Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What about watching it Monday evening, say 7-8pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Going Alone
    Newcastle in England. Sorry I should have clarified. Flights from Dublin are cheap enough actually. Wouldn't even need to book a hotel if ya left on the first flight the next morning :)

Probably be cheaper than getting the train to Dublin + a hotel tbh and realistically the best chance of seeing the event in a pub I'd imagine.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

I'll actually come out and say this. I could pretty much guarantee that this would happen - if people came down to the South West. Easy and cheap accomodation included - not within walking distance - within falling distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    What about watching it Monday evening, say 7-8pm?
    Would that not take away from the laugh of watching it live?
    Id actually say theres more of a chance of having a few dozen book into a hotel to watch it live on a sunday night and have the crack as opposed to getting a few to watch it in a pub in the evening of the monday.
    Newcastle in England. Sorry I should have clarified. Flights from Dublin are cheap enough actually. Wouldn't even need to book a hotel if ya left on the first flight the next morning :)
    Not a bad idea. :pac:
    Degag wrote: »
    I'll actually come out and say this. I could pretty much guarantee that this would happen - if people came down to the South West. Easy and cheap accomodation included - not within walking distance - within falling distance!
    Have you got a place in mind?

Nice to see the PW S.E.S is out in force in the poll:pac::pac:

SES Represent!!
    Youd never know D2D, through the poll we could recruit a few more followers. :pac:

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »

Have you got a place in mind?
    Yep, Numbers dependant though really.

Degag wrote: »
    Yep, Numbers dependant though really.

Is it your place? :pac:

Is it your place? :pac:
    Nope:) But i know the situation - if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭brick tamland

There is a pub on Dame st in Dublin that for The Superbowl opened up as kind of a private bar. I think as they didnt have a licence they charged 50 in and that included all your drink and some food. I wasnt there but beilive it was decent.

I cant remember the name of the place but it’s the pub with the irish name near the olympia. Have a look in the American football forum and you should see more about it. It would be the 1st place I would ask

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sounds like you are talking about Peader Kearneys. Nice place - its where we had the boards xmas comedy beers last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Sounds like you are talking about Peader Kearneys. Nice place - its where we had the boards xmas comedy beers last year!

Yep thats the place

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    Does anyone have an email address for the woolshed? Couldn't find it on the website because I'm thinking if me and the 7 or so of my mates who watch it every year get emailing and people on here do the same it might give them something to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

+1

i'll email them too to put to keep the pressure on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Does anyone have an email address for the woolshed? Couldn't find it on the website because I'm thinking if me and the 7 or so of my mates who watch it every year get emailing and people on here do the same it might give them something to think about.
    +1

i'll email them too to put to keep the pressure on.

Thanks guys. The email I got was from another site. Its kind of like a form
    http://www.dublintourist.com/details/the_woolshed.shtml#contact

Degag I'd be very interested in finding out more about the South West one (PM me if you want to keep it private) because I know there's a good few Cork boardsies who me not be able to go as far as Dublin for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

Staying ina hotel
    I am really up for this idea! I am currently planning on coming to Ireland for a training day at a wrestling school there with Prince Devitt so would of been stuck without an option for mania since my plane back is on the Monday!

I would REALLY be up for this idea! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Avian wrote: »
    I am really up for this idea! I am currently planning on coming to Ireland for a training day at a wrestling school there with Prince Devitt so would of been stuck without an option for mania since my plane back is on the Monday!

I would REALLY be up for this idea! :D

there is added insentive to make this thing actually work, you can get the Low down on Devitt and his training too while watching mania!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

Staying ina hotel
    there is added insentive to make this thing actually work, you can get the Low down on Devitt and his training too while watching mania!

Well, you'd figured by the point of 2 days with him i'd know some about him ha but always more is good!

Has anyone tried contacting local cinemas? I know its a long shot but the ones in Nottingham seemed very happy to discuss it just didn't have the facilities :-(

Kane-n-Nite is going to give it a go but I doubt it would go ahead sadly. Think we're more likely trying the hotels and pubs first and if not we have two other options thanks to Degag and glenjamin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Good luck with this. I think your best option is to try Peader Kearneys since they are already willing to do similar for the Superbowl and seeing as Boardsies have already given them business in the past. You could even turn it into the unofficial meeting spot for all boards beers. You would need to give them time to advertise it as well though. I'm sure they'd want to try get as many as possible in the door on the night.

Just an update so far.

Got emails back from Jurys Inn and Dublin Citi hotel both enquiring more details about the event (Date and Times).

Jurys wanted to know the range of people so they could possibly come up with a rate.

Dublin Citi hotel also wanted more details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

should this be merged with the 5 page thread about WM in pubs which currently has talk of organising something with a hotel perhaps or is this somehow different/seperate?

should this be merged with the 5 page thread about WM in pubs which currently has talk of organising something with a hotel perhaps or is this somehow different/seperate?
    Was going to PM you there just in case it was hassle having two threads. If you don't mind BH that would be brilliant.

Where is this peader kennedys place?
    Sounds familiar.

Dame Street

Close to the Olympia?

Don't know. Its two blocks away from the bridge at the Liffey. The southside.

I come bearing good news folks:

Dublin Citi Hotel
    Hi John,
    Many thanks for your email. We would be delighted to host the screening of this boxing match for you. We are the ideal venue here at Citi Bar for events such as this & we are a big sporting venue too. In regards to the night, depending on the amount of people you book into the hotel, I will screen the match free of charge for you. It will be necessary for you to book an overnight anyway.. how many guests do you think may attend? If you can let me know figures, I can put together a package for you & you will all have a great night! We have 27 bedroom here so there is ample room for lots of guests.

I look forward to hearing from you & thanks again,

There ya go.

Holy **** this is happening! :D
    Now, John;), did you mention what time it's on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Boxing?!

• Advertisement

Holy **** this is happening! :D
    Now, John;), did you mention what time it's on at?
    I sure did. Still going to keep asking different hotels. Also going to hopefully find out soon from The Woolshed and Peader Kearneys what the scéal is so we could possibly do a bit of haggling. Rates are decent in Dublin Citi hotel if we need to stay in a hotel if we get a great offer from a pub.
    Boxing?!
    I just thought it was weird but presume she knows. I defo mentioned the time thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement