Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    Deadly i think that must be least 6 or 7 who have booked now.
    I THINK lol

I was quoted as one of the numbers who booked earlier. Am thinking we have 4 double rooms booked at this point?

If jaykunter books tomo, i think thats it sorted.

DB if ye get the time can you check the names with the contact in the hotel to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    davrho wrote: »
    I was quoted as one of the numbers who booked earlier. Am thinking we have 4 double rooms booked at this point?

If jaykunter books tomo, i think thats it sorted.

DB if ye get the time can you check the names with the contact in the hotel to confirm this.

I reckon we have more then 4 booked at this stage im gonna txt me mate say to him if hes booking to book soon so can get this confirmed. At this stage ive seen a good few mention they have booked rooms surely its all go now at this stage fingers crossed.

If anyone can remember who DB sorted this with ill give them a call and see where we stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I think im correct in saying that the following people have rooms booked.

diabhal beag,
    iambrazil,
    cmpunked,
    angerfist2009,
    davrho

If they were all double rooms booked, then I reckon the hotel will count that as 10 people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

worse comes to worse the non-rooming peeps can chip in the tenner extra to turn the singles booking into double rooms?

just to clear up any confusion i live in dublin city center so have no use for a hotel room, I just want this thing to go ahead and if my booking is the difference between it happening and not happening then i'll bite the bullet. i really hope it doesn't come to that as it's a waste

jaykhunter wrote: »
    worse comes to worse the non-rooming peeps can chip in the tenner extra to turn the singles booking into double rooms?

just to clear up any confusion i live in dublin city center so have no use for a hotel room, I just want this thing to go ahead and if my booking is the difference between it happening and not happening then i'll bite the bullet. i really hope it doesn't come to that as it's a waste

I wasnt gonna bother with a room either as i live near citywest so aint to far from town but said i would help the cause :P

• Advertisement

Just incase anyone wondering by way if and when Sunday comes me name is Richard dont fancy coming round saying hi im angerfist lol :pac:

Just incase anyone wondering by way if and when Sunday comes me name is Richard dont fancy coming round saying hi im angerfist lol :pac:

maybe nametags might b appropriate!

altho i'm jay so.....hello lol

maybe nametags might b appropriate

lol why dont we just come in all wearing wrestling t shirts and start pretend fighting in the bar reckon figure out very quick whos who then. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Fair play. Think thats the case with most us. The mate I am going with does not bevvy and will be driving back to Lucan.

We just want to watch it with a crowd. Watching in Hooters a few years back was great craic.

Anyone know of parking at this time near the hotel. My knowledge of Dublin city centre is woeful.

davrho wrote: »
    Fair play. Think thats the case with most us. The mate I am going with does not bevvy and will be driving back to Lucan.

We just want to watch it with a crowd. Watching in Hooters a few years back was great craic.

Anyone know of parking at this time near the hotel. My knowledge of Dublin city centre is woeful.

God im not sure theres a few around town just off top my head only one can think of be down parnell street beside cineworld.

Theres bound to be others i dont drive so not 100 percent sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    Not sure if all those people booked doubles guys. Will get a call tomorrow morning hopefully. If I don't post on here before half nine could somebody else ring them. I'm working all tomorrow.

Not sure if all those people booked doubles guys. Will get a call tomorrow morning hopefully. If I don't post on here before half nine could somebody else ring them. I'm working all tomorrow.

Give me the correct details to check it all out and ill ring them 2nite.
    I want to know meself before the 2 day deadline whats going on.

Give me the correct details to check it all out and ill ring them 2nite.
    I want to know meself before the 2 day deadline whats going on.

Check your PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

lol why dont we just come in all wearing wrestling t shirts and start pretend fighting in the bar reckon figure out very quick whos who then. :P

Just walk in there and do the Ric Flair 'Wooooooooooooo' and everyone will know what you're ther for :pac:

Ok just got off the phone to citi hotel.

The girl wasnt able to finding the bookings apart from mine i mentioned the name that DB gave me Louise Mulligan but shes not in till the morning.

She said ring back between 9 to 5 2morrw and can double check it then.

She said for me anyway if there had to be any cancelations that id be fine cause its her fault she couldnt find the booking.

Id say where gonna be ok with this maybe somebody could ring them first thing in the morning and double check this?? I have a few things to do first thing 2morrw so i wouldnt get chance ring till after lunch and i think for everyones sake who has booked we would need to sort this out soon as possible.

