Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

:eek:

:confused:

:D

OldGoat wrote: »
    My Misses noticed well enough and has produced a To Do List as long as my arm. Down't she know it's a Grand Prix Weekend?

Looks like she's got you bang to rights bruv, innit!:D

What's the world coming to? Last Tue and Wed were 25+C, Thurs and Fri were 30+C with night time temps of 20C. Snow is forecast for Wednesday :confused: coming and it's -4C at the mo. Got my first mossie bite last week ......... at least this cold blast will kill them off

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Spring and Autumn are my favourite times of the year. I hate this going straight from Winter to Summer shinnanigans. I have a complete Spring wardrobe that deserves to be seen. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah don't worry OG, spring will follow shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

It's the little things that make me happy. Just completed the first mow of the year :D Think I deserve a little tipple after all that effort. Would someone like to get me a little Tio Pepe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ramette wrote: »
    It's the little things that make me happy. Just completed the first mow of the year :D Think I deserve a little tipple after all that effort. Would someone like to get me a little Tio Pepe?
    I don't support dwinking *says Ali primly

oh Lordy Alice, surely one small sherry for medicinal purposes is allowed?:rolleyes:

i've seen you putting a dash of whiskey in your porridge.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Anyone seen Father Jack? The last time I saw him he had the drink trolley with him :-D

I'll have a cup of Earl Grey. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sherry, now there's a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Cheese and Port is another thought. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Where are you Spread, with your morning moan? :D

Here. In both mind and spirit. But things have been a little on the hectic side over the past six weeks ........... culminating in us buying a house and an acre and a half just outside of town. We were informed yesterday that our bid was accepted. Sold as seen - but the bones of it are OK and I've spent a lifetime in the building game. It's a wreck and will take me about six months to get ready. The money and the area were right, so feck it! Signing in the next two weeks and I plan to start renovating next November after my holiday in the auld sod.
    If any of you would like to see before and after pics .......... PM me.

Good Moaning all :)

Just back from Brattleboro, Vt where HSH beat me 2 - 1 in Tenpin. But I got her back in downing a bottle and a half of Merlot with my Lamb Jalfrezi ....... so she had to drive home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

My Mam passed away early this morning. I probably won't be on here for a few days. I feel a bit sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Alice1 wrote: »
    My Mam passed away early this morning. I probably won't be on here for a few days. I feel a bit sad.

Terribly sorry to hear that Alice...do let us know if we can help in any way or if you wish to talk feel free to PM ...take care of yourself....I know it's not an easy time.

Exactly as Cicero said above. Always here to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Hi Alice1,
    I'm fairly new to here but please accept my sincere sympathy to you and your family. It's a sad day when you lose your mam.
    GSW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Hi Alice1,
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

• Advertisement

Alice We are here whenever you feel ready to come back, and whenever you are ready to chat.

You can always PM me if you want to.

My heartfelt sympathies to you and your loved ones, during this most difficult of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

very sorry to hear your sad news Alice, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sorry to hear your sad news Alice, sincere condolences. I know what you are going through as I've already been through that experience quite a long time ago now. It's a hard time I know. God bless.

Alice so so sorry to hear about your mum. The death of a parent is never easy no matter what age you are. My heart goes out to you and your family at this time xx

Sorry to hear your sad news Alice.

Cool and windy with snow further north ........... just like over there!

Have started studying the rules of the road for my theory test ........ downloaded 106 pages :eek:. This includes how to apply a tourniquet (in the event of a serious crash). Was allowed to drive on my Irish licence for a year.

I was driving on my Irish license in the UK for 8 years. I finally bit the bullet and changed over to a UK license about a year before I moved back here. 17 years later and I'm still using my UK license. It's valid till 2034 or something silly like that. Should see me out. :o

OldGoat wrote: »
    I was driving on my Irish license in the UK for 8 years. I finally bit the bullet and changed over to a UK license about a year before I moved back here. 17 years later and I'm still using my UK license. It's valid till 2034 or something silly like that. Should see me out. :o

That is weird, that makes you a fair bit younger than me. I feel very old suddenly.

I need a hug.

Ah sure I'm a sprightly young fecker, in here by chance. I came for a visit and stayed for Nurses lovely array of drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

old pat[who lives next door] is very lucky to keep his licence,he has just retired and has spent a big part of his pension on a very powerful B M W,the other night he was speeding down the M 6,and noticed a police car following,so he put his foot down to try and lose him,after about a mile he said to himself,;i am not a kid anymore and i am being silly;so he stopped ,the policeman came over and said;you know you were doing 90 mph,and i hope you have a good reason or you will lose your licence,old pat said,a few years ago my wife ran away with a policeman and i thought you were bringing her back,he got away with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement