Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    dabestman1 wrote: »
    its a joke when u consider you couldn't organise 1 night in dublin to watch a wrestling event. couldnt organise a p**sup in a brewery springs to mind.
    IDIOTS

Id be permabanned if i said what i wanted to say to that. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

its a joke when u consider you couldn't organise 1 night in dublin to watch a wrestling event. couldnt organise a p**sup in a brewery springs to mind.
    IDIOTS
    And you did what to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

IDIOTS

I'd say too close this thread in case stuff is said too the above person putting down people for help other people want too enjoy a good night out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cena wrote: »
    I'd say too close this thread in case stuff is said too the above person putting down people for help other people want too enjoy a good night out.

Yes. No sense in giving this wonderful person any more attention and possibly getting our own into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

944164-troll_obvious_super.jpg

• Advertisement

To try and get on topic:

DB, what did they actually say was the problem, was it a case that sky wouldnt allow them to show it in a public place?

CMpunked wrote: »
    To try and get on topic:

DB, what did they actually say was the problem, was it a case that sky wouldnt allow them to show it in a public place?
    Sky weren't going to let them show it for non-domestic purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

I what why. Like it can only be shown in house etc. I feel sorry for all the effort that was put in. Maybe next year at least ye all know what too again.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

pay 21.95 and watch it at home, its all fake anyway, sorry to tell ya

Wonder why not. Its a strange one.

• Advertisement

That was it really and add the lack of rooms and you have yourself a huge problem.

If its going to happen next year guys it really has to be more of a group effort. I was on my own for a long time and we could have at least known sooner than 30 hours before the events starts if we had more help.

lads, just reports the posts and ignore the troll.

DB, it's really a pity that this couldn't work out. You put a lot of time and effort in on this so it's sad that it come to this:(

pay 21.95 and watch it at home, its all fake anyway, sorry to tell ya

PW Fail thread reopening in 3...2...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Damn man :(

Was too hyped for this! Tough luck DB you were so close, but you'll always be the hero of PW to me lol.

Anyone know any good streaming sites? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Going Alone
    Hard luck DB, you put a lot of effort in for all the lads. Weird I just thought 5 minutes ago about how deserted the PW forum was going to be tomorrow night. A real shame for all of ye who were meeting up.

Hard luck DB, you put a lot of effort in for all the lads. Weird I just thought 5 minutes ago about how deserted the PW forum was going to be tomorrow night. A real shame for all of ye who were meeting up.

Ha! I was going to have my laptop in the bar.
    Why do you think i was wondering about wifi?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Going Alone
    Ha! I was going to have my laptop in the bar.
    Why do you think i was wondering about wifi?! :P

Minute by minute commentary on how the Boardsies were falling one by one. And then DB's sudden, shocking heel turn at 3am before the Cena/Miz match :pac:

I would have been keeping everyone updated on the reasons why Straight Edge is the way to be. :cool::cool::cool:

19453_329284098522_329278678522_4555147_6306549_n.jpg

I would have put somebody through a table by the end of the night so it was probably for the best that this was cancelled. FOR YE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Hello! First time poster, long time troll (the good, quiet kind :p)

I've been looking at this thread for weeks, hoping the event would be a go. It was great to read that everyone was enthusiastic about watching Mania as a group. After reading that it wouldn't go ahead I was disappointed for you guys.
    PW meet-up for Mania would have been epic. You'd be bored of watching it online on your own (at least I am anyway). I haven't watched it on a proper tv in years!! :O
    It is such a shame that technicalities got in the way. I would have loved to have been there, unfortunately I have a thesis presentation Monday morning so wouldn't have made it.

I was really impressed by how everyone chipped in and made the effort to try make it happen. Well done to everyone (esp. DiabhalBeag) who had a hand in trying to organise it; ye should be proud.

There's always next year anyway. Would be cool to watch Taker reached 20-0 (hopefully!!!)

Hard luck guys.

RL

• Advertisement

RosyLily wrote: »
    Hello! First time poster, long time troll (the good, quiet kind :p)

Welcome to PW, the happiest place on earth! :D

Welcome to PW, the happiest place on earth! :D

The Straight Edge regime does wonders, doesn't it?:pac:

The Straight Edge regime does wonders, doesn't it?:pac:

Its the only way to fly.

In all seriousness, We should hopefully have garnered enough interest in the efforts to try and arrange this for next year, or maybe even SS? I heard thats on a bank holiday monday?

**** yes this is happening next year. Just we'll organize it earlier and better.

**** yes this is happening next year. Just we'll organize it earlier and better.

I know KNN literally starts arranging his following years trip to mania the day he comes home. So you know, its never too early. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Unlucky lads it's so hard to actually get people to commit to anything. Being cynical the fact that it involved wrestling and meeting people from the Internet meant people would be reluctant to push it too hard with their friends and wouldn't go out on a limb. Credit to those that did by the way. I was never going to be able to go but I was hoping ye'd get it up and running

This pulling teeth to get a meet-up sorted is why I never entertain any American b!tching about having to pay $45-65 for a PPV! Try watching it until 4am!!

Hmm....Do you think the IWW or DCW etc are meeting up to watch mania? I know there's some similar wrestling promotion doing a show and watching Mania afterwards in Scotland...

I presume that people going to the Indy show in the afternoon could sort out something as I'm sure the majority would be watching Mania.

I presume that people going to the Indy show in the afternoon could sort out something as I'm sure the majority would be watching Mania.

Theres not one wrestling fan who wont be watching mania. Especially if they are a wrestler. Any who say they arent are liars.

• Advertisement

i meant as a possible meet-up alternative.... I'll just shoot Fight Factory an e-mail......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement