Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Im in, never been to one of these! Might try and buy my old XBox off RHG :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

You going to be coming RHG dude?

What now? Who are you people...? What is this?

No... I am away. I was just trying to be helpful.... :(
    Shanley wrote:
    Im in, never been to one of these! Might try and buy my old XBox off RHG

Still have it dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Going to a gig in Roisin with Biko and his missus (and perhaps the famous tea towel) but might see you in O'C after if you're still around! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bornadventurer

Sounds like fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭christinab89

myself and the boyfriend will be headin :D see yous all sat nite for a mad one!!! haha:P:rolleyes::D;):):pac::cool::eek::o:p:rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 largehead

session.....see yous there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Okay guys, can we get a show of hands as to who is going on Sat night???
    8.30pm in O'Connells in Eyre Sq.

Myself and hubby will be there...
    Just post +1 if you are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

I will be there. How will I recognise ye?

'We accept her, one of us; we accept her, one of us'

Freaks

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

il be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Okay guys, can we get a show of hands as to who is going on Sat night???
    8.30pm in O'Connells in Eyre Sq.

Myself and hubby will be there...
    Just post +1 if you are :)

I won't know until tomorrow eve if I can make it or not but I hopefully will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Hollow Man

So how will we know each other is there someone bring this infamous tea towel or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Howdy folks!

I'll be tonight after Xfactor,so at about half 9.Whoever is arriving for half 8,bring a tea towel or something similar and put it at the corner of the table for identification purposes :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

El_Drago wrote: »
    Howdy folks!

I'll be tonight after Xfactor,so at about half 9.Whoever is arriving for half 8,bring a tea towel or something similar and put it at the corner of the table for identification purposes :D

Will 10 people turn up with tea towels now? :pac:

that's it, everybody, don't forget your towel! :cool:

Something has come up and I won't be at this. Have an awesome time though!

I'm in bits with allergies!!!:(
    I'm so annoyed cos I was really looking forward to this and going out with hubby for his birthday, instead he is gonna have to settle for a chinese takeaway and x-factor along with a sniffly missus......

Mactard wrote: »
    Will 10 people turn up with tea towels now? :pac:

that's it, everybody, don't forget your towel! :cool:

O yea didn't even think about that :P

Are many even going to this or what then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

:( Can't make it either, hopefully next time though.

So is anybody still goin??

Well I dropped in for a pint and there was no one there

Hollow Man wrote: »
    Ya same as that saw no one around

• Advertisement

So sorry guys:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Me too. Not to worry. Next time :)

Well I have to say I won't be wasting my money again. The amount of people that said they were goin in it's not a coincidence that they didn't. Just pure laziness. Count me out u only get one chance with me

Well I have to say I won't be wasting my money again. The amount of people that said they were goin in it's not a coincidence that they didn't. Just pure laziness. Count me out u only get one chance with me

Well to be fair, you have to take into account the weather - it was a horrible night! O Connells is a great place, but only because of the beer garden. Otherwise the pub itself is too small to accommodate something like a Beers. Next time hold it somewhere else!

Well to be fair, you have to take into account the weather - it was a horrible night! O Connells is a great place, but only because of the beer garden. Otherwise the pub itself is too small to accommodate something like a Beers. Next time hold it somewhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭RichT

Ya same as that saw no one around
    bigtuna wrote: »
    Me too. Not to worry. Next time :)

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

This is what always happens, it's why I gave up saying I'd go, because I'd arrange my evening, lifts/bus etc and then everyone would back out at 6pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

This always happens.

The only time it didn't happen was when there was a ladies meet in the cottage. Some turn out that time.

In fairness to myself I was at the last beers meeting in O'Connells only 3 weeks ago. It was my first one but genuinely yesterday I was in bits with allergies. Tried to go to see the "rise of the planet of the apes" at 4pm cos I knew by then I was in no state to go out but I was sooooo fecked sneezing with blinding headaches that I even gave up on that idea and went home.....

I'm living 25km away so if I'm going out i need to be sure as I can't just head away home!

• Advertisement

It happened again!
    Is it simply down to pure laziness?Not so much. Considering that the weather was utter ****e,I can see how some people may have changed their minds. Meet-ups like this falling apart aren't exclusive to the Galway City forum,they happen in almost every forum on here that organizes them.

Advertisement