Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Yep, it's Wednesday. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

OldGoat wrote: »
    Dinner in the Trocadero planned for tonight. Damn me and my stoopid NotDrinkingforAYear idea, the Troc do a fine martini.

Why not forward the clock in your laptop, watch, mobile and don't look at any public timepieces. And ask for your bill to be hand written - thereby excluding the date. Then all should be fine. Prost!

I'd lose face infront of Mrs.Goat and she'd never ever let me live it down. She'd gleefully facebork humilate me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I'd lose face infront of Mrs.Goat and she'd never ever let me live it down. She'd gleefully facebork humilate me. :o

Get her drunk first. She won't notice then. ;)

Nothing escapes her attention, ever. She is attuned to everything I do, say or think. She is listening to my thoughts right now and is forming her response and laying her plans. When she plays chess she dosen't think 2 or 3 or 4 moves ahead, she plans GAMES ahead.
    Often I've been greeted with "You lost"
    Errrr, what?
    "The game of chess we will play next Tuesday, you lose it."
    Oh, OK then. :o

• Advertisement

Not tried cheating yet OG?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Rubecula wrote: »
    Not tried cheating yet OG?

Yes, if it's medicinal it doesn't count as a drink.

Everyone knows that martinis can't be beaten as a cure for... er...

Yes, if it's medicinal it doesn't count as a drink.

Everyone knows that martinis can't be beaten as a cure for... er...

...most things relating to losing at chess??

Had a few Smithwicks during/after QPR's 3 - 0 win. A few more wins and we're safe. :D

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

The mills of God grind slowly ............ but they are getting faster

Got my Resident's Permit from the postman just now ............ so am fully settled in.

Bright sunshine and budding trees and typical Spring weather forecasted for the next week. A few places not far from here had 6" snow last Monday night!

• Advertisement

Am being hero worshipped by the hounds .......... gave them mac 'n cheese instead of the usual dog food. Discipline has come a long way since I keep a shaky biscuit bag inside the porch door. A few good shakes and they come flying ............. so Sammy is almost out of danger of going to the pound. I wonder if she heard us discussing same a few weeks ago as the change in behaviour has been seismic.

Spread wrote: »
    Discipline has come a long way since I keep a shaky biscuit Medication bag inside the door. A few good shakes and they come flying .............
    Just like Nurse and I. :cool:

Just like Nurse and I. :cool:

Indeed, I can hear the 'slip slop' of your slippers right now OG as you rush for another Rusk off Nursey.

(The box is always empty by the time I get there, I am sure you are having too many.)

Rubecula wrote: »
    Indeed, I can hear the 'slip slop' of your slippers right now OG as you rush for another Rusk off Nursey.

(The box is always empty by the time I get there, I am sure you are having too many.)
    /pats fat belly contentedly :)

/pats fat belly contentedly :)

Does she bring up your wind/burps? Just remember the ozone layer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Spread wrote: »
    Does she bring up your wind/burps? Just remember the ozone layer :D

Ugh! Take the image awaaaaay!

Good night!

Just wondering if everyone survived Friday 13th?

Unless there is a cataclysmic collapse in opponents form we will be playing in

the Championship again next year.

If anyone is into Special Novenas - please mention QPR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Good morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Morning all :)

lovely and sunny, Spread hope the forecasted Tornados arent anywhere near you. Mind you apparently there was one in Bray yesterday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I'm still here! (if anyone is even interested!, sniffles)

I am always interested in the doings of my fellow O & O's. It gives us plenty to gossip about over morning biscuits and tea. And if you don't tell us, we can make it up anyway.

After a couple of days looking, bought a used truck today. If you think secondhand salesmen in Ireland are the divil you should try here. One fellow gave me one price in the lot, another price by eMail and had a third in the local paper. A margin of 60%! Eventually got one that I liked and was right price. You get a 10 day plate to have everything up to standard and test passed. The test is on your birthday - not the vehicle's.

Good morning folks. My rib hurt like someone rammed a hot poker into me but it is getting better slowly.......

What happened Galen?

Apparently someone ran a hot poker into his ribs. :p

I walked into a swinging door, I hit my head too but fortunately there was nothing in it lol

Ramette wrote: »
    Morning all :)

lovely and sunny, Spread hope the forecasted Tornados arent anywhere near you. Mind you apparently there was one in Bray yesterday morning!

None in this latitude until September (I think) ......... Oklahoma is the place to be if you want to do your whirling dervish act :D. There were over 120 funnels that touched down yesterday. But today 'round here is set to go to 31C (or 87*F in the lingua franca:p)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement