Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    CMpunked wrote: »
    I don't think that's the case.
    DB said we probably only need one more room earlier.

I rang them twice tonight and was told the numbers are very short for people who booked rooms for sunday night most of them where booked as part of more then one day.

She didnt have the full info on who booked for us but she was more or less saying it didnt look like we had the numbers and maybe i should cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    I rang them twice tonight and was told the numbers are very short for people who booked rooms for sunday night most of them where booked as part of more then one day.

She didnt have the full info on who booked for us but she was more or less saying it didnt look like we had the numbers and maybe i should cancel.

Was that exactly what was advised?

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    I asked DB for all the info he originally set the offer up with i told the girl over the phone and she could find nothing no wrestling no boxing nothing.

I explained everything needed be explained her and how the deal worked that we needed to fill a certain amount of rooms to have it shown for us.

She said great fair enough. The girl who DB sorted with in first place Louise Mulligan will be on at 9 in the morning so until we get word from her its still up in the air.

All i know is girl i rang twice tonight looked up sundays bookings for me and although she was unable to confirm how many of us booked she said most the booking if not all where for multi dates and that was only bout 7 rooms left and that it from what she could see did not look like we had the numbers and that maybe id be best to cancel.

She said because she could not find the full information for me that she would take my name and that i could cancel in the morning if needed. 2morrw being Friday inside the 2 day cancel rule anyone who leaves it later in the day will lose there money if tings dont go ahead.

Now im hoping she does not have the full info and this will be sorted in the morning but one person from our group has already canceled his room early on today so where down numbers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Diabhal Beag sounds like he's snowed under at work right now, I will see what I can do myself.

I will call Louise at around 9:30am today.

If she says we do have enough rooms/people booked, then fantastic.

I will ask her to order the PPV today and ask her to send me some sort of e-mail confirmation when it's ordered. No point them leaving it until 9pm on Sunday and then something f*cks up.

If she says we don't have enough numbers, I will ask her how many more people/rooms we need to meet the minimum requirement. I will also ask her to waive the 48 hour cancellation fee for the people who have already booked rooms (stating the fact that we are special guests), and hopefully she will show leniency and give us another 24 hours to get the required numbers.

iambrazil has cancelled his room because he wasn't sure what the story is, so if we are only 1 room short, iambrazil will you be willing to re-book your room again today?

As far as i'm aware, we still have these four with rooms booked:

diabhal beag,
    cmpunked,
    angerfist2009,
    davrho

And these three who may or may not have rooms booked:

Dare 2 defy
    johnnycnandy
    terrytibbs

I will post on here at about 10am today. If you see nothing by 11am, then someone else give them a call, it means I either couldn't get through or Louise was unavailable.

Just got a call from Louise saying that she still wants this to go ahead and that she is going to go ahead and book the ppv :)

She was looking to try get in touch with DB anyway but only problem was figures for rooms cause of the legal matters of who they should be serving alcohol to after hours and so on.

Really at the moment where grand this is going ahead from what i was just told on the phone she was telling me hope your looking forward to it cause its happening !!

So theres still a couple rooms left anyone who is yet to book one id say check it out and iambrazil u canceled a room do u want to leave it cancelled or hop back on?? lol

She seems really sound and was more then happy to make this work for us so easyer we make it for them the better it will be for all of us :)

One more thing i was told by Louise there should be no worrys about me losing money that was why i rang last night so i assume its same for everyone.

If anyone wants more info on any this or to make sure of whats going on for yourself give Dublin citi hotel a call there number is 6794496 and ask to speak to Louise Mulligan and be sorted :-).

• Advertisement

Nice one angerfist.

Just got off the phone with Louise myself. Unfortuantely, f*cking $hit vodafone blocked my phone because i havn't topped up in 2 months, had to use the girlfriends phone and she only had a 1 euro credit, so we got cut off half way through our conversation.

Anyway, she said 4 rooms have been booked, but she's looking for 5 rooms to be booked, so we are short 1 room

iambrazil, is there any chance you will rebook your room? If your worried about anything, you can call Louise yourself and explain that you will only stay in your room if this goes ahead, and ask her if she would NOT still charge you for the room if this doesn't go ahead for whatever reason. She sounded like a really nice woman and reasonable to deal with.

Same goes for Dare 2 defy, johnnycnandy and terrytibbs, you guys voted in the poll you are going to stay at the hotel, assuming you havn't already booked your room and if you still intend to but are a bit worried about losing money, you can call Louise and explain the situation.

She hasn't ordered the PPV yet, she is waiting to speak to John (Deabhal Beag) later today before she books it she said.

She also said she is really hopeful this will go ahead, but she's just worried that it's just going to be 4 or 5 guys watching it, when she was initially expecting 20-30.

Deabhal Beag, im all out of credit to call her back (i sent her an e-mail apologising for the abrupt end to our conversation), but she is hoping to speak with you sometime today when you have a chance. I assume she will be finished for the day at 5pm, hopefully you guys can chat before then.

I might still have mate booking double room. Had to keep telling him wait cause wasn't sure wat was happening. Be nice if everyone who is going to this Sunday would post give us all some kinda idea here of numbers. Not just people who booked rooms but anyone who is just coming to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Going Alone
    I am coming to watch, no point in getting a room as I am in work at 6 in the morning as in 2 hours after the show :D. But I willl gladly give 20/30 quid to the other room to make sure it goes ahead. But yeah I am definitly going to watch.

Awesome stuff angerfist and Charisteas. After the uncertainty of what was happening last night i was worried to check the thread today. :p

You guys are heros!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Awesome stuff angerfist and Charisteas. After the uncertainty of what was happening last night i was worried to check the thread today. :p

You guys are heros!

yeah gotta say DB has been crying out for help getting this going and you guys stepped up and its great that this should happen. Even if its a small gathering it should be great and could be something that is done again and maybe in a bigger fashion again next year.

• Advertisement

You guys are heros!

Slightly handsome young go getter maybe but hero nah tongue.gif lol

Ya i was surprised with how positive Louise was on phone this morning any little problems that did arise she had good way to finish them all so hoping that will be all the **** out of the way we can just get on with this now and enjoy it.

I do think we might need one or two more people to book rooms at the most i could be wrong. I have a mate who was very keen to book early in week i kinda had to tell him to hold off incase things went arse ways but ill be in touch him some stage today and hopefully he will book a double room if there are still some.

Theres maybe 2 or 3 other people on here who either had rooms booked and canceled or said they would book rooms so i dunno are they still coming??

Be great now if we can just wrap this up with time to spare and get some kind of list of who is going so we can sort whos meeting who what times and so on.

Last thing i want and i doubt im only one is to be running around citi bar asking are u watching wrestling tonight?? lol Be great if we can get the fuss of sorting rooms done with hopefully by tonight then start planning names and times. Then just matter of dealing with mothers day and having some drunken wrestling fun :D

If you guys had not have rang earlier on i would have (in saying that, it would have only been about 2 or 3 hours ago..).
    Did anyone manage to ask if they had wifi in the rooms? :o

If you guys had not have rang earlier on i would have (in saying that, it would have only been about 2 or 3 hours ago..).
    Did anyone manage to ask if they had wifi in the rooms? :o

lol i didnt anyway think was last thing on me mind theres no mention of it on there site that i saw anyway. Ya never know its right in middle temple bar bound be some hot spot around.

lol i didnt anyway think was last thing on me mind theres no mention of it on there site that i saw anyway. Ya never know its right in middle temple bar bound be some hot spot around.

Very true.
    Id say they would nearly have to. It is central dublin, statistically the best place in the whole country for internet availability!

I'm going to go around asking people are they watching the wrestling anyway for the laugh! :pac::pac:

Hopefully now that we have this as good as certain, there could be a lot of people who can come out of the woodwork and join us, those who were unsure of it going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

I hope that the people that are in the bar besides you guys get into this that's if they join ye. Maybe ye can all help them get into it. I glad it's going through

cena wrote: »
    I hope that the people that are in the bar besides you guys get into this that's if they join ye. Maybe ye can all help them get into it. I glad it's going through

Actually curious to see what reaction will be to load lads watching wrestling :pac:

Tempted to head into town 2morrw buy a wrestling t shirt and all lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Actually curious to see what reaction will be to load lads watching wrestling :pac:

Tempted to head into town 2morrw buy a wrestling t shirt and all lol

Its well be a laugh

cena wrote: »
    Its well be a laugh

Either that or a full on royal rumble!!! lol

Ah no being Sunday night and all hard to know who be around.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sunday night'll be quiet enough; we just gotta let any others know their role!

It'll be cracking. On par to bring 3 mates. Can't wait lads. Thank you so much Angerfist and DB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

So how much do those who haven't booked have to chip in?

• Advertisement

So is it just lads going to this or any women at all??

Just curious i have a girlfriend :P

I got an e-mail back from Louise (after I e-mailed her to apologise for the abrupt ending to our conversation earlier), and again she reiterated the fact that it's almost all systems go, but she wanted to talk to John (Deabhal Beag) to finalise details before she orders through Sky Box Office, so DB did you manage to have a chat with her today?

Xinkai wrote: »

Probley depends what the numbers overall are waiting on word from anyone at this stage who might actually know the details.

Xinkai wrote: »

It's probably up to Deabhal Beag how much we pitch in, it might also depend on how many rooms have been booked, so he will need to speak to Louise first anyway.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I got an e-mail back from Louise (after I e-mailed her to apologise for the abrupt ending to our conversation earlier), and again she reiterated the fact that it's almost all systems go, but she wanted to talk to John (Deabhal Beag) to finalise details before she orders through Sky Box Office, so DB did you manage to have a chat with her today?

Im hoping she did surely if she couldnt get hold him she would of rang me or who ever else was booked and left a phone number.

What time did you get the email at?

My missus is going too.
    We watched Mania last year and i took her to TNA in jan, so when i said this was happening she invited herself. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So is it just lads going to this or any women at all?? Just curious i have a girlfriend :P

I've a gf but she's not invited...Wouldn't be able to enjoy mania having to talk/mind her! Mania party? I predict 100%
    sausage440.jpg

My missus is going too.
    We watched Mania last year and i took her to TNA in jan, so when i said this was happening she invited herself. :pac:

Nice1! Me girlfriend was gonna come for the laugh but has family stuff to do now.

The fella i know who might be going think he said he was bringing his girlfriend theres bound to be a few sure. Just makes a bit of change an all ya no.

I'm not bringing my missus to this, she would just fall asleep after 30 minutes, but she seems suspicious that 20 guys want to watch wrestling in a pub for 4 hours, i got a feeling she thinks we're going to a strip club or something.

Anyway i'm dragging her along to the GAA games in Croke Park tomorrow, I won a pair of tickets at work and i don't wanna go alone, so it wouldn't be fair to ask her to come to watch GAA and Wrestling with me.

• Advertisement

Im hoping she did surely if she couldnt get hold him she would of rang me or who ever else was booked and left a phone number.

What time did you get the email at?

Was early in the day, around noon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement