Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

G1032 wrote: »
    I have had to flash back yo 0.6.9 to get SPB Shell 3D working.
    Have you got it working on a newer version of Insanity?
    If you have, how did you get it to work?

No, I never got it working, must be something got to do with the ROM(JVE)

What do you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭G1032

lewis wrote: »
    No, I never got it working, must be something got to do with the ROM(JVE)

What do you think of it?
    it's pure class! Flashed back to 0.6.9 so I could use it. So still on 0.6.9 with Damian kernel.

G1032 wrote: »
    it's pure class! Flashed back to 0.6.9 so I could use it. So still on 0.6.9 with Damian kernel.

It`s frustrating enough to flash a new ROM, the last thing I want to do is go back a ROM, I`ll stay with 7.2, my tolerance for flashing has gone down, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

It`s frustrating enough to flash a new ROM, the last thing I want to do is go back a ROM, I`ll stay with 7.2, my tolerance for flashing has gone down, :(

Is 7.2 gingerbread?

Raoul wrote: »
    Is 7.2 gingerbread?

No, 8.0 is but its still in Beta stage...

• Advertisement

No, 8.0 is but its still in Beta stage...

Cool, any idea when this will be out?

I don't really want to have to deal with any betas, but really want to upgrade to gingerbread, im on darkys 9.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I don't really want to have to deal with any betas, but really want to upgrade to gingerbread, im on darkys 9.5

Major +1 here. Bad experience with CM7 so not going up to GB again unless it's stable.

No official date yet, but a lot of people that are on the beta are happy with what`s there so far.
    Me, I`m waiting til either he gives a release date or Samsung re-release Gingerbread, depending on which I read is better, I`m in no rush.

On RC4 now. Quite nice, but still missing a few things and a little buggy. Disappointed Darky is taking a leave of absence. He wasnt doing too badly from all the donations as far as I could see.

On RC4 now. Quite nice, but still missing a few things and a little buggy. Disappointed Darky is taking a leave of absence. He wasnt doing too badly from all the donations as far as I could see.

Ah times are hard all around, in just hits some people differently, its those damn Easter eggs he`s getting the missus, lol

• Advertisement

Ah times are hard all around, in just hits some people differently, its those damn Easter eggs he`s getting the missus, lol

But he lives in Switzerland, and one of the nicer towns within spitting distance of Zurich. Nah the kid wants a car. Which I dont fully understand, that country has an amazing public transport system!

sh!t is getting a little crazy in the darky camp. They are now putting out betas of the RC5. I've just flashed b3. Minor bug fixes really. I really want a proper customisable rom that is very very stable. Basically Cyanogen, but working.

sh!t is getting a little crazy in the darky camp. They are now putting out betas of the RC5. I've just flashed b3. Minor bug fixes really. I really want a proper customisable rom that is very very stable. Basically Cyanogen, but working.

What about insanity?

Lads for the moment, I don`t think anyone should flash anything Darky related, at least until he comes back, you`ll probably have a few lads trying to fill his shoes.

Check out Insanity lads, I know I go on about it but its slim and smooth, stable as well. Plus the DPI settings are nice, I just can`t get used to them, but I`ll try this time around.
    CM7 I was interested in it for a while but it still seemed to have a few bugs, same with MIUI, but they are both being improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

For anyone interested, v10_RC5_final is now available.

Flashed from RC5b1 using CWM in Recovery very easily, no wipe necessary and no problems at all doing it. You can also use the Darky app if you prefer to do it that way. Although this version says final it is still a release candidate version - no word yet on when the full version will become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

cdb wrote: »

Flashed from RC5b1 using CWM in Recovery very easily, no wipe necessary and no problems at all doing it. You can also use the Darky app if you prefer to do it that way. Although this version says final it is still a release candidate version - no word yet on when the full version will become available.
    How's it going for you?Bugs , battery etc.

Gaffs89 wrote: »

I got 3 days on 10.5. Relatively bugless from Darkys point of view. There are a few which I believe are in 2.3.3 jvb anyway. Hoping that we'll get some of the bug fixes etc from 2.3.4 when it gets hacked.

Had only moved over to Insanity 8.1 last week. But to be honest there were too many force closes from different apps. I had installed all the necessary "fixes" for them but still really annoying.

So last night I decided to go back to darkys, installed the most recent RC.

So far it is excellent. Took less than 15 min to flash the rom.

Only thing I do miss from insanity is the keyboard was updated in that it had a few extra things. Like hold down one button to get smileys. Im using swype by the way. Plus when I flashed Darkys, I actually didn't get a gingerbread keyboard. But I prefer swype anyway.

Can't really comment on the battery yet as I have been using the phone alot.

Had only moved over to Insanity 8.1 last week. But to be honest there were too many force closes from different apps. I had installed all the necessary "fixes" for them but still really annoying.

So last night I decided to go back to darkys, installed the most recent RC.

So far it is excellent. Took less than 15 min to flash the rom.

Only thing I do miss from insanity is the keyboard was updated in that it had a few extra things. Like hold down one button to get smileys. Im using swype by the way. Plus when I flashed Darkys, I actually didn't get a gingerbread keyboard. But I prefer swype anyway.

Can't really comment on the battery yet as I have been using the phone alot.

What kind of FC`s?

I have to say 8.2 is running smoothly for an RC, :)

Just opening a couple of site and it randomly FCing. Then in the market it just FCed when I tried to install a couple of apps. Also when I was the barcode scanner to scan in apps.

I was really liking it to be honest, but just the FCs wrecked my head. Might try it again in the near future.

• Advertisement

Just opening a couple of site and it randomly FCing. Then in the market it just FCed when I tried to install a couple of apps. Also when I was the barcode scanner to scan in apps.

I was really liking it to be honest, but just the FCs wrecked my head. Might try it again in the near future.

It took a few hours after flashing for any FC`s on my yolk to iron out, so far everything is cool, I just want to flash BAT I neve rliked the Insanity theme/look.

I`d say 8.2 will be very good, should`nt be to long.

I think you guys should start an insanity thread. The reasons are two fold, 1) to stop confusing n00bs, 2) this thread is for Darkys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Been a few days and so far so good. Haven't noticed any bugs and battery life is excellent, way better than say Darkys 9.5 though don't know if there is any noticeable improvement over earlier rc 10 versions. Its a decent stop gap as squeeonline says until a 2.3.4 version appears.

TW4 modded for Darkys 10rc5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=13373696

Take heed, works for me but make a full back up as you have to mod files.

I think you guys should start an insanity thread. The reasons are two fold, 1) to stop confusing n00bs, 2) this thread is for Darkys.

1) Noobs will always be confused, 2) Its not like its busting with activity...

1) Noobs will always be confused, 2) Its not like its busting with activity...

Because Darkys is half on hold at the moment.

If someone is looking for info on insanity, they shouldnt have to look in the darkys thread. Unless the title is changed to "custom SGS roms"

Because Darkys is half on hold at the moment.

If someone is looking for info on insanity, they shouldnt have to look in the darkys thread. Unless the title is changed to "custom SGS roms"

Still should`nt stop people from sharing there experiences.

Just to stop your knickers from getting any tighter, there`s a thread just for Insane bastards...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Still should`nt stop people from sharing there experiences.

Just to stop your knickers from getting any tighter, there`s a thread just for Insane bastards...

God help any noobs interested in Insanity. Take it easy on them Lewis.:D:D

God help any noobs interested in Insanity. Take it easy on them Lewis.:D:D

I`m as much a noob as the next lad man, I just like Insanity, but I`ve a feeling now that a few people are getting the SGS 2 we`ll be left behind and forgotten...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

cdb wrote: »

Installed this the other day having previously just been running stock 2.2 with OCLF, running grand with no issues. Battery life is very good, and can't say I've noticed any bugs. No FC's on any applications yet either.

Advertisement