Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all even though (bah! humbug!) I'm not a fan of it. So the corridors of God's Waiting Room has some company after all. Don't think there is anyone in the corridors of Dail Eireann today, in fact they all manage to escape every 17th March to much more attractive locations. Correct me if I'm wrong, did someone from the Royal Irish Academy on RTE radio this week say that there was no such person as St. Patrick? I might have been squiffy on tea at the time (if you know me by now, you know I'm not joking).

Besides all my grumps, I am looking forward to Spread's photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to all even though (bah! humbug!) I'm not a fan of it. So the corridors of God's Waiting Room has some company after all. Don't think there is anyone in the corridors of Dail Eireann today, in fact they all manage to escape every 17th March to much more attractive locations. Correct me if I'm wrong, did someone from the Royal Irish Academy on RTE radio this week say that there was no such person as St. Patrick? I might have been squiffy on tea at the time (if you know me by now, you know I'm not joking).

Besides all my grumps, I am looking forward to Spread's photos.

Er, yes, JB its Saturday. ;) And what do the RIA know about St Patrick anyway - if they saw 'Give up yer ould sins' earlier they would know exactly who St Patrick was! (love those cartoons)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

I am not a fan of god or gods either - each to their own but Paddy's day is a great way to meet real in the flesh people. Now all I need now is a nice woman to cuddle up to who doesn't mind that I'm an atheist. Happy Paddy's day all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

*scrubbing away like mad to get the green dye off*

Anyone got an idea how to remove this false reddish beard?

*oohh Arrgh Ouch ouch*

Perhaps that superglue was not such a good idea in the cold light of day.

I hope you all had a great and wonderful time.

You won't do that again with the superglue and all :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Janey, tis quiet in here....

Alice1 wrote: »
    Janey, tis quiet in here....

Zzzzzzzz. Shhhh Alice, they're all sleeping off the Paddy's weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

over here the village is full of excitement,its knott end on sea annual snail racing,its held at the working mans club,and starts at eight pm,last year i dident get to see the finish as i got drunk and went home at two am.[true]

Not a bleedin' soul up around here, where all these farmers hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

They're hiding from the atheist, Galen!

• Advertisement

They're hiding from the atheist, Galen!
    You've nailed it in one. JC

All the atheists may be going to hell, but we'll have so much fun there :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Good Morning!

First post here - Jellybaby1 told me to be good so I shall........

Did anybody notice it is summer outside?......

Real summer..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Galen wrote: »
    You've nailed it in one. JC

All the atheists may be going to hell, but we'll have so much fun there :-D
    old john was reading the births and death pages and noticed they had him down as dead,he phoned me to ask me if i had read them,i said yes,where are you phoning from ,

getz wrote: »
    old john was reading the births and death pages and noticed they had him down as dead,he phoned me to ask me if i had read them,i said yes,where are you phoning from ,
    Did you ask what heaven and hell's extensions were?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Good Morning!

First post here - Jellybaby1 told me to be good so I shall........

Did anybody notice it is summer outside?......

Real summer..:)

My Misses noticed well enough and has produced a To Do List as long as my arm. Down't she know it's a Grand Prix Weekend?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    My Misses noticed well enough and has produced a To Do List as long as my arm. Down't she know it's a Grand Prix Weekend?
    Had luck I'm afraid - perhaps she'll take pity on you

The child mentioned "wouldn't it be nice to have a bbq" (wouldn't dream of cleaning it though) but as I was saying...."There's a bit of a cold breeze"...with one eye on the telly..........as you do......

Hmmm seems to be a lot of those Grand Prix people around *glares at sitting room door*

getz wrote: »

Keats and Chapman were visiting heaven and as they strolled around the glorious gardens, Keats remarked "It seems very quiet here, I wonder where everybody is." Chapman answered him "Yes, there isn't a sinner in the place."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

An Irish bloke looking for a labourer's job on a site in Saff London. The foreman says that yes, they need labourers and could he accompany him to the office. "OK, I've got to ask you a couple of questions. If you've got a right angled triangle with two sides of 3' and 4' - what length is the third side?" "5' " says the Irish bloke. "That's correct. Now what's the difference between a joist and a girder?"
    The Irish fellow replied, "Joyce wrote Ulysses and Goethe wrote Faust".

Next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

So I says to the wife..."Does this smell like chloroform to you?"........

Wow, excuse my ignorance (seriously) but do you pronounce Goethe anything like girder? Genuine question, I have never heard Goethe spoken - I have just realised!

looksee wrote: »
    Wow, excuse my ignorance (seriously) but do you pronounce Goethe anything like girder? Genuine question, I have never heard Goethe spoken - I have just realised!

Neither have I, is it Go-eth? But if its similar to 'girder' then it might be something like "g-eth-eh!? Please put us out of our misery, how is it pronounced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Neither have I, is it Go-eth? But if its similar to 'girder' then it might be something like "g-eth-eh!? Please put us out of our misery, how is it pronounced?
    It's "g-eth-eh! - and remember this was in Saff London

Alice1 wrote: »
    It's "g-eth-eh! - and remember this was in Saff London

As opposed to Nohff London? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Hey all! Get a grip. :D Goethe is pronounced Guy teh. Incidentally a Cockney wiv Estuary english would call a girder a Guy deh

Am off up the apples and pears shortly to get some Bo after I drink this cuppa Rosie.

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

Spread wrote: »
    Am off up the apples and pears shortly to get some Bo

:eek:

:confused:

Ah yes, the saaf lundon explanantion works!

apples and pears - stairs, Bo - bo-peep - sleep, Rosie - Rosie Lee - tea!

(not London, but my mum used to say 'up the wooden hill' at bedtime)

looksee wrote: »
    Ah yes, the saaf lundon explanantion works!

apples and pears - stairs, Bo - bo-peep - sleep, Rosie - Rosie Lee - tea!

(not London, but my mum used to say 'up the wooden hill' at bedtime)

*Flashback*

The Father used to say "Time for Blanket Street......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I told the wife I was into black underwear....she didn't wash my underpants for three years after that...
    I never knew what it was like to sleep on my own until I got married.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement