Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brink

Options
  • 01-03-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else excited for this game? Its nice to see a game like this break away from the cookie cutter, warfare shooter norm and go right for the jugular...but considering modern day game logic, anything that looks innovative, exciting and not of the norm, it'll probably sell like s*it. Still, I hope that the people take notice and give this game a chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

The AI seems wack. But I guess shooters often just append a single player/ co-op element to bolster the core multi-player element.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ah this is one of the games I'm really looking forward to this year. That video looks brilliant. :) I love the freedom of movement, the style and the class system (which seems to have a real bearing on the game) of course. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Been keeping an eye on this for a long time now,looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The game looks fantastic, but that screen tearing is horrendous and the FPS doesnt seem to be the best. If they sort those two problems out the game may indeed be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

So many games so little time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just waiting for Steam to update to a pre-load status.......damn linear progression of time system we use, I vote we change to a system where it can be release date already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The game looks fantastic, but that screen tearing is horrendous and the FPS doesnt seem to be the best. If they sort those two problems out the game may indeed be worth a look
    Well the video is from last years E3, so I'm pretty certain they might have those fixed, especially with the fact that the game has been in a playable form since 2009.

Some nice ideas flowing from Splash Damage:

-No insta-kill headshots, unless your the "light" body type
    -No grenade spam, they act as more stunning grenades
    -No insta-death, but down with chance to be revived
    -Option from a medic revive as to revive straight away or respawn

http://www.destructoid.com/splash-damage-addressing-common-shooter-issues-with-brink-195391.phtml

Game is sounding very good. Also, rumour goes that Brink was almost completely finished around August last year and so far its been polish polish polish.

I just realised...this is coming out on the same day as LA Noire. This is going to get destroyed, like every other game that comes out within the date of any Rockstar game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Just waiting for Steam to update to a pre-load status.......damn linear progression of time system we use, I vote we change to a system where it can be release date already.
    It's part of Fine Gael's manifesto.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Amazing customisation, but the dialogue.............. Really? That'll annoy the absolute cr*p out of me.

It's like Mirrors Edge and CoD had a baby. I'll reserve further opinion after a demo.

I just realised...this is coming out on the same day as LA Noire. This is going to get destroyed, like every other game that comes out within the date of any Rockstar game.

Oh the release window for the next few months is insane, its like everything was pushed back to avoid Black Ops (probably was actually). between Bulletstorm, Homefront, DoW2:Retribution, LA Noire, Hunted, Dragon Age 2 and so on I is gonna be SOOOO poor.

And I have to save every penny between now and May for a training course :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Oh the release window for the next few months is insane, its like everything was pushed back to avoid Black Ops (probably was actually). between Bulletstorm, Homefront, DoW2:Retribution, LA Noire, Hunted, Dragon Age 2 and so on I is gonna be SOOOO poor.

And I have to save every penny between now and May for a training course :mad:

FNC, Homefront and Crysis 2 all this month for me. I'm going to be broke by the end of March :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I played the MP for a while last year at an event and it seems like a lot of fun. A weird mix between TF2, BF and Crackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

You can add things like... red dot sights... sciope, silencer.

Hmm... I hope the game itself is a little more unique than their perk system. It does look like it takes the CoD formula and throws in some Team Fortress, which might make it more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just heard about this game tonight, good to see a new system like SMART in an FPS but the gameplay vids so far don't show off anything special. COD has better shooting and Battlefield has better teamwork (for the looks of things so far anyway). Really bad idea to release this with LA Noire. I think Battlefield 3 will be king FPS this year, pity its so far off tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Bethesda just announced that this is coming out a week early, May 13th for Europe.

Did they only just now realize that they can't release a game on the same day as Rockstar?

Healium wrote: »
    Bethesda just announced that this is coming out a week early, May 13th for Europe.

Did they only just now realize that they can't release a game on the same day as Rockstar?
    Well, I'm glad that it'll have a reasonable date now. I just don't want to see such a promising game like this fail miserably.

While we're on the subject of the release date, who's getting it on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Well, I'm glad that it'll have a reasonable date now. I just don't want to see such a promising game like this fail miserably.

While we're on the subject of the release date, who's getting it on it?
    I was going to, but I won't now. I'll still be engrossed in Portal 2 and the Gears beta by then. I might still buy it on release day, but I won't be playing it, anyway :o

I'm really interested to see how this turns out. 2011 is surely the best year for gaming in a long time, and some of the triple A games will have to fail. Even though LA Noire is a Rockstar game, I wouldn't be surprised if either of these games tanked. Lots of people want LA Noire, but they might just rent it/buy it used, whereas Brink will (hopefully) have a long-lasting multiplayer

TL;DR: I don't want either game to fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So it's deffenety 1 week early? Cool.

Got la noire prebooked and I am sort of hyped of this one too!

Videos look cool. And I am a huge fan where's your character physical characteristics will influence it's strong and weak points! Looks like cool apparel customisation too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking forward to this.

Dcully wrote: »
    Looking forward to this.

Check the latest video of it. It's an interview and **** loads of gameplay and mechanics.

I can't link it, sorry, as I am on the phone :( .

Check gametrailers

I just sooooo hyped for this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ahhhh so many good games coming out,Is there an actual storyline in this game?

10 mins of gameplay, enjoy. i allready did :o.

love the accent lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

love the accent lol

looks deadly ill defo get this release day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

So, are there any "levels" as such in the game, or is the XP just used as a currency to buy new stuff? It looks fantastic!

I just hope Gamestop will be running some deal on it, ie, the usual "Trade in 2/3 games, get this for free" deal.

looks deadly ill defo get this release day

I probably will too I'd say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

love the accent lol

Yeah i saw this, ive big hopes for this tbh, i love Bethesda`s work.
    Also a big fan of team/class based multiplayer fps.
    I love Team fortress 2 but have been craving a similar game but with assault rifles/SMGs etc for a long time, Brink looks like it might fit the mould perfectly.
    Rage also looks very damn impressive.

• Advertisement

On play.com you get exclusive fallout weapon skins, tattoos etc.

I got preordered in gamestop thought, I don't trust deleveries.

Still fecking waiting on settlers 7 gold since Saturday... Usually it's here on wensday/Thursday when I order Sunday.... Zavvi gas awesome deals but deleveries..... FFs....

Advertisement