Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mania Meet Up Thread *details in OP, please read*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not willing to stay in same hotel
    Cheers again guys. Should sort my room out for Thursday. A few of ye have really stepped up.

At the same time its annoying more people aren't willing to help. You all seem to willing to watch the thing but waiting for the rest of us to do all the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

How many have we got now DB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Dunno if I'll be staying over, but as I've said, if anyone books a room just to get numbers up, I'll gladly chip in on the sunday for the room. If anyones interested in just booking the room and needs funds, PM me and I'll send you my mob number.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    Was talking me mate who was thinking booking room to he wil know friday what the story is how hes fixed for money.

3 rooms so far. Gonna book mine tomorrow so that should be 4 rooms. Going to need people to help out before Sunday to make this happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm cajoling my friends right now to go to this. So far it's me and my bro and i'm looking to bring 2 others.

Question, how much are rooms? I live in dublin but hear me out. Like I expect to chip in at least a tenner (each) to watch the show, would it just be easier to make it 15 and rent a room? Like is it free to air if that many rooms are booked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vinniymack three sixteen

**** ive only just seen this boards,im a wrestling fan all my life!! where is this all happening coz im in!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm cajoling my friends right now to go to this. So far it's me and my bro and i'm looking to bring 2 others.

Question, how much are rooms? I live in dublin but hear me out. Like I expect to chip in at least a tenner (each) to watch the show, would it just be easier to make it 15 and rent a room? Like is it free to air if that many rooms are booked?

69 for a double room. 59 for a single. If we reach ten people specifically staying to watch Mania we'll get to watch it for free.

**** ive only just seen this boards,im a wrestling fan all my life!! where is this all happening coz im in!
    Dublin Citi Hotel.

69 for a double room. 59 for a single. If we reach ten people specifically staying to watch Mania we'll get to watch it for free.

Cheers DB. If we don't get 10 rooms booked how much do you think it'll cost/what does that break down as each (roughly)? How late can we leave the bookings? (I know asap is preferable :p)

also be sure if we can't get 10 in then take money at the door before letting people in to watch Mania!!

• Advertisement

Cheers DB. If we don't get 10 rooms booked how much do you think it'll cost/what does that break down as each (roughly)? How late can we leave the bookings? (I know asap is preferable :p)

also be sure if we can't get 10 in then take money at the door before letting people in to watch Mania!!

If we don't get ten people this isn't going to happen lads. Realistically I'd like to have everybody sorted out by Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

If we screen it at one of the hotels. Would people be willing to stay in that hotel for the night
    If we don't get ten people this isn't going to happen lads. Realistically I'd like to have everybody sorted out by Friday morning.

from the confirmation email from the hotel - "Cancellations within 48 hours of the day of arrival, or 'no shows' entitle us to charge 100% of the value of the first night accommodation."

So if those of us who have booked in already leave it until after Friday to cancel we'll be charged for the hotel room even if it doesn't go ahead.

Unless everyone ends up booking the required amount of rooms asap (as in today - Thursday) I'm going to have to cancel my booking. Can't afford to pay over 50euro for a hotel room I'm not going to use on top of paying to watch Mania at home.

If we didn't have ten people buying rooms, do you've any idea how many are going? (Assume I've a party of 4) .....like would the split the cost of booking ten rooms would it be very expensive for us?

If we didn't have ten people buying rooms, do you've any idea how many are going? (Assume I've a party of 4) .....like would the split the cost of booking ten rooms would it be very expensive for us?
    There's no other way. 2 double rooms for people is 128 in total. That's 34 each.

I know people will go to this but I need to know in advance that we'll get at least 10 people staying in their rooms for Mania. It won't happen by just pitching in 20 euro for those who turn up on the night. These rooms need to be booked before the show and Louise doesn't work on weekends.

We need 10 people for them so that they can get bar staff and know that they won't lose money keeping the bar open etc.

A ton of us have gone to a lot of trouble and to see this not happen would really bring a lot of shame to this forum IMO.

So is there fears of this not going ahead now??

Seeing as u need give hotel two days notice when canceling i think any of us who booked rooms already are going need to have some kinda confermation of where we stand before the end of Thursday.

58 euro on nothing i dont think any of us can afford that i mean i could watch this for free at home lol.

I know the situation is awkward and its hard when people wont commit all i know is i hope this goes ahead and i hope end day we all dont get left out of pocket.
    Theres been alot of hard work put into making this happen.

To be honest if where in same situation late 2morrw night and we still need another 5 or so people to book rooms im gonna have to cancel the room.
    Its to much of a risk having to hope people will just decide they want to book a room. Also i want to be able tell me mate before he goes booking anything what story is.

So i think where going to have to really look at this 2morrw before Friday and if where in a bad situation before the deadline of canceling rooms then me personally i cant take the chance of just handing out 58 euro for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mine was 59 for the double.. :confused:

CMpunked wrote: »
    Mine was 59 for the double.. :confused:

Same as mine. 58.50 or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If we don't get ten people this isn't going to happen lads.
    Cheers DB. If we don't get 10 rooms booked how much do you think it'll cost/what does that break down as each (roughly)?

What do the hotel want, 10 rooms booked, or 10 people booked? I assumed from the e-mail that it was 10 people in 5 double rooms was the requirement. 3 have already been booked, Diabhal Beag will make it 4, and angerfist2009's friend will make 5 rooms.

I would be surprised if they are asking us for 10 rooms to be booked.

5 double rooms X 59 euro = 295 euro. Will cost them 300 to screen it, but they will make enough money through bar sales to cover the cost of their staff, hotels have staff working all hours anyway.

aha ok I've been saying 10 rooms and DB's been saying 10 people. I really think we can do 5 rooms easy....DB can you clear this up? How many people/rooms booked do we need for this to go ahead definitely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I tried to warn everyone they would end up out of pocket over this/it wouldn't go ahead but my post was deleted...:rolleyes: I think I am owed an apology.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

johnn wrote: »
    I tried to warn everyone they would end up out of pocket over this/it wouldn't go ahead but my post was deleted...:rolleyes: I think I am owed an apology.

it was the fact that you did so by suggesting Someone may be trying to scam people surely if anything 10 people would be easier to get than 10 rooms anyway as ten room is at minimum 10 people so this shouldent change much. All along its been book this amount and the event will be free and open to extras, iirc if its not 10 people they will prob screen the show for the number that did book in and a few of their own guests but will ask that a few quid is chipped in from each for the show as we didnt meet the quota of 10 for the deal offered. Therefore no money should be lost on this just that some of those who dont book in would not be able to go and any guests of those who do book in would probably have to pay the small fee for the event to be shown.

DB how many people do we have know? do you know the total? and are there any like yourself perhaps that you are 100% sure will be added to that total?

if its just one or 2 people needed maybe 1 or 2 who planned on going anyway and said they would chip in for those with rooms could be convinced to instead book a room and get some money back from the others going to chip in but not booking in.

aha ok I've been saying 10 rooms and DB's been saying 10 people. I really think we can do 5 rooms easy....DB can you clear this up? How many people/rooms booked do we need for this to go ahead definitely?
    10 people. I just sent my details there to book a double.
    johnn wrote: »
    Nope. I never took anybody's money. All you've done is be negative so you owe me an apology.

So we need ten people to book rooms which way are they sorting that single room = 1 person double room = 2??

Any ideas how many people we have so far?

I have booked a double room and im giving this till later i have told me mate to hold off till i give him go ahead because of the 2 day rule of canceling. He wont know till 2morrw bout money anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Looking unlikely at this point that I'll get to this.

Been informed that we're taking the mother out for dinner on Sunday which would leave me in Donegal that night. Can't really get out of it either.

However, since I said I was going to go I'd be more than happy to throw some money into a collective fund to pay for any extra rooms that are needed to ensure this goes ahead.

T'is a great idea and took a lot of effort on DB's part, too much to let it go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

DB if you book another room I'll throw you back the 59 quid on sunday night. I'll pm you my number too if you want to call me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I unfortunately can't make it coz I have a mania/birthday party up in drogs! Great job organising in db and if needs be I will throw a tenner towards the night to make it go ahead! Kudos!!

So who is going? lol How many more do we need for rooms?

Hopefully we know by 2nite or gonna have to cancel the room cause by sounds it we aint got enough and i dunno will they still show it then?

I was going to ring them today to find out the details but i dont know how DB sorted this with them in first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Going Alone
    I think it looks alright fist. We all got a bit ahead of our self's but from my probably wrong calculations we only need 1 more double room booked and its sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

I will be there with one of the mates. Double room booked.

Have we the 10 folk booked?

• Advertisement

Deadly i think that must be least 6 or 7 who have booked now.
    I THINK lol

Does anyone who who DB sorted this with and what details where??

I am going to ring to see what stage where at but i dunno what to ask them lol i mean last time i rang it was bar staff working the phones aswell.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement