Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yeah fluffy I'm the same, I don't live in the city so it takes planning etc, and I'd sometimes be literally ready to leave and I'd see people start to jump ship on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

anybody work nights?

I work quite a few late shifts and mostly end up working off a different timescale to everyone else.... Boring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

anybody work nights?

I work quite a few late shifts and mostly end up working off a different timescale to everyone else.... Boring

I do at the weekend, which means that I can never go to Boards beers, as they're almost always on a Saturday night. I wonder would many people be interested in a few week day/night beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

moonflower wrote: »
    I do at the weekend, which means that I can never go to Boards beers, as they're almost always on a Saturday night. I wonder would many people be interested in a few week day/night beers?

I work some weekdays nd some weekends so I wud be interested in a few week day/night beers.

Hi. 24 year old male who moved to Galway a lil over a month ago. Wud like to meet people to go out for a few beers with and just have the craic. If your interested just drop me a reply.. Cheers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

im up for it. id suggest organising something for tomorrow nite seen as its saturday but probably a bit short notice having said that when u organise to far in advance ppl tend to drop out and it never goes ahead. any one up for a few tomorrow nite then??? :) ha

id be on for a few tomorrow nite anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kat007

Okay, ignoring what happened last week...or whenever it was; three of us are meeting at 9.30 at the door of the Skeff on Eyre Square tomorrow (Saturday) night for a few drinks and I for one will DEFINITELY be there!

Give me a text if you want to know where we are later <phone number snipped, this is to protect you from phone spammers and pervs, don't post your number on public forums>

Slán tamall,

Katie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 julio_delg

sounds good, I may join the group. I moved to Galway only one month ago, and haven't had a very active life, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hanron

Oh now, this might work! I had a very quiet Friday and I don't want the same to happen tonight! Might see you later :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Canadiangirl21

Hi everyone,
    I just moved to Galway from Canada and I'm looking for opportunities to meet people and make some friends. Any social events going on that people know of that I could go to? Or any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Perhaps you could give some indication of what you're "into"?
    Eg. Going drinking/playing chess/playing rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with general social thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I don't believe I have any plans for the weekend coming, might have to ramble out for a pint, whos with me?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll say yes, with a but*

*like anything if a bunch of people jump ship hours beforehand I won't bother my arse. I don't live in galway city anymore so actually attending a beers requires a bit of prep on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

I'd be up for a meet up. Iv been in Galway a month and a half. 20 dont really have time for nights out as my college schedule dosnt have any late starts:(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Will we give it another go? Anyone up for drinks in O'C this Friday? I'll bring a towel for the table or get up on the table and shout 'boards' if I forget the towel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It'll be raining though. How about somewhere with an indoors?

Ficheall wrote: »
    It'll be raining though. How about somewhere with an indoors?

Good point :( where else would be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Soo...the oul weekend is nearing..and no plans have been made..:)

• Advertisement

Heading to Roisin on Friday if someone wants to join.

4 of us went to see Maverick Sabre, and then a few more drink in Massimos after.
    Pretty good night.

biko wrote: »
    4 of us went to see Maverick Sabre, and then a few more drink in Massimos after.
    Pretty good night.

Brilliant night :) Didn't know Maverick Sabre but I'm a fan now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 beautybysarah

Do you guys regularly meet up in Galway?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Do you guys regularly meet up in Galway?? :)

Unfortunately these things don't happen very often.However,during the few meet ups that the forum has had some people have made a few friends who they meet up with regularly. Seeing as Christmas is near and there has been a bit of a resurgence of activity in this thread,maybe it's time that another meet up is organised??

The problem with organizing meet ups is that people get disappointed if the numbers don't turn up. The best thing to do is just to organize semi-spontaneous beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The problem with organizing meet ups is that people get disappointed if the numbers don't turn up. The best thing to do is just to organize semi-spontaneous beers.

See you in Dew Drop in 5 minutes.

Hey. Would anyone be interested in a few drinks tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sunshine22

El_Drago wrote: »
    Seeing as Christmas is near and there has been a bit of a resurgence of activity in this thread,maybe it's time that another meet up is organised??
    Ya we should, how about late November or early December???? Thats long enough for people to plan and close enough for people to be spontanious :)

• Advertisement

Try to come up with a few dates and locations. Then I'll put up a separate thread with poll.

Advertisement