliminate the chance the falling asleep-missed half the rumble) and reckon i could get 2 more to join.. only prob is work at 9 mon morning!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: keep up the good work
    Well what people have to remember is that we only properly sent out emails in the last 24 hours so we should wait and see what other places like the Woolshed and Peader Kearneys say about it. If not we have a venue in Temple Bar.

We've started off well. We have one offer where if we get a good lot of people to stay the night in the hotel, not only will they screen the PPV, but they'll show it for free.
    Class what kinda numbers are we talking though like how many did they say?

What do you reckon is the minimum amount of rooms we as a group would need to book for Dublin Citi Hotel to give a 100% yes answer?

• Advertisement

Is WM on at 1am-5am, or midnight until 4am? Bear in mind the clocks go back on March 27.

I have to be in work at 8am on the following Monday, so gonna have to pull an all-nighter for this!
    Last year was 12-4am
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    How does sky box office work for Pubs/Hotels.

Would be some sickener if they a place is picked and they messed up the order!
    Don't think that will be a problem. I think these guys pay a fee to screen the PPV ( 200 euro apparentley or 21.50 if they do it illegally ;) )

Going Alone
    just checked there, in citi hotel only something like 13 rooms left including single and twin for that nite if thats anything to go by

Class what kinda numbers are we talking though like how many did they say?
    They didn't say specifically but hopefully if we get maybe 15 people staying the night in the hotel we should be sound. I'll find out for definite though.
    What do you reckon is the minimum amount of rooms we as a group would need to book for Dublin Citi Hotel to give a 100% yes answer?

Here's the specific email
    Hi John,

Many thanks for your email. We would be delighted to host the screening of this boxing match for you. We are the ideal venue here at Citi Bar for events such as this & we are a big sporting venue too. In regards to the night, depending on the amount of people you book into the hotel, I will screen the match free of charge for you. It will be necessary for you to book an overnight anyway.. how many guests do you think may attend? If you can let me know figures, I can put together a package for you & you will all have a great night! We have 27 bedroom here so there is ample room for lots of guests.

I look forward to hearing from you & thanks again,

From Peader Kearneys
    Hi John,

Thank you for considering us as a venue to watch Wrestlemania. The Superbowl was a great success and another night like that would be brilliant. We need to look into a few things first but it shouldn't be a problem.

We will be in touch asap.

Kind Regards

Jackie

Ahh i see how many are actually living outside of dublin though cause i dont live to far from town so wouldnt be worth stayin.

From Peader Kearneys

This is Awesome :pac:

If I am going I would probably bring the wife to dublin for the day on the sunday and stay over in a decent hotel, with that in mind dame street - Peader Kearney's sounds great.

Going Alone
    on the ball guys, fair play.. Its on like Donkey Kong

And I quote............................................. :D

From the Riverside Hotel
    Hello John Concannon,

I have passed your email onto the Bar manager. I'll let you know when he contacts me regarding whether the bar can host a group for watching the wrestling. The bar opens at 17:00 pm and closes at 03:00am and bands play there every night, however he might make an allowance for your group.

We would be happy to offer you accomadation in our hotel.

Our rates for the 4th of April are as follows:

Single Room: Eur.40.00
    Double/Twin Room: Eur.60.00
    Triple Room: Eur.70.00

If it is a large group we can offer you a special group rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Man what fantastic news!!! There should be a list set up by a mod so we can get the names & number of guests gonna go to the Dublin meet.
    Also I now have a friend coming with, so theres 2 in anyways. Will get more also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement