Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

d'Oracle wrote: »
    What in ****s name was your right leg at there?

It happens occasionally on max attempts. Probably the 4th or 5th time it has happened to me this year. I've a issue with my right medial glute which causes my knee to come in (I also flaired the legs a touch too much). I doubt it will be a problem on Saturday because I'll be fully recovered and I'll have spent the week stretching and rolling which goes a good portion of the way of fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

token wrote: »

EDIT: I'd be waiting an eternity for Frogdog to send the video so here's the blurry one

Ahem. :cool:

Frogdog wrote: »
    Ahem. :cool:

That snatch is from like a month ago!

That snatch is from like a month ago!

eternity =/= a month

Eternity = waiting for you to come out of the bottom of a squat.

Frogdog wrote: »
    Eternity = waiting for you to come out of the bottom of a squat.

Haha, now that's a burn.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 30th November

BW: 79.7kg omg I'm hideous, don't look at me :D

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg failed one ..again..
    3x1@60kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    1@60kg
    1@70kg
    3x1@75kg

Already starting to get a bit antsy. Want to lift some fu*cking weights already.

Saturday 3rd December

NI Open

BW: 76.5kg

Snatch
    74x/74/78x

Clean & Jerk
    96,101,103x

I am disappoint /emo

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Saturday 3rd December

I am disappoint /emo

Didn't you go home with some cutlery?

supposedly wrote: »
    Didn't you go home with some cutlery?

Yeah I suppose I can be happy in the fact my lifting nowadays when sh*t is better than my good lifting of yestermonths. Progress is progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Yeah I suppose I can be happy in the fact my lifting nowadays when sh*t is better than my good lifting of yestermonths. Progress is progress!

That's the spirit:rolleyes:. Pah on this self-depreciation talk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Did your knee do that thing that it does?

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Did your knee do that thing that it does?

nah, I didn't make a balls of the cut this time and I felt great in the warmups and felt it was the day for 80kg snatch. A couple of things went wrong first was an external factor of there was about a 10 minute wait between my last snatch warmup and my opener. I was meant to be lifting after Frogdog so when he did his 3rd lift I went down to lift but a guy dropped his opener below mine last second and ended up having all 3 lifts below my opener then. Then when i got on to platform I rushed the lifts.

I'm making out a gmail doc for myself now on a list of things I'd do differently on the day, prep beforehand was all good. Main thing is coming up with a routine for going for max's in the gym and then to replicate that when it comes to competition. I don't have one at the moment and I ended up rushing things with comp adrenalin/nerves. Dead Ed told me to stop rushing during the break for C&J and I lifted better then. I let out a few obscenities when I missed the 103kg powerclean because my jerks are absolute piss now and I would have stuck it :(

I'm not that bothered really I just like to moan /emo in my log. The margin of error for making and missing a snatch is pretty small and **** like this is going to happen. I'm doing the hercs supertotal now on Saturday and hopefully can make up for it then.

/long

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Well done on the comp man, you always learn way more competing on the Platform then in the gym.

Hercs Supertotal?? Do tell. You a hercs member?

Da Za wrote: »
    Well done on the comp man, you always learn way more competing on the Platform then in the gym.

Hercs Supertotal?? Do tell. You a hercs member?

Cheers, you are dead right on that one. Learned a lot for the next one.

The Hercs club championships are on this weekend. There is powerlifting, weightlifting competition, and some bodybuilding thing as well I think. I'm not a member but Supposedly is a member and signed me up for it. L is doing it as well I think. Dead Ed is injured but I think he's doing whatever lifts he can get away with.

I think the order of events is light powerlifting, weightlifting, heavy powerlifting. Under and over is 82.5kg is the distinction between light and heavier classes. I'd much prefer to weightlift first then powerlift so I might do the opposite of what I did last week. More carbs as the week goes on and water load instead of cut water the day before and morning of weigh-in :D

Monday December 5th

Powersnatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    3x1@60kg

Deadlift
    3@100kg
    2@110kg
    1@120kg
    1@130kg
    1@140kg
    1@150kg

Pause Bench
    bouncy warmups
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    f@90kg not too far away

Widegrip Pullups x 5, just because

Deadlifts feel like an abomination against the universe. I'll open at 150kg on Saturday. I'll see how it goes from there. Imma get a lend of a big f*ck off powerlifting belt for them. PR is 160kg so I'll probably shoot for 165kg. 170kg probably aint gonna happen with the lack of deadlifting and what not.

Benching I like but I was informed once again that there is no bench press on the battlefield. Pause benching wasn't as bad as I thought it would be not too off getting the 90kg. I'll go 80,85,90kg on Saturday. Should get the 90kg in a comp setting with fu*ckers shouting at me.

Wednesday December 7th

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    3x1@60kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    1@60kg
    1@70kg
    3x1@75kg

Squatz
    low bar up to 3@90kg
    f*ck that noise
    high bars up to 1@110kg

ugh, tried out low bars for the first time in close to year because I'd be able to lift more weight on Saturday with them but the rack position on them feels awful now so I'm giving up on that idea. I've been fully converted to communism at this stage. Deadlifts can get f*cked too. It's high bars and clean pulls for me from now on. Maybe the odd trapbar deadlift if I'm feeling frisky.

BW:80.0kg, need to put on another 2.5kg If I'm to weightlift then powerlift on Saturday. The other way would be gay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Mcdonalds bloat beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

ugh, tried out low bars

Why are you doing this? :p Nevermind... don't answer. Good luck, I'll be there in spirit.

Yo Token, I put your video of your squat up...........

*cries*

• Advertisement

Wednesday December 10th

Hercs Club Championships

Powerlifting:

Squat
    110/117.5/122.5x

Bench
    80/85/90x

Deadlift
    140/150/155

Weightlifting:

Snatch
    70x/70/75

Clean & Jerk
    90/96x/96

I'm declaring myself the champion of the hercs club championships due to the fact I'm the only one that powerlifted and weightlifted after Dead Ed's walk out of defiance. I was gonna bodybuild then for the triple threat but I hadn't worked on my peak vascularity :pac:

I've been f*cked with man flu since Thursday but I'm too stupid and ignorant to let something like that make me pull out. I did two crossfit competitions sick as well so I've done a lot dumber sh*t in the past. I was only doing it for the craic anyway, had to lower the weights on everything though. I was hoping for squat, deadlift pb previously in the week and outside chance of snatch/c&j pb but wasn't gonna happen after that. Powerlifting then weightlifting isn't recommended either.

I think that's the start and end of my illustrious powerlifting career. At least in weightlifting I can half wing it with the technique involved and having a bit of speed but with powerlifting there's no denying I'm absolutely piss weak. Ah well.

Gonna take a few days off training because I'm wrecked. If I feel half human by Wednesday I might try a powersnatch max.

I'm ridden with the Philidelphia flu and look this guy

Tom-Hanks-Philadelphia-580x386.jpg

So no training this week but I was at home and walked by my kettlebells and decided to mess with them as you do. Messed around with the 16kg a bit then...

Single Arm Krazyball Press
    1@2pood f*cking yes!
    2x1@2pood just to be sure, 1 min rest

2pood is 32kg for any capitalist pig dogs reading this log.

I'm so f*cking happy it's flipped my emo week completely on it's head. F*ck you aids! I try this every couple of months and have always failed this is the first time I've made it. Whoop.

EDIT: Just did a triple with it. haha. I don't know why my pressing strength has suddenly gone up.

EDIT: Just did a triple with it. haha. I don't know why my pressing strength has suddenly gone up.

it's the "WTH" effect, comrade...

...you owe pavel four thousand roubles now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Ed sure looks like Tom Hanks in that pic.

let's hope his bank manager thinks the same thing.

Sunday 25th December

I've either been sick or woken up in a ditch the past while so no training. I tried a wave intensity cycle of replacing most of my calorie intake with alcohol to try kill the flu I had. Despite many noble efforts I'm left unimpressed by it's effectiveness but just to be on the safe side Imma try it for another week just to be sure.

Single Arm Krazyball Press @ left noodle arm
    1@2pood