Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

G1032 wrote: »
    Squee
    If you read crazygeryy's posts you will see that the problem was that he couldn't get into download mode. It wasn't a silly question that he asked .
    Googling that issue tells you to press vol. up + vol. down + power. That combo won't work for the variant of SGS we have in Ireland.
    It needs to be vol. up+down + home key.
    I had that same issue before and couldn't find an answer. It was just by chance that I tried the vol up+down + home key combo.

We have the international version of the the phone. the GT-i9000 and there is plenty out there on google/xda etc. where they have the right combo.

It was not just this guys questions, but many over the last few pages I've flicked through and many have answers easily found else where. People are just lazy and want to be told the answer. You really think you're the first person to brick your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

You really think you're the first person to brick your phone?

:confused: I didn't brick my phone..................I was only helping someone who thought they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ive had a few force closures with the v10 but it seems that if you just uninstall the app and re install it that cures it.like the email and utube were force closing so i just reinstalled them and they are fine now.

Got two random reboots today with v10. Hope he fixes this in v10.1

Edit:
    Going to flash modem ZSJPG as some have reported that random reboots dsappeared after flashing this modem

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Got two random reboots today with v10. Hope he fixes this in v10.1

Edit:
    Going to flash modem ZSJPG as some have reported that random reboots disappeared after flashing this modem

The random reboots are not so random. I had 2 calls today( how sad am I?)and the phone rebooted during both of them.It also rebooted a couple of times last night while I was sorting out the email issue.
    On the plus side , the battery is very good, after 19 hours I'm still on 82%.and I like the look of this rom.The phone is very smooth and slick, but that could be said of most of darkys roms.
    I think I'l try the ZSJPG modem and see how that preforms ,otherwise it's back to RC6 until V10 is finished and that could be a while ,I heard Darky fell of his motorbike and is out of action for a while .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    The random reboots are not so random. I had 2 calls today( how sad am I?)and the phone rebooted during both of them.It also rebooted a couple of times last night while I was sorting out the email issue.
    On the plus side , the battery is very good, after 19 hours I'm still on 82%.and I like the look of this rom.The phone is very smooth and slick, but that could be said of most of darkys roms.
    I think I'l try the ZSJPG modem and see how that preforms ,otherwise it's back to RC6 until V10 is finished and that could be a while ,I heard Darky fell of his motorbike and is out of action for a while .

I`m going to try JQ1 modem, cause I`m having no luck with these fecking MMS`s

OK. No luck with the ZSJPG modem. Another reboot 20 mins ago.
    Flashing XXJVE now. Thats been the best modem for me all along so going to give it another go.

Gaffs
    Did you find RC6 better than v10?
    Did you have any random reboots with RC6?
    Will you do a wipe when going back to RC6?

OK. No luck with the ZSJPG modem. Another reboot 20 mins ago.
    Flashing XXJVE now. Thats been the best modem for me all along so going to give it another go.

Gaffs
    Did you find RC6 better than v10?
    Did you have any random reboots with RC6?
    Will you do a wipe when going back to RC6?

Well V10 looks good but if I can't use the phone it's useless.I found nothing wrong with RC6, never had any reboots on it.I'll try no wipe first and see how that goes.

Well lads it seems JQ1 is the one, MMS sending to people no problems, just one person that I can`t download from...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

lewis wrote: »
    Well lads it seems JQ1 is the one, MMS sending to people no problems, just one person that I can`t download from...

Wahey!

My next suggestion was maybe it was coz you're in Kildare :p

• Advertisement

nitr8 has 2 XXJQ1's for download at this link
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=843019

Which one did you download? I wonder is there a difference between the two? Can't imagine there is

Which one did you download? I wonder is there a difference between the two? Can't imagine there is

Ok lads I'm confused ,If you're going to talk insanity on this thread at least say it clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

Love the battery on v10 but have had a good few reboots.

What are people doing to try to fix this? How do I flash a new modem? is it the same as flashing a rom?

Thanks

I`m talking modem`s not ROM`s, :)

Here`s the one I`m on.....http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=876391

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Anyone else having probs with the browser not archiving web pages correctly?
    no matter how many times i view a site, say boards for example. when i look at most viewed sites, it only archives history.

bit of a petty gripe, but it is annoying!

Ok lads I'm confused ,If you're going to talk insanity on this thread at least say it clearly.

I'm not talking about Insanity at all. I'm talking about modems. I just gave a link to where one can download various modems and that link just happens to be on the Insanity thread.

I`m talking modem`s not ROM`s, :)

Here`s the one I`m on.....http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=876391

Hmmm
    I got the XXJVE from Insanity thread. Flashed it via CWM. No problems yet.
    But I see on the link you provided Lewis that there are two versions of XXJVE. One for GB and one for Froyo.
    Do you know what the difference in them is? Did I just get lucky and flash the right one?

That`s for the Captivate, I won`t go near it...
    Hmmm
    I got the XXJVE from Insanity thread. Flashed it via CWM. No problems yet.
    But I see on the link you provided Lewis that there are two versions of XXJVE. One for GB and one for Froyo.
    Do you know what the difference in them is? Did I just get lucky and flash the right one?

Yeah, ones for Froyo and the others for Gingerbread, lol???

JQ1 seems to be working great for me, GPS locks on in 3 seconds, accurate to 30 metres, I have`nt tested it out and about yet, I might get s chance today, I`ll let ya`s know.

Here's a new base ROM from Ficeto. Going to flash this after work today and see if it stops the random reboots

http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/odin-cwm-base-ficetos-jvh-base-roms-for-odin-and-cwm.2814/

Here's a new base ROM from Ficeto. Going to flash this after work today and see if it stops the random reboots

http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/odin-cwm-base-ficetos-jvh-base-roms-for-odin-and-cwm.2814/

Deadly, sure lets us know how you get on, I was always interested in JVH, but for the moment it does`nt look like hmmmmm how do I say this.........the "software" I`m on will be moving in that direction...

• Advertisement

Deadly, sure lets us know how you get on, I was always interested in JVH, but for the moment it does`nt look like hmmmmm how do I say this.........the "software" I`m on will be moving in that direction...

Go on Lewis.....you can say it....Go on...:D

:)
    I've decided instead to give RC6 a try. Gaffs said he had no random reboots on RC6. If that doesn't work I'll flash the new base ROM.

Lewis
    Have you had any random reboots with 'The Other Software'??:)

What bugs have you noticed on it. Be honest.............!!!

Ok I've flashed this.It's a base rom.By the time I restored my back up it was like a full rom again.I also flashed the Sensation theme
    SensatioN 1.6.2 TW4 -JVH
    http://www.multiupload.com/3WQ9L8OR6Y"

I'll let ye know how it goes.

:)
    I've decided instead to give RC6 a try. Gaffs said he had no random reboots on RC6. If that doesn't work I'll flash the new base ROM.

Lewis
    Have you had any random reboots with 'The Other Software'??:)

What bugs have you noticed on it. Be honest.............!!!

Yes, but very few, only seems to do it if I flash something in CWM.
    That`s really it, any other FC`s would be app related...

Which ROM did you come from to get to JVH?

Yes, but very few, only seems to do it if I flash something in CWM.
    That`s really it, any other FC`s would be app related...

Which ROM did you come from to get to JVH?
    Not on JVH yet. Went back to RC6.
    No random reboot since. Fingers crossed.

Ok I've flashed this.It's a base rom.By the time I restored my back up it was like a full rom again.I also flashed the Sensation theme
    SensatioN 1.6.2 TW4 -JVH
    http://www.multiupload.com/3WQ9L8OR6Y"

I'll let ye know how it goes.
    Any update?

Any update?

So far it's been very good. No random reboots yet.I've made and recieved a good few phone calls. No problems. Had to clear data to get the Email to work, but that seems to be the norm with the last few Darky roms.
    Battery is very good, 88% after 10 hours of heavyish use.
    The slight delay when you answer the phone on RC6 is gone.

I dont use the touchwiz 4 launcher, but I'll switch to it for the rest of the day to see if it causes any issues.

Edit:Lasted half an hour with Touchwiz 4. it was fine at first but then started to lag ,then freeze, had to pull the battery in the end.
    The phone was perfect all day untill i switched to it. just as well I dont use it . I prefer Launcher.
    Phone is running smooth again now that I've switched back.

Just flashed Ficeto's base ROM and Sensation Theme too. Fingers crossed.
    Just going to apply lagfix before I reinstall apps. Hopefully no more reboots now.

Just flashed Ficeto's base ROM and Sensation Theme too. Fingers crossed.
    Just going to apply lagfix before I reinstall apps. Hopefully no more reboots now.

Just stay away from Touchwiz 4 launcher. It is included in the sensation theme.

• Advertisement

Just stay away from Touchwiz 4 launcher. It is included in the sensation theme.

Found a bug. Think it's to do with the Sensation Theme. The dialer just closes any time I press a key in it. Can't make a call!! Pity because I like that theme. I'll flash gingerbread theme and see how that goes. Don't like it as much as Sensation though.
    The Ficeto base ROM is lightning fast. Incredible really.

Advertisement