Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

It's no different here in the west :) I'd go back to bed if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

My gawd Anglesey is in a freezer right now, or at least it feels like, and the wind has blades in it. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Wish the wet bit would go away too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I had baked beans for dinner last night... didnt think it would result in all this wind:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,078 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bit damp and breezy in the south-east, but not what you would call windy, and not desperately cold either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Central heating on. Lit the fire. Am wrapped up in a blanket.

It's bloody winter here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Anyone want some water? I got loads where I am right now...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

Spread wrote: »
    Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

Ditto :D

Early night as signing for house at 7AM;)

Is this where my retirement ends?

Have fun Spread, are you excited yet?

Oh and good moaning to you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

And Good Morning to all, at a civilized hour! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffe...
    Ahhhhhhhh.
    :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Big steaming mug of Lyons tea, hounds walked, ear hairs trimmed (:D) and off to the Attorney with Realtor (estate agent) before heading to McDonalds to, er, celebrate with Egg McMuffins etc. Still worried about my retirement coming to an end ......... so help me God :)

OG, am glad that the wife finally heard your plaintive Gregorian Chant for coffee

Oops, HSH is shouting at the door.

She's still adjusting. She is more used to hearing my usual Gingingingingingingin cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Spread wrote: »
    Ditto :D

Early night as signing for house at 7AM;)

Is this where my retirement ends?

Signing for house? Did you have a house delivered? :D What do you mean, 'retirement ends' by the way?

OldGoat wrote: »
    Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffe...
    Ahhhhhhhh.
    :cool:

Good lord OG you have had too much already methinks, get down off the ceiling you fool before you hurt yourself. That swinging on the chandeliers was fine 25, 35, 45 years ago, but now you will only put your back out.

Coffee has a lot to answer for!!

NURSE, OG needs his pills again.

Who signs anything at 7am?

Just finished with my last class - retirement here I come - well after the marking and the meetings and interviews and ....so on

Congratulations and commersations. Delighted for ya to finally put all that work stuff behind you but at the same time I know you'll be feeling a bit empty inside for a while. Gin helps. :cool:

Does this mean you are going to be online all the time now?
    /Lazy modding days ahead for OG :D

OldGoat wrote: »
    Congratulations and commersations. Delighted for ya to finally put all that work stuff behind you but at the same time I know you'll be feeling a bit empty inside for a while. Gin helps. :cool:

Does this mean you are going to be online all the time now?
    /Lazy modding days ahead for OG :D

Nooooo - weaning myself off de interwebs a bit. What am I doing here now?...

Good luck to you Looksee whatever the future holds I hope it is wonderful for you.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Signing for house? Did you have a house delivered? :D What do you mean, 'retirement ends' by the way?

Sign the sales agreement papers in the Attorney's office, including a kind of codicil as the house was sold "as is". This generally means that it is in a mess. Sooooooo, it will take me about six months to do it up .......... I had retired from the building game about 18 months ago and will start the renovation after my holidays in The Kingdom. Woe is me .......... but there is a genuine frisson of excitement about it.
    looksee wrote: »
    Who signs anything at 7am?

Just finished with my last class - retirement here I come - well after the marking and the meetings and interviews and ....so on

The work starts early out here :D

Congrats on your retirement!

O blest retirement, friend to life's decline,
    Retreats from care, that never must be mine,
    How blest is she who crowns, in shades like these,
    A youth of labour with an age of ease;
    Who quits a world where strong temptations try,
    And, since 'tis hard to combat, learns to fly!
    For her no wretches, born to work and weep,
    Explore the mine, or tempt the dangerous deep;
    No surly porter stands, in guilty state,
    To spurn imploring famine from the gate;
    But on she moves to meet her latter end,
    Angels around befriending virtue's friend;
    Sinks to the grave with unperceived decay,
    While resignation gently slopes the way;
    And, all her prospects brightening to the last,
    Her heaven commences ere the world be past!

with apologies to O Goldsmith

Goodnight and Good Moaning:)

• Advertisement

Oh, Cheers, Spread, I feel better for that!

Rather than going on to meet my latter end, however, I am going to spend most of the day dressed as a Viking on Waterford quay! Better go and iron my wimple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Congrats Looksee ...I wish you many years of happiness ..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Looksee, now you are retired you will be rushed off your feet! Congrats! I had to look up 'wimple' - very fetching!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Looksee, now you are retired you will be rushed off your feet! Congrats! I had to look up 'wimple' - very fetching!

In the interests of historical accuracy, Viking women didn't really wear wimples, but its such a lovely word. I felt obliged to buy some wimple pins just because I could...I have no real use for them :D They did wear a kind of linen veil/cap thing.

You could wear a wimple to a burlesque show and no-one would concider it out of place. :) You never know who or what might supprise you at a show. :)

I am really getting worried about you OG, you seem to know a lot about wimples and burlesque shows.

What is your stage name? :D:D:D

Does the word wimple come from wimpledon?

Anyway, here is one explanation. I like the way GU Bulgaria gets animated.

WOMBLES ........... take it away:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=5sI1x8ZrBrY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Wow I am sitting in my car in greystones. The waves are HUGE crashing against the rocks:)

I love this kinda weather though Rube you must be blown out of it in your neck of the woods?

I made the mistake of living in the windiest place I could find Ramette, and the wind usually (in fact 90% of the time) goes hell for leather directly up my street.

If I want a little wild fun I can go along the Holyhead breakwater and watch the waves (when they are not breaking over the top of it LOL )

I can also pop along to South Stack and look down the cliffs at the rough seas.

Generally, I wrap up warm and do not venture out if I can avoid it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Well, the feedback thread suggested that we lurkers say hello in this thread, so here I am, saying hello :) Been lurking a while, in between visits to AH, where I feel like Methuselah - can't breathe in there for the hormones!

Anyways - think I qualify for here 'cos I am (unbelievably, to me) 52. 53 in June. Married, 0 kids (didn't want them), 1 husband, 2 dogs, 3 cats. Still waiting to grow up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement