Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Probably no-one noticed but I was afk the last few days. Drama all round. Hubby hauled into hospital (not great, but its an on-going thing) on Saturday. Modem expires Saturday evening. Also phone. Finally establish its the banjaxed modem that's causing problems with phone. Daughter in law helpfully mows lawn on Sunday, lawnmower dies. Meanwhile discover hot water is - well, not hot - still trying to contact plumber. Eircom will send new modem. Running in and out to hospital. Someone coming tomorrow to install oxygen system in house so hubby can come home. Meanwhile trying to find homes for junk so that spare room can be turned into downstairs bedroom. Too much junk, buy mini-skip. New modem comes, install, yay, contact with the world.

So hi there, I'm back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Welcome back looksee! Hope all goes well and that hubby will be home shortly. Good luck with the clear out ........... and with the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

looksee, my heart goes out to you with all your problems. Hope hubby will be on the mend soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

looksee wrote: »
    Probably no-one noticed but I was afk the last few days.
    /Scratches head
    Do I know you?

Good to have you back looksee. And remember that the O2 bottle is a godsend for hangovers. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

looksee wrote: »
    Probably no-one noticed but I was afk the last few days. Drama all round. Hubby hauled into hospital (not great, but its an on-going thing) on Saturday. Modem expires Saturday evening. Also phone. Finally establish its the banjaxed modem that's causing problems with phone. Daughter in law helpfully mows lawn on Sunday, lawnmower dies. Meanwhile discover hot water is - well, not hot - still trying to contact plumber. Eircom will send new modem. Running in and out to hospital. Someone coming tomorrow to install oxygen system in house so hubby can come home. Meanwhile trying to find homes for junk so that spare room can be turned into downstairs bedroom. Too much junk, buy mini-skip. New modem comes, install, yay, contact with the world.

So hi there, I'm back!

Welcome back Looksee, and yes you were missed. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles and I send you my fondest wishes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Welcome back Looksee, I hope hubbie is on the mend soon.

Thank you all for your good wishes. Hubby is a case study in why you should give up smoking sooner rather than later. Right! need to go and move some more 'stuff'.

This is the way I move 'stuff' out of the house. I leave it until I can't get past it and have to scramble over it. Then I start my therapy sessions, i.e. watching 'Hoarders' and 'Get Your House In Order' on the telly. Then I think I'm not as bad as them, and only then do I get de-junking. Don't know where I'd be without those telly programmes! :D

Goodnight, Good Friday and Good Moaning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Have a good Easter Weekend all.

• Advertisement

Ok, I am being haunted, or something.

Apart from hubby being hospitalised (he is now home, oxygen installed etc), since last Saturday my modem died - Eircom replaced. The mower expired - got a new one. The heating packed up - waiting for plumber. And now my mobile phone - about 6 months old Nokia - has packed up. What next?

Happy Easter everyone! Out here, because of separation of Church and State it is just another weekend ......... no days off. Although there are 15 different denomination churches in the local town (all with good attendances)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Whereas here, we've all taken the day off*, but nobody's gone to church.

Off-licences were being EMPTIED yesterday due to the fear of not getting a drink today. So I suppose everyone is at home slugging back the alcohol.

hic!

*and it's not even a bank holiday/public holiday.

Off to the cot. Did anyone else see the huge moon last night?

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

And a massive Happy Easter Sunday to all my friends on O & O

OG stop eating all those eggs you know it is bad for you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Happy Easter everyone :)

My mother ate most of my egg :cool: but that's okay i have a nice Shiraz to look forward to with dinner.

It's almost 8pm on Easter Sunday night and nary a bit of chocolate has passed my lips yet - that must be a record for me as usually I've had a couple of eggs by now. Must be getting sense in my old age! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    It's almost 8pm on Easter Sunday night and nary a bit of chocolate has passed my lips yet - that must be a record for me as usually I've had a couple of eggs by now. Must be getting sense in my old age! :(
    I wish I'd had you sense JB

Jellybaby1 wrote: »

It's not the lips that are an issue JB1...:p

cocolate-mask.jpg

Cicero wrote: »
    It's not the lips that are an issue JB1...:p

cocolate-mask.jpg

Hey, I wondered who had taken my photograph!! :D Yum de yum yum!! Off to get choccie now.

• Advertisement

Oh dear...I've ruined your chocolate -less day...woops...:D

That all right Cicero. I was doomed from the start anyway. No way would I see Easter Monday without Choccie all over my kisser! :D

As a child I thought that easter egg chocolate before breakfast on Easter Sunday morning tasted quite different to any other chocolate! I don't eat chocolate at all now, so it has been a choccy-free zone for me today.

Ate all of my one and only egg. Feeling sicky now! :(

Good Moaning everyone! :)

Jasus, things are a little hectic in God's Waiting Room tonight. Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Ah spread I logged in to see all the posts!!!
    Morning all :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Dinner in the Trocadero planned for tonight. Damn me and my stoopid NotDrinkingforAYear idea, the Troc do a fine martini.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Is there an Occasion, OG?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement