Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brink

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

There's a dedicated server up, hosted in Dublin - '[TiG] The Irish Guard', pings should be low.

Feel free to use it, I welcome any feedback or suggestions for config changes.

PC (read: real gamers) only, of course. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sweet. I'll hop on during the weekend Luc and give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Lucutus wrote: »
    There's a dedicated server up, hosted in Dublin - '[TiG] The Irish Guard', pings should be low.

Feel free to use it, I welcome any feedback or suggestions for config changes.

PC (read: real gamers) only, of course. :P
    The-curb-stomp.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone want a co-op game later?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm done waiting for Splash Damage to fix it - gonna trade it in for LA Noire tomorrow. I'll probably pick it up on Steam during a sale eventually, because by the time they actually do fix the lag, the console community will most likely have moved on to something else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm done waiting for Splash Damage to fix it - gonna trade it in for LA Noire tomorrow. I'll probably pick it up on Steam during a sale eventually, because by the time they actually do fix the lag, the console community will most likely have moved on to something else.

No lag at all on PC, then again you simply cannot beat dedicated servers.
    P2P will always have some form of lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dcully wrote: »
    No lag at all on PC, then again you simply cannot beat dedicated servers.
    P2P will always have some form of lag.

Yes there is.

I was getting lag on low ping servers.

Yes there is.

I was getting lag on low ping servers.

Ive yet to experience lag since the hot fixes and ive been playing nothing but brink the last few evenings.
    Before that the lag was there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

i-WxjDs2x-L.jpg

What hotfixes exactly? I've only seen one patch so far?

Got rid of it today. HMV are doing a deal where they'll give €39 trade-in for it this week only. Picked up LA Noire with a free LA Confidential bluray and weapon code for €6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Today I said a fond farewelll to the abomination that was Brink and said hello L.A. Noire, suffice to say there's no regrets there..!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ive yet to experience lag since the hot fixes and ive been playing nothing but brink the last few evenings.
    Before that the lag was there for sure.

you playing on pc or console?

i got xbox version, but i want to pick up pc version too, its 29.99 in gamestop now.

you playing on pc or console?

i got xbox version, but i want to pick up pc version too, its 29.99 in gamestop now.

PC

PC

would majority of servers be with bots turned off?

would majority of servers be with bots turned off?

Yeah the vast majority have bots off.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Sorry I dont have the link but read that the upcoming free dlc is including quite a bit.
    • 2 new maps
    • Higher level cap
    • More customisation options,weapons,perks etc
    My xbox is away for repair so I havent bought it yet, is there many people still playing this?

Lordhogo wrote: »
    Sorry I dont have the link but read that the upcoming free dlc is including quite a bit.
    • 2 new maps
    • Higher level cap
    • More customisation options,weapons,perks etc
    My xbox is away for repair so I havent bought it yet, is there many people still playing this?

I still play. Any link on that dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

http://www.splashdamage.com/node/819

Does seem quite hefty alright, 2 maps, 5 new abilities, 2 new weapon addons and 2 new costume sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Too late. If they ever patch the game to a state where an 8 vs 8 game can take place, you may have my interest again. Unlikely though, considering the amount of triple A games out this year :/

Healium wrote: »
    Too late. If they ever patch the game to a state where an 8 vs 8 game can take place, you may have my interest again. Unlikely though, considering the amount of triple A games out this year :/

Not really. I had lots if 5v5 matches on xbox. I presume pc folks dont have problem with 8vs8 matches.

Free patch like that is a good news. I just would like them to sort out ****y peer 2 peer system. Takes awile till you go in to a decent game.

Ather thing I would like them to look in to: heavy body type. It's useless ATM. Weapons you get are really not worth the mobility traded in. Hp is very low considering you got the size of the house. Easy target. It is screaming out for buffing.

• Advertisement

Not really. I had lots if 5v5 matches on xbox. I presume pc folks dont have problem with 8vs8 matches.

Free patch like that is a good news. I just would like them to sort out ****y peer 2 peer system. Takes awile till you go in to a decent game.

Ather thing I would like them to look in to: heavy body type. It's useless ATM. Weapons you get are really not worth the mobility traded in. Hp is very low considering you got the size of the house. Easy target. It is screaming out for buffing.
    We've had this argument before :P Peer-to-peer isn't desirable, but it's not that bad. I never have a laggy game of Reach, Dirt 3, AC: Brotherhood, Red Dead Redemption etc.

The level of lag that you can get even in a 2 vs 2 game of Brink is ridiculous. It's actually unplayable. The problem is bad netcode. The developers were also cheap, and should have given consoles dedicated servers, too. This could've been a great, long-lasting multiplayer. You shouldn't have to wait a while to get into a playable game!

There are also lots of balance issues. Carb 9 is way too powerful, and as you said, Heavy is pretty much redundant.

Free DLC isn't enough to redeem themselves. Microsoft allows every game to give out one free DLC as it is. Frankly, I think every game's first DLC should be free, so they need to do more to entice me to pick up this unpolished mess in the future

Healium wrote: »
    We've had this argument before :P Peer-to-peer isn't desirable, but it's not that bad. I never have a laggy game of Reach, Dirt 3, AC: Brotherhood, Red Dead Redemption etc.

The level of lag that you can get even in a 2 vs 2 game of Brink is ridiculous. It's actually unplayable. The problem is bad netcode. The developers were also cheap, and should have given consoles dedicated servers, too. This could've been a great, long-lasting multiplayer. You shouldn't have to wait a while to get into a playable game!

There are also lots of balance issues. Carb 9 is way too powerful, and as you said, Heavy is pretty much redundant.

Free DLC isn't enough to redeem themselves. Microsoft allows every game to give out one free DLC as it is. Frankly, I think every game's first DLC should be free, so they need to do more to entice me to pick up this unpolished mess in the future

I got xbox version, and that's why my misses buying me pc version today after work ;). Lagg is brutal on xbox i wount deny it.

This dlc is making it sweeter. I don't think it was planed to be free thought. All the **** storm is making them to do it free. I would expect some new weapons too in nect dlc. Which is very nice.

Tell you what else they need to do - let you change body types in-game.

well just had a session on pc version.

huge improvment on graphics. better controls. dedicated servers.

Love it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I just found out I was supposto get a psycho pack with this when I bought it. Did anyone else not get this?
    Is there any point in asking about it at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thinking about getting this off adverts on the ps3, has the lag eased? Worth a buy?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Has anyone heard anymore about the free DLC that's ment to be comming out for this?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

A friend of mine told me to try this and I did. It was €25 in Game I think he said (he picked me up a copy) and you know what, it's really good fun. Very challenging at times, but the co-op works very well and that nonsense about not having to unlock things separately for "private" games vs public has been done away with because you can't really game the system.

If you see it cheap, pick it up and give it a look, you might be pleasantly surprised.

kiddums wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anymore about the free DLC that's ment to be comming out for this?
    I think I read somewhere yesterday that it's in cert with Microsoft and Sony

Also, heads-up, it's only free for 2 weeks or something. As if the game didn't get off to a dodgy enough start, they decide to be greedy and charge for it after 2 weeks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Did they ever fix the lag issues with this? Got sick of playing with just a handful of real people and the rest bots. It's €22 on sale in HMV at the moment and I'm tempted to give it a second chance.

Advertisement