Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Didn't Aang attempt to enter a similar state in the finale of Season 2? I'm almost certain he did; it's when Zukko's sister (cannot remember her name and too lazy to look it up on Google!) prevented it with lightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Someone on another board pointed out that as Unalaq died while in the avatar state, his avatar cycle is broken and he won't reincarnate with Vaatu.

Ah, yep, you're absolutely right. In the last episode of book two of Aang, when they thought they'd killed Aang while entering the avatar state they thought they'd killed the line altogether. Forgot about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I recall back in series 1 of The Legend of Aang The Last Airbender that they visted a temple of Roku on the solstice and Aang got to speak to Roku about the comet, well perhaps if Korra visits an Avatar temple on the solstice she can regain her connection as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

One other thing: I only just noticed in the intro to the finale that the four benders in the intro are the four most recent avatars: Kyoshi, Roku, Aang, and Korra. I always just presumed they were generic benders from each respective area with Korra thrown in for the craic. Feeling stupid now...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who wants to see the trailer for Book 3?

No airdate yet, though

• Advertisement

Woah, amazing trailer.
    Did we see loads of new air benders, including Bumi? And an old man dressed in fire nation garb with a burned face...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive never seen any Avatar episodes, is it a bit dated now to start watching from the start or do people still recommend it? Attack on Titan would be the only similar thing Ive watched but I enjoyed that...

Thargor wrote: »
    Ive never seen any Avatar episodes, is it a bit dated now to start watching from the start or do people still recommend it? Attack on Titan would be the only similar thing Ive watched but I enjoyed that...

No, it's great, thoroughly recommended. My girlfriend just watched The Last Airbender this year and loved it, age 23.

The first season is a bit kiddy, but stick with it and it's really rewarding.

Thanks, looking forward to it now, last question should I look for a subtitled release or is the English dub how its meant to be watched?

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks, looking forward to it now, last question should I look for a subtitled release or is the English dub how its meant to be watched?

It's not actually an animé! It's an American production, by Nickelodeon. So recorded in English.

• Advertisement

Ah I never knew that thanks, been avoiding spoilers for years so never looked.

For those who can't wait too much longer, you're in luck.

Book 3 starts on June 27th with 3 episodes. There's a break on July 4th then back for a regular slot on July 11th

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/20/exclusive-the-legend-of-korra-book-three-premiere-date-announcement-and-clip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For those who can't wait too much longer, you're in luck.

Book 3 starts on June 27th with 3 episodes. There's a break on July 4th then back for a regular slot on July 11th

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/20/exclusive-the-legend-of-korra-book-three-premiere-date-announcement-and-clip

Was about to post this. The show REALLY picked up after Beginnings (IMHO the best episodes of any Avatar series). I'm interested to see ramifications of the end of Season 2. Cannot wait. Had not seen that official trailer before now though. Awesome (1:17 - One flashback, one present day no doubt. Giggidy!).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

so first 3 episodes have aired.

sort of mixed on it so far feels like they are spinning their wheels abit to pad things out.

I liked the first 3 episodes. Thought it set everything up nicely for the season.

When they went to the house of the guy who lives in the basement I was thinking it sounded like Napoleon Dynamite, so was happy to see it was him in a random funny appearance.
    Then hearing Michelangelo as Mako and Bolin's cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Oh I really enjoyed the first three episodes and I've a good feeling about this season so far. It already feels like its righted many of the wrongs from season 2 (steadier tone, story has more immediate direction, Korra is happily more sympathetic). Also a huge bonus is the fact that Studio Mir will be animating the entire season, so none of that strangely off-kilter animation from the earlier half of season two.

Its a such a shame that the creators weren't given the same trust and freedom to plan out a series-spanning arc for Korra from the outset, like with The Last Airbender, which had a beautifully mapped out (and nicely paced) run.

Episode 4 is incredible! This is shaping up to be Korra's best season by far, and I was a big fan of the first two.

Episode 5 aired as well, in case you didn't know. Looks like we're getting double episodes every week.

