Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭G1032

lewis wrote: »

Ah I could`nt care about the sound quality on Insanity, that`s what mp3 players are for.
    Try Damian`s latest, his is user friendly and has lots of tweaks..here`s the link..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=959696

Ya. That has Voodoo sound v6, but I'm flashed out at the minute!!
    Phone is flying at the moment and has all I need on it.
    I have uninstalled all the bloatware that comes with Darky's.
    I'll leave it until a stable version of 2.3.3 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

BopNiblets wrote: »

Its also a beta Samsung firmware, more stable than the first one released

BopNiblets wrote: »

Sorry. I mean a Darky's 2.3.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

G1032 wrote: »
    Sorry. I mean a Darky's 2.3.3.

There is a beta out that is apparently quite stable. I havent used it yet, I prefer stability.

There wont be a final release until Samsung releases it first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

To anyone who is on Kanity kernel, don`t enable or try to enable the lagfix, it just gives you boot loops, no matter what way I tried to it every time it looped.
    RFS was good but I know I can get faster and smoother, I`m on Damian`s latest beta, so far so good, I have`nt done anything yet I`m getting higher Quadrant scores, not that they matter but just an indicator...

Having moved to darkcore 1.4 I'm only seeing minor improvements on speed and a loss in stability I feel. Might do a full wipe and reflash, and see if that fixes it.

Whats the best way to back up and restore everything quickly? I've used titanium before but when restoring it makes you reinstall everything, app by app. Is there not a better way or am I just using it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Its also a beta Samsung firmware, more stable than the first one released

is this the original samsung firware 2.3.x?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

Having moved to darkcore 1.4 I'm only seeing minor improvements on speed and a loss in stability I feel. Might do a full wipe and reflash, and see if that fixes it.

Whats the best way to back up and restore everything quickly? I've used titanium before but when restoring it makes you reinstall everything, app by app. Is there not a better way or am I just using it wrong?

I used my backup, it was pretty good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

is this the original samsung firware 2.3.x?

Yes, both 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 are leaked beta's, not official Samsung releases and nowhere near as polished as the Froyo ones

• Advertisement

The paid version of Titty back up auto restores apps, also you could do a nandroid back up, just for your ROM/Luncher

The paid version of Titty back up auto restores apps, also you could do a nandroid back up, just for your ROM/Luncher

yeah in the end I did the backup from CWM. Worked perfectly!

On facebook Joel mentioned something about a 10.0rc4, and hints about release tomorrow for those of you who are on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Right, flashed Darkcore 1.4 and Darkys 9.5 and the phone is stuck on the green Darkys Rom screen. Help please.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Right, flashed Darkcore 1.4 and Darkys 9.5 and the phone is stuck on the green Darkys Rom screen. Help please.

Just reboot it, same happened to me.

Yeah I read a few different things, some say pull the battery, or reboot or just takes 15 - 30 minutes to reboot.

To anyone who is on Kanity kernel, don`t enable or try to enable the lagfix, it just gives you boot loops, no matter what way I tried to it every time it looped.
    RFS was good but I know I can get faster and smoother, I`m on Damian`s latest beta, so far so good, I have`nt done anything yet I`m getting higher Quadrant scores, not that they matter but just an indicator...

Whats this lewis? A bug with Insanity?? tut tut :D

Whats this lewis? A bug with Insanity?? tut tut :D

lol, no that`s the kernel not the ROM, still better than all others.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Loving Darky's Rom. Installed yesterday and can see a big improvement on phone - UI, battery life & performance. Very good that you can record calls also. On kernel version 2.6.32.9. Build number v9.5

manster wrote: »
    Loving Darky's Rom. Installed yesterday and can see a big improvement on phone - UI, battery life & performance. Very good that you can record calls also. On kernel version 2.6.32.9. Build number v9.5

I`d say by the weekend you`ll be back here with a problem or as its known here, bug, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

I've found that the battery just gets better the longer I'm on this rom.

And yes Lewis there are some bugs, but a quick search on darkys fourm will sort them out.You'll get bugs when you have a rom stuffed full of goodies :D

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    I've found that the battery just gets better the longer I'm on this rom.

And yes Lewis there are some bugs, but a quick search on darkys fourm will sort them out.You'll get bugs when you have a rom stuffed full of goodies :D

Ah, I`m not slagging Darky`s ROM, ****e its the one that got me up and going, BUT, for the majority of its users, there`s more bugs and such than I`ve ever seen in any other ROM, it does`nt make it any worse or better, its got more "noobs" using it than anything.
    Still tough Insanity is better, lol :P

Ah, I`m not slagging Darky`s ROM, ****e its the one that got me up and going, BUT, for the majority of its users, there`s more bugs and such than I`ve ever seen in any other ROM, it does`nt make it any worse or better, its got more "noobs" using it than anything.
    Still tough Insanity is better, lol :P

Lewis
    Just flashing Insanity 7.1 now

How do I flash the Damian Kernel then in CWM? Is it 'apply sdcard update.zip' or is it 'install zip from sdcard'?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Install zip from sdcard then find the new kernel zip. choose yes, wait.

Lewis
    Just flashing Insanity 7.1 now

How do I flash the Damian Kernel then in CWM? Is it 'apply sdcard update.zip' or is it 'install zip from sdcard'?

Thanks

Yeah, like Ste said, just like any other ROM.
    Let it sit for a day then you can (if you want depending how happy you are with the speed and smoothness) start to UV(undervolt) & OC (overclock) it, also change the file system, default is RFS, to all EXT4 or EXT2.

You can either go all EXT4/EXT2 or EXT4 w/EXT2 loops, but as far as I know that`s just to get higher scores in Quadrant, you usually don`t notice any difference in speed/smoothness, you`ll see in there kernel settings what it says.

Once your completely on 7.1 and with kernel, make a nandroid backup, that way when you start playing around in the kernel settings and something goes wrong, you`ll have that backup there to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

I`d say by the weekend you`ll be back here with a problem or as its known here, bug, lol.

No problems so far. Anything in particular I should be looking out for?

No. Should be fine really. You'll still have a bit of lag when opening apps, market, phone and messages etc. That lag won't be present in Insanity.
    But Insanity has it's bugs too, eg. it may take 2 or 3 attempts to install an app from the market. Keep that quiet though. Don't want lewis finding out!!:)

The bugs, lol
    No. Should be fine really. You'll still have a bit of lag when opening apps, market, phone and messages etc. That lag won't be present in Insanity.
    But Insanity has it's bugs too, eg. it may take 2 or 3 attempts to install an app from the market. Keep that quiet though. Don't want lewis finding out!!:)

HAHAHA, ya cheeky ****er, I`ve never had that problem with the apps, maybe it due to a bad flasher????? lol

Right here's a question. What Modem do you guys use? Preferably report also on any battery drain you may be experiencing whether you think it's because of that or not.

I've had BUJP5 and JVE, and after a couple weeks of bad drain (max 16hrs phone life, low to mid usage) I'm going back to JP5.

I wish there was some kind of website where it would select the best for your phone automatically depending on your region, or give you a choice with the advantages of each one. I know there is a post in XDA, but nothing for Three (only seems to mention vodafone) or Ireland (UK is closest).

• Advertisement

Right here's a question. What Modem do you guys use? Preferably report also on any battery drain you may be experiencing whether you think it's because of that or not.

I've had BUJP5 and JVE, and after a couple weeks of bad drain (max 16hrs phone life, low to mid usage) I'm going back to JP5.

I wish there was some kind of website where it would select the best for your phone automatically depending on your region, or give you a choice with the advantages of each one. I know there is a post in XDA, but nothing for Three (only seems to mention vodafone) or Ireland (UK is closest).

Using JVE now. Best for battery usage I've experienced.
    I've tried a good few, including BUJP5, but until I got JVE I always ended up going back to XXJPY.

If you go to Insanity ROM page on XDA, he gives a link to download lots of different Modems. He also says what regions they're for.

Advertisement