6794496 is there number and from what DB has told me Louise Mulligan was the name of girl who sorted it for us in first place. I probley should of asked at the time whos name this was originally set up under as she couldnt find anything to do with just wrestlemania or boards.

Also one other thing i booked a double room thinking me girlfriend would come along for laugh but she cant now so if anyone wants to kip in my room no bother either that or i get nice big bed to meself :-)

The girlfriend is going to Westlife so she'll stay in my room obviously. I think one more double room and we should be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Going Alone
    super-rush wrote: »
    Just walk in there and do the Ric Flair 'Wooooooooooooo' and everyone will know what you're ther for :pac:

Do the Flair faceplant however and become a forum legend.

If anyone wants to ring in the morning and check this out just mention i rang last night *Richard Barnabas is me name*

The one on phone told me this anyway i dunno lol DB what name did u sort this under in the first place or did u use one?? Just thats why i couldnt find out the numbers theres was no mention of wrestlemania or boards on there books.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

Going Alone
    Anyone know of parking at this time near the hotel. My knowledge of Dublin city centre is woeful.[/QUOTE]

in temple bar theres a 24 hour parking lot across from hard rock cafe, fleet st i think its called, only 5 mins walk to citi hotel from there.. mite be helpful to ya if ur stuck.. enjoys guys, hope it goes ahead!! BTW C'mon Munster!!!! (Thomond park on sat for the rugby, reason why i aint going)

Ya perfect i totally forgot about that section of parking that would be perfect seeing as only few mins up the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

Going Alone
    think i made a balls of that quote thing there!!! anyways that car park mite be best spot, as i said 24 hour, not too sure of the price, if ya google it, its there im sure

messi1985 wrote: »
    think i made a balls of that quote thing there!!! anyways that car park mite be best spot, as i said 24 hour, not too sure of the price, if ya google it, its there im sure

http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/carpark/temple_bar/dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Looking forward to meeting up with all you guys for this momentus occasion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

guys I cancelled the single room I had booked. Things didn't look good here earlier and I couldn't afford to leave it until tomorrow when I would be charged 54 for the room no matter what happened with the show.

when I booked the room last week I thought there'd be no problem with filling the rooms and then there was obviously a lot of people interested in coming extra so I had no worries about getting money back for it.

iambrazil wrote: »
    guys I cancelled the single room I had booked. Things didn't look good here earlier and I couldn't afford to leave it until tomorrow when I would be charged 54 for the room no matter what happened with the show.

when I booked the room last week I thought there'd be no problem with filling the rooms and then there was obviously a lot of people interested in coming extra so I had no worries about getting money back for it.

Feck :pac: ah well ill blame u if where one short ha

Ok well i dunno what story is here right now but i rang citi hotel there again with a bit more info for the girl see could i find out how many rooms and she could find nothing. She was even telling me maybe i should cancel as theres no way enough of us have booked rooms as most booked on Sunday have booked for 2 or 3 days.

That didnt sound good anyway i dunno maybe shes getting her info mixed least i hope so.

She has my name and told me i have until the morning to cancel if needed i dunno about everyone else.

fúckballs.

Best get on to Louise Mulligan tomorrow morning. I think it's just night staff that don't have a clue. Gotta sort this out before everything blows up!

fúckballs.

Best get on to Louise Mulligan tomorrow morning. I think it's just night staff that don't have a clue. Gotta sort this out before everything blows up!

Glad i did all this tonight to see what was going on!
    The girl checked for all info i could give her and there was nothing she mentioned that most the bookings for rooms on Sunday night where people staying for more one night and that was only 7 rooms left in the hotel.

Its 2 days notice money back so 2morrw being friday that is inside the two days.

Would anyone be able to ring Louise Mulligan around 9 in the morning?? Or even if in town call in and get an answer for this once and for all.
    If where told we dont have enough people booking rooms i think where stuck.

Does anyone want to ring or call in then in the morning or is it just everyone looks out for them selfs at this stage??

Cause if people who booked rooms dont get this sorted 2morrw and we dont get the correct amount ur all losing ur money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Does anyone want to ring or call in then in the morning or is it just everyone looks out for them selfs at this stage??

I don't think that's the case.
    DB said we probably only need one more room earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement