Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    Charisteas wrote: »
    Was early in the day, around noon.

Alright cool well hopefully she got in touch with him. I mean if she had problems booking the ppv and not getting threw to DB she could of rang me i mean i talked her bout it this morning so. Ah more then likely its all gravy we will know when ever DB is online.

So heres something i wanna know cause im not calling you all by your boards names lol whats everyones name??

Mines Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    Lads remember DB said he is swamped and prolly won't finish work till 10 abouts. Somebody call up Louise and ask for a mobile number so he can discuss with her, as she may not be around after he finishes work.

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    Xinkai wrote: »
    Lads remember DB said he is swamped and prolly won't finish work till 10 abouts. Somebody call up Louise and ask for a mobile number so he can discuss with her, as she may not be around after he finishes work.

I reckon shes long gone finished work she started at 9 this morning.

She wouldnt of just left it at this stage there making money out of this she would of got in contact with one of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So heres something i wanna know cause im not calling you all by your boards names lol whats everyones name??

Mine is infact, CMpunked.
    My parents f'n hated me. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mines Richard

Hey, I'm Jay (only my parents call me James lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Was in Longford all day guys. She didn't have my number and I had no way of contacting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

John, do you want me to call her again today? It wouldn't be a problem, but the thing is that she seemed to want to only finalise the details with you personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

it'll b interesting to c if this goes ahead, feel for those who booked if it does not.

dabestman1 wrote: »
    it'll b interesting to c if this goes ahead, feel for those who booked if it does not.

What possible use is that post?

If you read the last two pages, obviously it is :)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What possible use is that post?

If you read the last two pages, obviously it is :)
    take it easy, read a good few pages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

johnn wrote: »
    I tried to warn everyone they would end up out of pocket over this/it wouldn't go ahead but my post was deleted...:rolleyes: I think I am owed an apology.

Get it round ye :D

Sorry mods if this post is against the rules, but it had to be said!
    It is tame for whit i was going to say.........

Good news but some very sad news lads.

It can't go ahead. Sky will only allow it to be streamed in domestic purposes. I'm very sorry lads.

We also only had 6-7 rooms pre-booked but they were willing to overlook that. At the same time you want to know that you won't struggle for numbers with days to go.

The good news is anybody who has paid will get full refunds. Its the hotel policy so nobody is losing any money on this. Ring the hotel if you want johnn and troll them for answers.

I do want to thank everybody who has helped out. CMpunked, Angerfist, Charisteas, Iambrazil, xinkai, davrho, jaykhunter, grames bond and everybody else who helped out.

Very sad this won't go ahead and I was looking forward to a Mania piss-up but for this year it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks and apologies,
    John AKA DB.

What a bloody shame :(:(

DB you should be commended on how much you took the bull by the horns concerning the whole thing, fair dues.
    I guess we can take consolation into the fact that the only thing which brought it down was the thing that we thought would have no problem with!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Going Alone
    That's a bit of a strange one, so would the hotel not be able to get Sky Box Office for boxing then?

Don't think so. They said that they were going to try to stream it by connecting the box to other TVs but it didn't work with soccer yesterday. She was very sorry.

We didn't meet the requirement either which was always a massive problem. As much as people were willing to go and watch it they weren't willing to go out of their way to help us either which is a real shame. That was the main setback.

They won't charge us anything though which was nice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

please nobody come in here saying told ya so etc, this is unfortunate but atleast nobodies out of pocket and I can assure you should I be back in Ireland any mania time a similar feat will be attempted again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Going Alone
    Feel bad for poor aul Diabhal, you did your best a chara. These things are notoriously hard to get done unfortunately.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Feel bad for poor aul Diabhal, you did your best a chara. These things are notoriously hard to get done unfortunately.

Never a truer word spoken. Near impossible really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

It's a damn shame, thanks for all your effort DB.

I feel sorry for the lad who was coming over from Newcastle (The one in England) for this.

*Charisteas clutches at straws* Too late to call Peader Kearneys?

Charisteas wrote: »
    It's a damn shame, thanks for all your effort DB.

I feel sorry for the lad who was coming over from Newcastle (The one in England) for this.

*Charisteas clutches at straws* Too late to call Peader Kearneys?

Give it a shot for the craic.

• Advertisement

BOLLOX !!

Shame was looking forward this and was alot of hard work put in i guess main thing is at least we know its not impossible.

Thanks DB for giving it a shot and everyone else who helped sure theres no reason why we all cant sort something non wrestling event some weekend for a meet up. Id be well up for meeting you s all for the laugh cause anyone ive come across on here seems decent and good laugh :)

Guess just have to get drunk on my own 2morrw so :P

Anyone fancy showing it in their place and we can still use the rooms in the hotel?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone fancy showing it in their place and we can still use the rooms in the hotel?

Guess ya never know at this stage :pac:

Just off the phone canceled the room :-( ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a balls.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hard luck lads, Fair play to all who tried to get things going but especially to DB.

Ah fúck. Man this sucks. Sigh!

john & dabestman were right. But I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons.

Fair play to ya DB and Richard I'm real sorry this didn't work out. :( There's definite interest in this and it'll happen at some point :) Maybe when Rock finally faces Cena lol.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah fúck. Man this sucks. Sigh!

john & dabestman were right. But I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons.

Fair play to ya DB and Richard I'm real sorry this didn't work out. :( There's definite interest in this and it'll happen at some point :) Maybe when Rock finally faces Cena lol.

Feck it sure we should sort something soon that wont have to be so hard on how many book or who shows what just good group people meet somewhere and few drinks cause far as i know its never happened on this section of the boards and there no excuses!! lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

davrho wrote: »
    Get it round ye :D

Sorry mods if this post is against the rules, but it had to be said!
    It is tame for whit i was going to say.........

:rolleyes:

Unlucky lads, I'm gutted for you all as a fellow sports entertainment fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    That's a bit of a strange one, so would the hotel not be able to get Sky Box Office for boxing then?
    They can, which makes it stranger.

Fair play to you for trying DB, I know you put alot of work into this and know you were frustrated over the last few days. Feel sorry for all involved because it'd have been a great night!

• Advertisement

its a joke when u consider you couldn't organise 1 night in dublin to watch a wrestling event. couldnt organise a p**sup in a brewery springs to mind.
    IDIOTS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement