Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    Losty Dublin stop trolling. We know your stance but we don't accept your opinions as the last word. Its a full 4 weeks away. That's enough time if you ask me to sort something out.

Yes it is a runner at this early stage.

cena wrote: »
    Has anyone rang any hotels too see what they have too say.
    Not yet. This is the kind of thing where we all need to do a bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Nice to see the PW S.E.S is out in force in the poll:pac::pac:

I'd love the idea of a PW meet up but it'd have to be in Cork for me if I were to go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Not yet. This is the kind of thing where we all need to do a bit of work.

Why not e-mail a hotel or 2. While you online.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

A hotel is permitted to serve residents after hours so you were allowed to use that facility. I've done the same in hotel bars where I was invited in for late pints but you can't just stroll in :)

No matter where its in, i'll be staying in a hotel for that night.
    And im sure if there are more coming from around the country, that would be the best option for them too im sure.

This could actually happen at last guys. :D:D

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    No matter where its in, i'll be staying in a hotel for that night.
    And im sure if there are more coming from around the country, that would be the best option for them too im sure.

This could actually happen at last guys. :D:D
    I'd be defo staying in a hotel if we get our way. Probably good idea to share rooms for cost saving measures (also no homo).
    cena wrote: »
    Why not e-mail a hotel or 2. While you online.
    That's just what I've been doing the last 10 minutes. I shall update ye when I get responses.

My standard message is:
    Hello,
    My name is John and a big group of us were wondering if you would be able to accommodate us in our request. We would like to watch a wrestling pay-per-view on Sky Box Office in your bar if possible. It would be on from 12am until 4am. We would all be willing to pay for the pay-per-view and pay for rooms for that night.

Thanks,
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

If i was going to Mania id be up for it

goodluck hope ya get it sorted :)

Cheers. Have a nice time.

If anybody is bored and is thinking of attending there's a few hotels I haven't tried yet. I have a link to 3 star hotels (sure they'd be keen on business these days) that would be all in the Dublin area.

http://www.dublinhotels.com/3star-dublin-hotels.html

If you could send a few mannerly emails that would be great. I don't have much on this week so I'll do my best to get something sorted out.

Divil, throw up a list of hotels youve already emailed.

Also might not be any harm to actually link this thread to say that this is where the idea has been spawned from.

Divil, throw up a list of hotels youve already emailed.

Also might not be any harm to actually link this thread to say that this is where the idea has been spawned from.

Dublin Citi Hotel
    Jurys Inn Dublin Hotels, Christchurch, Dublin
    Portobello Hotel
    Bewley’s Hotel Ballsbridge
    O'Callaghan Hotels Dublin

Those are what I have 'mailed so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Losty Dublin stop trolling. We know your stance but we don't accept your opinions as the last word. Its a full 4 weeks away. That's enough time if you ask me to sort something out.

Yes it is a runner at this early stage.

All I am stating here is what the law regards pubs is, and the long and short is that you can't go beyond certain hours. Don't accept it if you don't want to but I'll watch it at home in comfort :D:p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jesus, Losty! We heard you two pages ago; You've said your piece many times, if you've no interest in it then leave the thread.

Just because you work(ed) in a pub doesn't mean you know the practicalities of every pub and hotel in Ireland. Either way this meet-up turns out, your continued haranguing isn't constructive, or welcomed.

(I don't mean to sound annoyed or harsh, but c'mon, give it a rest man!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Have to say, fair f**ks to ye for trying to make this happen:)

Would really love this to go ahead. All depends on the hotels really because I can't see somebody offering to let us watch it in their house (which if they did would be ****ing fantastic and I'd legit pay for the PPV and bring drinks over).

Feck though we'll keep going until Losty invites us to his gaff :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

You could always give the whoolshed a buzz aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What about the Green Isle at Newlands Cross? They're hosting a DCW event tonight iirc so they might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    All I am stating here is what the law regards pubs is, and the long and short is that you can't go beyond certain hours. Don't accept it if you don't want to but I'll watch it at home in comfort :D:p

Yeah cause those two words go hand in hand :rolleyes:

Anyway I dropped an e-mail to The Woolshed as I only live 2 minutes away from it, but wouldn't hurt if other people also wanna send them a mail.

Might also send e-mails to the same places as Diabhal Beag. 'The damn numbers game' as they say on commentary, might increase our odds.

super-rush wrote: »
    What about the Green Isle at Newlands Cross? They're hosting a DCW event tonight iirc so they might be worth a shot.
    I'll add it to the list. Cheers SR
    Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah cause those two words go hand in hand :rolleyes:

Anyway I dropped an e-mail to The Woolshed as I only live 2 minutes away from it, but wouldn't hurt if other people also wanna send them a mail.

Might also send e-mails to the same places as Diabhal Beag. 'The damn numbers game' as they say on commentary, might increase our odds.
    Cheers Charisteas. That's a good idea and it will show them there's a demand.

Legit if a pub or somewhere had a Wrestlemania party they'd make a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Ye can all come to mine. Tenner a head ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    We might have a 'Wrestlemania 2' situation on our hands here.

• Advertisement

glenjamin wrote: »
    Ye can all come to mine. Tenner a head ;)
    I'd happily pay and bring beers or whatever if its a serious offer glenjamin. Call it alcohol catering if you will :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

All I'd ask is people contribute to buying it which wouldn't be that much. I'm all the way over in Wicklow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I would definitely be up for it,even it means having to make a trip to Dublin from Galway

glenjamin wrote: »
    All I'd ask is people contribute to buying it which wouldn't be that much. I'm all the way over in Wicklow though.
    We'll defo keep your kind offer in mind but I think we should see what we can get in Dublin. Thanks again.
    El_Drago wrote: »
    I would definitely be up for it,even it means having to make a trip to Dublin from Galway
    You and me both fellow Galway Boardsie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I'd put money on the Woolshed saying no, I know plenty working there & they would not think this is worth it.
    I've asked the powers that be in Cineworld before & it wasnt shot down, but anything shown from midnight is a real pain as they need security & staff to stay on. The midnight Twilight showing was a financial failure. I'm owed favours so I'll test the water for ye, they are able to do live streams so I'll see what they say.

Charisteas wrote: »

Thats why i suggested giving them a link to this thread. They could plainly see that they would have a good number that would be interested.

I'd put money on the Woolshed saying no, I know plenty working there & they would not think this is worth it.
    I've asked the powers that be in Cineworld before & it wasnt shot down, but anything shown from midnight is a real pain as they need security & staff to stay on. The midnight Twilight showing was a financial failure. I'm owed favours so I'll test the water for ye, they are able to do live streams so I'll see what they say.
    Thanks a million for trying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Best of luck with this lads. I've always wanted to have a wrestlemania party and luckily to my surprise there's a bar here (Newcastle) holding a Wrestlemania night.

They had it for the Superbowl as well and went all out with cheerleaders and food deals as well as lots of free stuff so hopefully the Wrestlemania night will be the same.

Best of luck with this lads. I've always wanted to have a wrestlemania party and luckily to my surprise there's a bar here (Newcastle) holding a Wrestlemania night.

Newcastle, up north.
    Or Newcastle in england?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Newcastle, up north.
    Or Newcastle in england?

Newcastle in England. Sorry I should have clarified. Flights from Dublin are cheap enough actually. Wouldn't even need to book a hotel if ya left on the first flight the next morning :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement