Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just preparing myself here, I have everything backed up and am disabling lagfix atm. I'm going with odin JVH and will install the sensation theme (I use launcher pro). Any tips before I start?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

lewis wrote: »
    Is`nt Swype left out of that?
    Or did you flash the CWM one as well?

Yeah it is left out. I just joined the beta and downloaded swype from there.

And as for tips. None really, its pretty easy. backup everything and then flash. Takes no time to flash it really. I really like the gingerbread red theme. But I like the fact that the sensation theme modifies things such as the dialer and the music player.

I didn't uninstall launcher pro before I did it. Didn't seem to make a difference.

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah it is left out. I just joined the beta and downloaded swype from there.

Link? I love swype, gonna need it

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Link? I love swype, gonna need it

Just go to the swype website and then look at the beta section and sign up.

Let me know what the sensation theme is like on ficeto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I`m reading through some of the posts on Darky`s forum and see what people are saying about it, all looks for so far.....but once I flash it I`ll go to Insanity, when v10 is final, I might try it then...how about you?

Edit: This was said by one of the dudes there....Odin 1.7 sucks bigger balls than TW4 lol.. i always use 1.3 never had an unrecognised phone or a failed flash.. and i flash at least twice a day lol...I take it you used 1.7 to flash and had no problems?

Edit Edit: Yeah it seems 1.7 should not be used, 1.3 is recommended...

I used Odin v1.3 with no issues

• Advertisement

Just preparing myself here, I have everything backed up and am disabling lagfix atm. I'm going with odin JVH and will install the sensation theme (I use launcher pro). Any tips before I start?

Ya. Don't install the Sensation theme. After a while any time you open the dialler it will close again on you. You won't be able to make a call.
    Happened me and a lot have reported that issue on the Sensation thread

G1032 wrote: »
    Ya. Don't install the Sensation theme. After a while any time you open the dialler it will close again on you. You won't be able to make a call.

That was happening me too on Darkys. It is such a nice theme though!! Probably the nicest out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I`m on page 40 of the thread, lol I`m not sure if I can go on any more, but I`m glad I read what I read, I don`t understand why Odin 1.3 is`nt in place of 1.7 in the OP?

Shít, too late, just rebooting after installing it. :(

Can I just flash another?

That was happening me too on Darkys. It is such a nice theme though!! Probably the nicest out there.

I agree. It's the nicest theme. But the dialler closing issue is a huge flaw. Whats the point in having a phone that you can't make a call on!!
    Gotten well used to GB red now though. Like it a lot.

• Advertisement

Shít, too late, just rebooting after installing it. :(

Can I just flash another?

Ya. I think you can jush flash straight over but In case of any clash I just wiped cache and dalvik cache in CWM before flashing new theme. That way you know your getting a clean install

Does anyone know how to backup WiFi passwords. There are a few places I go with secured wifi and after each flash I have to go get the password and re-enter manually. Pain in the @ss

Sorry. Just realised that I can do that with Titanium Backup

Does anyone know how to backup WiFi passwords. There are a few places I go with secured wifi and after each flash I have to go get the password and re-enter manually. Pain in the @ss

Does it not remember them, I thought it did?

Does it not remember them, I thought it did?

It does. I just hadn't realised that till now.

What kernel are ya`s using with JVH?

What kernel are ya`s using with JVH?

Dark Core 2.3

Dark Core 2.3

Its working pretty good for you is it?

Its working pretty good for you is it?

It is. Not even a hint of an issue.
    It give me Voodoo Lagfix and Voodoo Sound version 8. I need my Voodoo sound!!!

Fcuk this, i get force close on swype everytime, tried uninstall and reinstall still happens

Is the BLN always on or is it timed?

• Advertisement

It is. Not even a hint of an issue.
    It give me Voodoo Lagfix and Voodoo Sound version 8. I need my Voodoo sound!!!

How did you get voodoo sound 8.1?

I didn't get this. :(

How did you get voodoo sound 8.1?

I didn't get this. :(

Voodoo Control app says I have Kernel Driver Version 8.
    I just thought that meant that I had Voodoo sound v8

sc20110514152616.jpg

It is working just when I plug in the headphones i don't get the little voodoo man!:)

Got Swype sorted, had to start again. I went for the Bluesteel theme this time, looks great and I've that flip animation when i close windows and blinking eyes boot animation

Got Swype sorted, had to start again. I went for the Bluesteel theme this time, looks great and I've that flip animation when i close windows and blinking eyes boot animation

Is there any lag with that theme?

Is there any lag with that theme?

Not that I've noticed

Not that I've noticed

I should have slapped up the Swype.apk I used, it went it no problems, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've been away from custom ROMs for a while due to getting a job and not having as much time to mess around with them.

Currently on Darkys V9.5 and Dark_Core1.o

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where to go next? Had a look at DarkyRom.com but there is way more activity in the Beta releases rather than the stable.

Cheers.

Darky took time out and the Darkys rom has been a little messed up, latest has some bugs, most are sticking with rc5.

I only flashed from 9.5 yesterday, what most of here are doing is just flashing Ficeto's JVH base rom with Odin and then a theme with CWM and not bothering with Darkys at all.
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/odin-cwm-base-ficetos-jvh-base-roms-for-odin-and-cwm.2814/

Gingerbread themes are here, JVH ones only:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11340201&postcount=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Darky took time out and the Darkys rom has been a little messed up, latest has some bugs, most are sticking with rc5.

I only flashed from 9.5 yesterday, what most of here are doing is just flashing Ficeto's JVH base rom with Odin and then a theme with CWM and not bothering with Darkys at all.
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/odin-cwm-base-ficetos-jvh-base-roms-for-odin-and-cwm.2814/

Gingerbread themes are here, JVH ones only:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11340201&postcount=2

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Advertisement