Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I feel like Greta Garbo in here this morning. Still the quietness is, er, quiet. Here, a little bit of light reading for a ready ratification by ye - the rare, rumbunctious, rambunctious, real readership:

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V. :p

Just reading back ........... it's sad ............ one has become a minority/majority of one. ET go home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Ah you poor lad, Good afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Nice alliteration Spread:)
    Your updates are always entertaining and varied, from hounds to weather to building projects, i dont post as I have nothing of note to report at the moment.

And obviously OG being off the gargle has resulted in this place becoming very sedentary :D

And BBDBB must have donned a blue habit and joined the nuns!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

who is watching Chelsea and Barcelona in the champions league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ramette wrote: »
    And obviously OG being off the gargle has resulted in this place becoming very sedentary :D
    Sedentary? I've been chasing Nurse around the kitchen for the last half hour. Damn woman is supprisingly spry. :o

And don't think that nun reference went un-noticed either!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Sedentary? I've been chasing Nurse around the kitchen for the last half hour. Damn woman is supprisingly spry. :o

Poor Nurse - she really does put up with a lot, I do hope she gets a big pay packet dealing with all you frisky gentlemen

And don't think that nun reference went un-noticed either!

Why Mr OG whatever do you mean *she said innocently batting her eyelashes*

Sorry Hondasam I dont watch the foozeball....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Surprised they have time to play football, they have busily spammed everywhere on Boards, something like 15 posts in Arts and Crafts! Now how many footy fan fellas do you think regularly look at Arts and Crafts...

The spambots do the forums alphabetically. Aardvark, Anime, Art & Arch, Art & Craft... The 15 spams you saw in Arts & Crafts was the tip of the Spamberg.

Nice alliteration Spread:)
    Your updates are always entertaining and varied, from hounds to weather to building projects, i dont post as I have nothing of note to report at the moment.

And BBDBB must have donned a blue habit and joined the nuns!!

Not mine Ramette but thanks anyway. I came across the alliteration somewhere a few days ago and put it in my favs.

About having nothing of note to report ........... of course you do. Everything that happens is of interest to someone. What appears humdrum to you could be riveting to someone else. I find all life and living interesting. It may be that I'm curious/inquisitive etc. but it's all part of the rich kaleidoscope of life. Sometimes I read back over old diaries and try to frame myself once again in those times. Surreal.

• Advertisement

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

Spread wrote: »
    Not mine Ramette but thanks anyway. I came across the alliteration somewhere a few days ago and put it in my favs.
    The quote comes from the film "V for Vendatta" based on the comic of the same name - a near futuristic dystopia. You would recognise the mask worn by the Anti-Hero as it's worn at many real life protests. Great story and well worth reading.
    v-for-vendetta.jpg

The quote comes from the film "V for Vendatta" based on the comic of the same name - a near futuristic dystopia. You would recognise the mask worn by the Anti-Hero as it's worn at many real life protests. Great story and well worth reading.
    Good film, one for my collection when I've done ripping all my dvds :-D

Good morning everyone.

Good morning folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Rise and shine you two, hondasam and Galen, look at the times of yer posts, ye don't wake up too early! :rolleyes:

Hi Jellybaby1, I was out for my daily four mile walk at 6am, I only wished ye all good morning as a courtesy.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Rise and shine you two, hondasam and Galen, look at the times of yer posts, ye don't wake up too early! :rolleyes:

That was early for my day of :p

Evening folks

Kettle's on.. I am off to make some chocolate brownies :)

I might need some taste testers later on!

Me I will taste them.

• Advertisement

Why Hondasam how brave er I mean kind of you to step up and volunteer

They can't be that bad, why is no one else volunteering?

they must be minding their pot bellies figures :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Galen wrote: »
    Hi Jellybaby1, I was out for my daily four mile walk at 6am, I only wished ye all good morning as a courtesy.

Hrumph! Mmmm....really?

Gotcha OG! Play the below and look at 37 secs onwards. 'Tis him tinkling the ivories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

they must be minding their pot bellies figures :rolleyes:

You are soooo insensitive :(

Hi Cicero! We've got Julius Caesar and yourself .......... I wonder if there is a Virgil or Homer lurking? :D Oh the joys of an extended Latin class :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Spread wrote: »
    Hi Cicero! We've got Julius Caesar and yourself .......... I wonder if there is a Virgil or Homer lurking? :D Oh the joys of an extended Latin class :p

:D
    duces equos opus aqua
    ...and on that note...Good nite Spread...:)

Cicero wrote: »
    :D
    duces equos opus aqua
    ...and on that note...Good nite Spread...:)

It's been 45 years since I looked at The Iliad ......... but I shall have a go.
    The leader's horse's bladder :D

Ramette! Can I have a couple of your chocolate thingies for translation? Please!

Just looked at forecast ........... snow for Sunday and Monday :eek:

Goodnight and Good Moaning all :)

• Advertisement

Tomorrow I get to jump out of a cake.
    /Bucket-list item ticked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement