Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

That was a fantastic episode. Really gripping right up until the end.

A question on spoilers; are spoiler tags really necessary in a thread thats clearly marked **spoilers**?
    Because if any serious discussion of the episodes are to be had in this thread, the page is going to look like one giant greyed-out redaction....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

That was a fantastic episode. Really gripping right up until the end.

A question on spoilers; are spoiler tags really necessary in a thread thats clearly marked **spoilers**?
    Because if any serious discussion of the episodes are to be had in this thread, the page is going to look like one giant greyed-out redaction....

Probably fair enough. I tend to use them if I'm writing the first post on a newly released episode, in case the thread update is someone's first indication that the episode it out, if you know what I mean?

How many more episodes are there this season? Sh*t's getting real. Cannot wait for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I think it's safer to use spoilers for the first b day or so since this show has been getting released at different times and this is sometimes how people find out.

2 episodes left, which will air as a double episode on Friday

So, do we think the Red Lotus are going to be around for Book 4? It'd be a shame to see them go, such interesting villains. Hoping that Books 3 and 4 have been planned out with more of an overall story arc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I don't think the Red Lotus storyline is anywhere near being wrapped up for them to not reappear in the next season. I am really curious to see how this season will end though.

I'm also holding out hope that Korra will somehow reconnect with the rest of the avatar line. I dunno how that may be possible (perhaps similar to how Aang healed the "avatar spirit" by speaking with the last 4 iterations?) but I would love to see that connection restored

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Probably fair enough. I tend to use them if I'm writing the first post on a newly released episode, in case the thread update is someone's first indication that the episode it out, if you know what I mean?
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's safer to use spoilers for the first b day or so since this show has been getting released at different times and this is sometimes how people find out.

2 episodes left, which will air as a double episode on Friday

Thanks, that makes perfect sense.

And I'm so excited for the double finale. Bring. It. ON!
    The fact that this season seems so short only speaks to how much I've been enjoying it :)

I'm also holding out hope that Korra will somehow reconnect with the rest of the avatar line. I dunno how that may be possible (perhaps similar to how Aang healed the "avatar spirit" by speaking with the last 4 iterations?) but I would love to see that connection restored

Yeah, it's such a profound loss. It was nice to see Korra actually mention it in the latest episode. They might pull some magic deus ex avatar spirit mumbo to repair the link, although I'd be surprised if they did to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Finally caught up with the season and it's been phenomenal. I think this season has been the strongest from both Korra and TLA with some real standout action and dark moments. Red Lotus has been a real menace. Can't wait for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jasnah

To be honest, I've found Korra very underwhelming since season one (with season two being especially bad) but the finale of season three was excellent and looks to have set things up for a very interesting book four.

Oh my god what an outstanding finale. Cements Book 3 of Korra as the best Avatar season by far in my opinion. Everything from the entire season tied together perfectly. Amazing stuff.

So many moments where I actually clapped/laughed/cheered:
    Bolin lavabending
    Su taking care of Sparky Sparky Boom Lady LIKE AN ABSOLUTE BOSS
    Mako's lightning
    Korra going all rage avatar on the Red Lotus

RE: ending
    Are we to assume that lavabender and waterarms died in the temple, leaving Zaheer the sole survivor of the four?
    Seems like they're setting up more Red Lotus threat for the next season. Hopefully we'll get to see more Zuko/Fire nation.
    Things got a bit shakey in Book 2, but Korra's character development has been great. The final scene of her in her wheelchair really emphasised for me how she's grown into a proper Avatar since Book 1. Makes me proud!

• Advertisement

Wow, what an absolutely amazing season for me. Both of the final two episodes were just non stop build up. Actually the whole season was just one huge build up that did not disappoint. Breathtaking stuff altogether :p Nearly in tears there at the end.
    Tenzin rubbing his chin looks like he's got some ideas when the president and zuko wandering what's going to happen with the avatar in a wheelchair.
    A Neurotic wrote: »

RE: ending
    Are we to assume that lavabender and waterarms died in the temple, leaving Zaheer the sole survivor of the four?

Yes, that's what I took from it.

Well that was an upbeat ending. :eek:
    All Red Lotus members but Zaheer are dead, as far as I'm concerned. But having the one blow herself up was great and not showing it was pretty effective.
    Bolin lavabending was cool. Actually I'm enjoying seeing all these bending expansions, like flight, lavabending, electricity and now flight.
    Brilliant fight scenes throughout both episodes.
    Wonder what that new character they introduced will be doing later on. Though strange timing since she was voiced by Zelda Williams

Overall I look forward to Book Four whenever that may be.

red dave wrote: »
    Nearly in tears there at the end.

Scratch the "nearly" part for me!

Wonderful, heart-stopping stuff. This show really is too good for Nick.

And
    Did anyone else get a quick flash-back of Aang when Jinora pulled back her hood? I was hoping she'd shave her head all season!

Rumours floating around that Book 4 will be released all at once in January 2015. That seems very soon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Rumours floating around that Book 4 will be released all at once in January 2015. That seems very soon.
    Believable though surely since we got both Books Two and Three this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched most of season 3 over the weekend. What a treat. The last three episodes were utterly jawdropping.

Missing Korra yet?
    Well she's back on October 3rd. As in this year. 3 weeks from Friday. :)

The final book called Book Four - Balance.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/09/11/the-legend-of-korra-book-four-premiere-date-announced

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Missing Korra yet?
    Well she's back on October 3rd. As in this year. 3 weeks from Friday. :)

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/09/11/the-legend-of-korra-book-four-premiere-date-announced

Good thing about it going off TV and only online then.

Wow what a treat. So every Friday they will air a new episode online rather than all of them together at once. Not long to wait at all....awesome!

CastorTroy wrote:
    Missing Korra yet? Well she's back on October 3rd. As in this year. 3 weeks from Friday. 

CastorTroy wrote:

Just saw the announcement on Facebook. Amazing.

• Advertisement

So with 13 episodes airing weekly, that would bring us up to Dec 26th. Maybe a double episode to begin and double to end so it's over before Christmas.

Wow talk about soon! This is pretty exciting :D

I nearly fell off my chair when I read this. Absolutely fantastic news.

Not to look a gift-horse in the mouth, but I wonder why Nick is burning them off so quickly like this........

It's a planned finish anyway so not being cancelled prematurely, so if they want to give it to us sooner, I won't complain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

I just hope the early finish doesn't mean it losses some quality.

Was just looking online and the decision was made a couple years ago for the series to run 52 episodes. So was planned in advance.

And being done by Studio Mir who did the majority of the episodes so far so the quality should still hold up

A clip from Book 4. Just came across it on Facebook so don't have a link other than this Facebook page. Nothing too spoiler-ish, although one persons "non-spoiler" is another persons "total-spoiler"

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=650936158339087

I wonder if they're going to go and show the death of Korra in season 4. If season 3 is anything to go by it wouldn't surprise me if did.

I wonder if they're going to go and show the death of Korra in season 4. If season 3 is anything to go by it wouldn't surprise me if did.

That would be disappointing. We know she's going to the Southern Water Tribe for her convalescence, so I'm hoping that while she's there she can repair her connection to the previous incarnations. Probably too far fetched, but I live in hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

That would be disappointing. We know she's going to the Southern Water Tribe for her convalescence, so I'm hoping that while she's there she can repair her connection to the previous incarnations. Probably too far fetched, but I live in hope.

Long time lurker on this thread, first time posting.

I'm in the middle of re-watching all of the Avatar series so far, and just finished Korra Book 2 last night. I finished it thinking that it'd fit well for Korra to recover her connection to the past Avatars in Book 4.

When she went into the Tree of Time initially, one of the memories she saw in there was of Wan, the first Avatar. This was after Unalaq had killed Rava, so it suggests there's some deep connection still there.

Given that Book 3 focused almost entirely on the Red Lotus and didn't really give time for any reflection on the spiritual fallout from Book 2, I think Book 4 is ripe for a return to that theme, especially when it's going to be called Balance.

Advertisement