Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brink

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I also had high hopes for this game but I have played it and it's pants IMO!

U are taking this personally that the game is **** relax will you it's just a game! No need to attack dreamers on his opinion!

Your saying have I nothing better to do?? Do you??

Back on topic, I found the game to be boring and repetitive which is a shame as this game had great potential but it will sit third to bc2 and blops IMO! I'll wait a week or two and pick this up for 15 euro just to fill a gameplay gap in the summer

Excuse me? I said my opinion about game, and he just accused me praising it even if that's **** game. So I still started it? Next time read, before jumping on my comments again. You telling me relax? In every thread you try some **** on me, do you fancy me or something?

You came in to mine and dreamers argument from nowhere. Did anyone asked your opinion? And you got cheekiness to tell me to relax? Lad, I beg you, would you kindly just fudge off. As I can already bet, that in some ather thread I will have my opinion that will not match yours and you will jump in with all your might and cod defending powers, even when its not mentioned and then tell me to relax, just because I noticed your psn moan...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ummmm ok..........

I dont like this game i find it pants and not worth a purchase. It should be a free game and almost surely the death of Splash Damage as a studio, shame that but they lived the mod team dream for a long time.

others like it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,978 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is the multi-player any good?

Headshot wrote: »
    Is the multi-player any good?

It's bad lad, dull, repetitive, boring, no one plays it already. Tomorrow all of tue brink copies will be traded in. I would not bother with it m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,978 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wonder what's it like for the pc ?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Wonder what's it like for the pc ?

Even worse lad. Support for ati based Gpus is horrible, frame rate is just in ass. Buggy dedicated servers so far. Problem with resolution switching. I would stay away from it lad.

****, forgot to mention: game gives you herpies too, don't ask me how, I still can't believe myself!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ummmm ok..........

I dont like this game i find it pants and not worth a purchase. It should be a free game and almost surely the death of Splash Damage as a studio, shame that but they lived the mod team dream for a long time.

others like it for some reason.

I agree with you,I had high hopes for game,I'm very disapointed,what a way to end a **** night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

For some reason I'm still optimistic, even after all of what you have said. I'm probably just being an idiot though! Will wait a while anyway till the dust has settled, and hopefully all the problems with the PC version have been sorted, then I might have a look at it. Really was hoping this would be a great game, not looking likely at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I dont like this game i find it pants and not worth a purchase. It should be a free game and almost surely the death of Splash Damage as a studio
    Agree, the game is terrible, 30 minutes of play was enough for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

shame on you bethesda ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Seriously, the ads have screwed us all over.

I know this is just a movie, but the game is pretty much..nothing like this.

Raaage! I wonder if there'll be much of a trade-in value with it? Or will it quickly drop..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

The **** is going on here lol. Anyways, I picked the game up on 360 earlier since I had a few games to trade in (bye bye black ops and good riddance!). Was expecting the worst but I'm finding it fun enough. The lag on 360 right now though is ****ing horrendous and really could kill it if it's not fixing sharpish. Will be a shame if that happens, because when it works, it genuinely does offer up something different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played lastnight for two hours [PC].
    First of all i wont pass judgement after such a short play time, thats just silly but i cant help thinking brink is a missed opportunity.
    First off performance with ATI is nowhere near as good as it should be on my pc.
    Some great ideas in there but unfortunately the execution of these ideas fall short i feel.
    I had a few great moments while playing but overall it feels unfinished and beta like.
    The more i played it the more i picked up the games naunces and felt a smile on my face only to have that smile wiped away 2 seconds later.
    It has potential but needs a LOT of patching,will players wait on patching?
    Im tired of developers releasing games that are nowhere near ready.
    Brink is yet another example,could have and should have been so much better, maybe still can be after a lot of love from splash damage but thats gonna take time, time that should have been spent before release in my opinion.

phant0m wrote: »
    The **** is going on here lol. Anyways, I picked the game up on 360 earlier since I had a few games to trade in (bye bye black ops and good riddance!). Was expecting the worst but I'm finding it fun enough. The lag on 360 right now though is ****ing horrendous and really could kill it if it's not fixing sharpish. Will be a shame if that happens, because when it works, it genuinely does offer up something different.

You actuolly enjoy it?! Then shhhhhhhhhhh! If you not on hate wagon then you are a terrorist! Keep it to your self if you whana live! And good god don't mention anything bad about black ops, batman is watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

You actuolly enjoy it?! Then shhhhhhhhhhh! If you not on hate wagon then you are a terrorist! Keep it to your self if you whana live! And good god don't mention anything bad about black ops, batman is watching!
    HA! I don't believe in a conformist gaming society like yours. Brink is just fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Seriously, the ads have screwed us all over.

I know this is just a movie, but the game is pretty much..nothing like this.

Raaage! I wonder if there'll be much of a trade-in value with it? Or will it quickly drop..

My god that video makes this game look amazing. If only the actual game was like that we'd all be so happy.

HA! I don't believe in a conformist gaming society like yours. Brink is just fine with me.

I am not conformist. I said that I liked the game, and people knew I was looking forward to it. So maybe the reason I was looking forward to was different from athers? I did not picked any individual here for theyr opinion, but I got attacked from all sides, just because I like it?

I still enjoy it, I even said it wont replace bc2, but it's better game then reviewers make give it.

Ah well....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Calm down lads, I don't want to have to close the thread or ban people. Keep it civil. It's a discussion forum so peoplecan argue whatever they like as long as it doesn't get personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Technically the game is poop on pc. Terrible ATI stutter and random lag on low ping servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got it on the 360, was really looking forward to it as a big Team Fortress fan and the basics look really good, I think I'm going to like it.............when they fix their broken netcode.

The lag makes it utterly, utterly unplayable right now. I haven't experienced anything this bad since playing Quake III on dial-up on my Dreamcast.

• Advertisement

Just got it on the 360, was really looking forward to it as a big Team Fortress fan and the basics look really good, I think I'm going to like it.............when they fix their broken netcode.

The lag makes it utterly, utterly unplayable right now. I haven't experienced anything this bad since playing Quake III on dial-up on my Dreamcast.

Yup I get connected to some games where's it's impossible even to move. I usually just disconnect and try again and get in to normal. Looks like miss and hit with that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It's an open forum shadow grow up please and stop making reference to me you should just let it go now seriously it's just childish! You will upset your ritual :rolleyes:

It's an open forum shadow grow up please and stop making reference to me you should just let it go now seriously it's just childish! You will upset your ritual :rolleyes:

Where's those gamestop managers when you need them...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Both DARK-KNIGHT and ShadowHearth banned for a week for ignoring a mods warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Been playing it with a friend today after last nights patch which removed the grid textures for the ATI cards. Performance has gone back to a very playable level and im really enjoying this! F*cking hard game and without teamwork you WON'T win. Pace of the game is very hectic and it's something i have to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure about this at all right now. You can't seem to turn the bots off in online games - there's no option to just play with less players and no bots. That wouldn't be such a big issue if the AI wasn't so staggeringly poor. Every game (about a dozen now) that I've had online has had a maximum of four actual players and the rest made up with bots.

I don't really want to jump to a sudden conclusion here, but there's really not a whole lot to like right now. I'm already thinking of trading it back for LA Noire now, but I'll give it more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Not that it's any different from anything else said here, but I'm seriously disappointed with this game, too. I had really high hopes for this. :(

First off, once again, Bethesda ship another unfinished game. After this and Fallout, I'm actually considering boycotting them. Must be awful to work in their QA department. (Yes, I know Bethesda are only the publishers, but that's no excuse for shipping an unfinished game)

My main gripe with this is that it's too difficult. It's extremely hard to break through a strong defence. If the 8 enemy players control a choke point, you're just not going to get past them. It needs a game-changer, like juice in Monday Night Combat or UberCharge in TF2. Otherwise, you're just feeding the enemies kills.

As mentioned, the multiplayer is a joke. I haven't been able to find a single game yet where I could actually move. It's just unplayably laggy. All the time. This wouldn't be a major problem, considering that the SP and MP and linked, and you gain XP from both. Except, the AI is terrible, and your 7 team mates do nothing, which means it's almost impossible to break through those choke points.

The story itself is totally forgettable. I actually had high hopes for this; looked like a hybrid of Mirror's Edge and Hydrophobia, but it just never really went anywhere. I finished all missions, for both factions, and couldn't even remember what I did in the previous missions. I mean, you're either going to tell a story, or you're not. Brink is in some weird middle ground where it's trying to tell a story, but they have to cram that into the time it takes to load a multiplayer map, and it's just a mess.

The dialogue is really annoying. I don't even know why, but it's annoying me more than other games. If that guy says "Muchos bad guys spotted!" once more... :mad:

This game is just a bit of a disaster. It's trying to be single player and multi player, except the single player is too difficult (even on Easy) and the multiplayer is generally unplayable. The SMART system is not utilized enough - I genuinely don't understand why someone would be a Light body type and sacrifice HP, when you can go practically anywhere with Medium.

This "Day 1 patch" crap drives me insane. If there's a day 1 patch, that means you shipped an unfinished game. The patch certification time at Microsoft is weeks. I'd say they were compiling this patch around the same time when they were boxing the discs. Delay the damn game. Your free DLC and promises of future patches aren't enough to save this game. I am sooooooo glad I decided to only rent this game, and buy LA Noire instead. I have it until Friday, and I don't know if I even want to play it during that time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Healium wrote: »
    My main gripe with this is that it's too difficult. It's extremely hard to break through a strong defence. If the 8 enemy players control a choke point, you're just not going to get past them. It needs a game-changer, like juice in Monday Night Combat or UberCharge in TF2. Otherwise, you're just feeding the enemies kills.

As mentioned, the multiplayer is a joke. I haven't been able to find a single game yet where I could actually move. It's just unplayably laggy. All the time. This wouldn't be a major problem, considering that the SP and MP and linked, and you gain XP from both. Except, the AI is terrible, and your 7 team mates do nothing, which means it's almost impossible to break through those choke points.

The story itself is totally forgettable. I actually had high hopes for this; looked like a hybrid of Mirror's Edge and Hydrophobia, but it just never really went anywhere. I finished all missions, for both factions, and couldn't even remember what I did in the previous missions. I mean, you're either going to tell a story, or you're not. Brink is in some weird middle ground where it's trying to tell a story, but they have to cram that into the time it takes to load a multiplayer map, and it's just a mess.

The dialogue is really annoying. I don't even know why, but it's annoying me more than other games. If that guy says "Muchos bad guys spotted!" once more... :mad:

I've heard the complaint about how difficult it is to root out a bunkered down team, so you're not alone with your questions about the balancing. The best strategy for any team seems to be 'stick together, at all times' and you'll be unstoppable.

The story is especially disappointing because, iirc, early developer rhetoric suggested it would be something special. The dialogue, from what I've heard is just incessant.

I'm also disillusioned by Bethesda's buggy games. Though it may have turned out to be a moderately enjoyable game, bugs made me quit Fallout 3 after, maybe, 25hrs playtime. Bethesda is given a pass on its core titles because nobody puts out games like them. Brink isn't a core title so I wonder how it will do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Since they patched the game for ati users [not the final patch apparently] the game is very playable for me now.
    Some servers lag terribly but when you find a decent server and players who grasp the concept of the game there is a lot of fun to be had.
    It still needs some major work but if they sort out the technical issues the game may actually have a decent lifetime.
    Meanwhile ill pop in and out of it for teamplay gaming but i ill probably grab Section 8 prejudice on pc,multiplayer reviews are raving about its teamplay and general enjoyment.
    €12 on steam too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Dcully wrote: »
    ill pop in and out of it for teamplay gaming but i ill probably grab Section 8 prejudice on pc,multiplayer reviews are raving about its teamplay and general enjoyment.
    €12 on steam too :)

Section 8: Prejudice was referenced, on the most recent Bombcast, when considering the value proposition (dangerous thing to do, I know) of Brink as a full priced game.

Advertisement