Episode 4 had great action. Hard to tell but does that water bender have arms or does she just always have water covering them as we see Kya do in episode 5?
    Episode 5 then told us
    Toph could still be alive. Though, not to be judgemental, but did really not know either of her kids' fathers? Anyway, it means we could get some of the original team back with Toph, Zuko and Katara.
    Opal must have felt very lonely and an outsider up until now, seemingly being the only non bender in her family. Though dunno if her dad had bending.
    And good to see Kya able to hold her own in a fight against a strong opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Episode 5 aired as well, in case you didn't know. Looks like we're getting double episodes every week.

Episode 4 had great action. Hard to tell but does that water bender have arms or does she just always have water covering them as we see Kya do in episode 5?
    Episode 5 then told us
    Toph could still be alive. Though, not to be judgemental, but did really not know either of her kids' fathers? Anyway, it means we could get some of the original team back with Toph, Zuko and Katara.
    Opal must have felt very lonely and an outsider up until now, seemingly being the only non bender in her family. Though dunno if her dad had bending.
    And good to see Kya able to hold her own in a fight against a strong opponent.

The water bender has no arms at all.

Surprised
    Korea is taking bai fongs sister's side so easily she's been misled once this season already and this was the whole crux of season 2's opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I'm just finished watching Korra book 1 and about to re-watch book 2. I actually watched Korra book 2 last season and then watched the last airbender before getting around to watch korra book 1. It was legend of korra that got me into this series.

Anyways....just seen this, Nickelodeon pulls the last 5 episodes. They're going to release them 'digitally'?

Nickelodeon have already ordered a season 4, so I'm hoping they release them on Netflix. I watched Avatar, the last airbender through Netflix.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/24/nickelodeon-pulls-upcoming-legend-of-korra-episodes?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

• Advertisement

^
    Hmm, I hope this doesn't force a change in direction for the forth season. I'm actually really enjoying season three so far!
    Its sad to see the numbers for Korra so low compared to previous seasons. There are precious few quality cartoons out there at the mo!

Well they said they'll be online only from next Friday with 1 episode a week. They noticed their audience is mostly online anyway and season 4 is still going to be shown

New episode here: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-209-full-episode.html
    Interesting revelations RE: Unalaq. Probably wasn't planned out to begin with but it makes sense to me that he'd be in the Red Lotus. Loving this season.

Episode 10: Long Live the Queen http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-210-full-episode.html
    That's some badass evil airbending.

Yep.
    Clearly a kids show when they show someone slowly suffocating to death, right down to the bloodshot eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Yep.
    Clearly a kids show when they show someone slowly suffocating to death, right down to the bloodshot eyes

Isn't that why it moved from a Saturday morning in S1 to Friday prime time after the S1 finale (explosion on the boat).
    Not for the young ones at all but one of the reasons it gets an adult audience.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yep.
    It's not just that though that makes it more adult: IMO it's the political message and themes that make it stand out more. How many other kids shows deal with the idea of tearing down established political structures in favour of anarchic movements?

^ I have to agree with ixoy there. The show has never been afraid to shy away from the big themes.
    There were so many little moments in this episode that I loved: Bolins humorous bonding with the captures, Asami finally being used effectively, the shocking spoiler-tagged bits mentioned above.
    I really think with this season they've managed to finally find a working dynamic between all the characters, that cuts out most of the tired soap opera love triangle stuff from season 1 & 2. The characters are really coming together now in a way that echoes the original Avatar series almost.
    And I have to take a moment and praise the incredible voice-actors. Having just looked them up on Wikipedia a minute ago, its nice to put faces to some of the voices. And how did I miss Anne Heches name in the credits?!

For this week's episode
    Great seeing Tenzin in action. Though I always wonder has Kya tried bending the tentacles off that other waterbender. Maybe she'll have more control

• Advertisement

Another class episode. Thought some of the dialogue/humour felt a bit flat in the first half but the action sequence at the end was unreal.

Tenzin is a hero.

Advertisement