Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

G1032 wrote: »
    Using JVE now. Best for battery usage I've experienced.
    I've tried a good few, including BUJP5, but until I got JVE I always ended up going back to XXJPY.

If you go to Insanity ROM page on XDA, he gives a link to download lots of different Modems. He also says what regions they're for.

Bottom of this post? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9265023&postcount=2

Apparently BUJP5 is then carrier specific.... I wish there was a proper thing for modems, but thanks for the feedback on JVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Right here's a question. What Modem do you guys use? Preferably report also on any battery drain you may be experiencing whether you think it's because of that or not.

I've had BUJP5 and JVE, and after a couple weeks of bad drain (max 16hrs phone life, low to mid usage) I'm going back to JP5.

I wish there was some kind of website where it would select the best for your phone automatically depending on your region, or give you a choice with the advantages of each one. I know there is a post in XDA, but nothing for Three (only seems to mention vodafone) or Ireland (UK is closest).

Mine is JVE and I'm on three. Have to say battery is great. I charge it every 2nd night now.Your battery should have settled down by now.What's you wi fi sleep set to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Right here's a question. What Modem do you guys use? Preferably report also on any battery drain you may be experiencing whether you think it's because of that or not.

I've had BUJP5 and JVE, and after a couple weeks of bad drain (max 16hrs phone life, low to mid usage) I'm going back to JP5.

I wish there was some kind of website where it would select the best for your phone automatically depending on your region, or give you a choice with the advantages of each one. I know there is a post in XDA, but nothing for Three (only seems to mention vodafone) or Ireland (UK is closest).

I was on BUJP5, then when I flashed 7.1 I stayed on JVE, with heavy use(gaming) I get 2 days, so for now I find JVE better than BUJP5/JPY.

Anyone flashed RC4?

lewis wrote: »
    I was on BUJP5, then when I flashed 7.1 I stayed on JVE, with heavy use(gaming) I get 2 days, so for now I find JVE better than BUJP5/JPY.

Anyone flashed RC4?

Compared to yesterday, I'm getting twice the battery life. Success for me, on Three anyway.

Havent gone near RC4 yet. I'd like to, but I have exams coming up and still want a phone without having to spend a whole day fixing it if it all goes wrong.

Probably going to wait for a final stable version as I know that people are still having problems with rc4 (though admittedly, reduced to even rc3). I'm happy with 9.5 (though would love a 9.6). Stability is key at the moment, and battery life was the last hurdle. Hopefully switching modems will fix this for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Samsung stable 2.3.3 is out, JVB is online on Samfirmware, now its only a matter of days before Darskys will go full release

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Samsung stable 2.3.3 is out, JVB is online on Samfirmware, now its only a matter of days before Darskys will go full release

Discussion here http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/gingerbread-is-out.2292/

No TW4, and still on RFS.

There`s a lot of confusing info about how to go about it and which will be better, Darky`s take on it as he does his magic or stay official and other ROM`s?

There`s a lot of confusing info about how to go about it and which will be better, Darky`s take on it as he does his magic or stay official and other ROM`s?

Well, Darky can only improve the official Roms. No point otherwise. Also no reason to stay with stock.

I have`nt seen any guide as to how to get to it, maybe there waiting until it stable stable??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have`nt seen any guide as to how to get to it, maybe there waiting until it stable stable??

So are we all just waiting for a stable darkys version of gingerbread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Raoul wrote: »
    So are we all just waiting for a stable darkys version of gingerbread?

Yep, It'll be v soon. Better lagfix and kernel will then follow

They`ve got some nerve keeping us greedy ****s waiting, lol

They`ve got some nerve keeping us greedy ****s waiting, lol

My thoughts exactly!!

I hazard that either Darky or CM will have something by midweek.

I hope.

I hope.

Midweek?? Lazy b*stards :mad:
    :pac:

I hope.

They better, or else I`m going to piss and moan like a child, wwhhaaa...

They better, or else I`m going to piss and moan like a child, wwhhaaa...

I know! I'm itching to upgrade now myself. I think you can flash jvb then 10.0rc4 on top but because it's a "I think" dont think I'll actually do it. Having a working phone is important.

Hell yeah I`m not willing to spend ages getting my phone back to normal, I can wait a week or so for the taste of ginger.

I took out some of my frustration on another thread and got banned for life, lol.
    It felt good cause the place was a kip and full of robots, who can only say, thank you, great work, lovely, so I pissed on them, told them what I thought of there forum. :)

Roll on Ginger!!

Hell yeah I`m not willing to spend ages getting my phone back to normal, I can wait a week or so for the taste of ginger.

I took out some of my frustration on another thread and got banned for life, lol.
    It felt good cause the place was a kip and full of robots, who can only say, thank you, great work, lovely, so I pissed on them, told them what I thought of there forum. :)

Roll on Ginger!!

9.5 is fairly close to ginger to be fair. I've had my skinned like Honeycomb for a while now, while still on Froyo.

Darky himself said he's taking a break from developing the ROM. Something about working to get the money for a car. Obviously donations aren't bringing in as much as I thought they might.

• Advertisement

Darky himself said he's taking a break from developing the ROM. Something about working to get the money for a car. Obviously donations aren't bringing in as much as I thought they might.

So no gingerbread from darky??

So what is everyone going to use now?

He can feck off if he think`s I`m going back to playing with meself, lol.

He`s some nerve, spending money on himself, buying Easter eggs for the missus.
    I`m glad I did`nt flash Ginger, I`ll wait til Insanity 8.0 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I`m glad I did`nt flash Ginger, I`ll wait til Insanity 8.0 comes out.

Not want the beta ?

Well Darky does have 10RC4 which is supposed to be stable. I'm on CM7 now and it is far from ready. Quite buggy still with unfinished things all over the place like the camera. Good start though, with deep integration (for theming and changing the buttons in the notification bar).

Ste- wrote: »
    Not want the beta ?

I thought about it but I read more cons than pro`s, so until Samsung get the finger out and release a stable/bug free Ginger I`ll stay with Insanity.

Finally took the leap and went with insanity!
    The different dpi is mad at first, but my doesnt the phone zip along now!
    Angry birds plays more like the iphone version now.

versiopn 8.0b3. one or two bugs but what the hell. I'm ginger now and not looking back.

Finally took the leap and went with insanity!
    The different dpi is mad at first, but my doesnt the phone zip along now!
    Angry birds plays more like the iphone version now.

versiopn 8.0b3. one or two bugs but what the hell. I'm ginger now and not looking back.

Good lad fair duce to ya, from what I`ve people are saying that its not that much different than Froyo at the moment, do you agree?

What guide did you follow?

Has anyone tried SPB Mobile Shell 3D?
    I was having trouble getting her in.

not that different in fairness no. Had a few problems with some apps being restored in MyBackup but found a workaround.

not that different in fairness no. Had a few problems with some apps being restored in MyBackup but found a workaround.

I thought that, jaysus when the hell will Ginger be sorted and improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭G1032

Good lad fair duce to ya, from what I`ve people are saying that its not that much different than Froyo at the moment, do you agree?

What guide did you follow?

Has anyone tried SPB Mobile Shell 3D?
    I was having trouble getting her in.

I have had to flash back yo 0.6.9 to get SPB Shell 3D working.
    Have you got it working on a newer version of Insanity?
    If you have, how did you get it to work?

Advertisement