Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Its so disgusting to see whats in their puke, but also fascinating in a way :P

I was just trying to sunbathe and the dog decided I was trying to be another dog and proceeded to wrestle with me. I got kicked twice in the nose, had my ear nipped and my head sat on. But I won in the end, I got her to lie down and be my pillow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

So i was in a pet shop a week ago and one of the employee's approached me as i had a bull breed. He talked on how much he loved my dog, a bull breed, and how he has a few himself. He brought up the lennox case and how stupid it was, and mentioned how his dogs are all baby's and very happy. He then slipped in this sentence, evenindogfights, they come out wagging their tail with their face hanging off. :eek: He then said , if we ever want to re-home her, he wants first refusal.

We walked out of the shop and i asked my partner is if i heard what i think i heard and she agreed.

:eek: Words fail....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:eek: noticed some goo in the corner of Bailey's eye - a grass seed!! Then a little while later he had more goo - the other half of the 'shell' off the seed! Hope there's no more in there!:confused:

Ever since he was a kitten, me and Cream have played a game where I line up a row of stuff on the edge of a table and he swipes it off, we still do it occasionally now that he is a big boy, so this is completely my fault, but still hilarious. My dad had been counting out money for the local GAA club lotto draw, and he left it stacked at the edge of the kitchen table. This is over €100, possibly over €200 worth of coins, mainly in 50c and under. Well Cream had a field day! He was delighted with himself having all these coins to swipe, spent a good 10 minutes knocking them all. My Dad is less than impressed. Cream is gone into hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My poor boy's been sick and had the runs today. Funny thing is that he's been his usual playful self. I'm at a loss to know why he's been sick TBH...:confused:

Anyway, I've given him fresh water, and wiped his beard and mouth. I'll starve him tonight and see what happens. Just hope it isn't a trip to the vet! He went for his shots a couple of weeks ago and behaved very badly. So not like him. He normally loves going there!!

• Advertisement

Having a BAD week so far.. Took a new job as a stopgap and I HATE it. I finish later than I thought so no chance of daycare for Bailey Boy so broken hearted. :( Just applied for my dream job so hopefully I get an interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 melmelmoore

What's your dream job TK? I hate my job I have been there 4 yrs and there are no jobs in galway. few in Dublin but that's it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So i was in a pet shop a week ago and one of the employee's approached me as i had a bull breed. He talked on how much he loved my dog, a bull breed, and how he has a few himself. He brought up the lennox case and how stupid it was, and mentioned how his dogs are all baby's and very happy. He then slipped in this sentence, evenindogfights, they come out wagging their tail with their face hanging off. :eek: He then said , if we ever want to re-home her, he wants first refusal.

We walked out of the shop and i asked my partner is if i heard what i think i heard and she agreed.

that I'd be anonymously reporting to the gardaí suggesting they monitor him

What's your dream job TK? I hate my job I have been there 4 yrs and there are no jobs in galway. few in Dublin but that's it :-(

Well I should have said my realistic wage paying dream IT job - obviously I'd love to work with dogs but that's not going to be paying the bills any time soon lol! ;)

The one I've applied for is dealing solely with my favourite application and is in the perfect location for home, daycare and college (I was accepted onto a masters). I was made redundant in May and started a job yesterday which just isn't right for me (it's what i stopped doing in my last job 5 years ago when I was promoted!) and no amount of staying and building character etc is going to change that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Thought these were cute and semi useful :p

56267942161889789034460.jpg

40195040729424598947633.jpg

• Advertisement

Does anyone else thing their animals can sense when you are drunk? Ive had a few tonight, came home and the cats are fascinated with me. Cream is putting his head in my mouth when I open it to get a goood sniiff, and Peach is snuggled by my neck, which she normally never does! Either they like me when I've had a drink, or I'm going to die over night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

So i was in a pet shop a week ago and one of the employee's approached me as i had a bull breed. He talked on how much he loved my dog,... He then slipped in this sentence, evenindogfights, they come out wagging their tail with their face hanging off. :eek: .

I would speak to the owner/manager of the shop - that's disgusting and I cant imagine he listed those pasttimes on his CV when he was applying for the job!

My cats both have hic ups, I've never seen them have them before and I'm in stitches laughing at them. They have taken over one leg each on me at the moment because they are wet and want my warmth.. I've to lean over them to type this!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My cats both have hic ups, I've never seen them have them before and I'm in stitches laughing at them. They have taken over one leg each on me at the moment because they are wet and want my warmth.. I've to lean over them to type this![/QUOTE

Few things worse than a wet cat trying to rub your ankles... or get in bed with you. Ours are long haired too. bed is covered with thick towels....

YESSSSSSSSSS got oxtail in the reduced meat section in tescos this morning!! 2 bags @ 1.99 each and nice big pieces in both! :D

Woo Hoo!! Tried to ask the butcher for some meat scraps today, but he was too quick for me, and had already thrown them out! BOOO!!!

Woo Hoo!! Tried to ask the butcher for some meat scraps today, but he was too quick for me, and had already thrown them out! BOOO!!!

The butcher I usually go to won't give anything - you can see them sawing up the bones and they say they don't have any so I reckon he's saving them for himself or someone else!! I've ordered online from dublin meat company a few times now and chanced my arm asking of they had any bones and every time they've given 2 or 3!! :) I was over in their artane shop the other week getting some bits and pieces (for us not the dog for a change lol) and he brought out what they had and let me pick the ones I wanted! :).

Mu uncle is minding his dog's mother for the next 2 weeks, oh she is such a dote! She is the sweetest most gentle dog in the world, epitome of a Golden retriever. Just been for a lovely walk with the dogs so now we're all wrecked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Mother took my dog to the pound without telling me. 20 times more upsetting than when my dog of 12 years had to be put down. Heart broken :(

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Mother took my dog to the pound without telling me. 20 times more upsetting than when my dog of 12 years had to be put down. Heart broken :(

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Hershey won the "Dog you'd most like to take home with you" category in the fun dog show today. I was so proud!! :D:D:D
    He was also entered into the fetch competition and did me proud, had to go get three things that were thrown for him and he got and brought every one of them back! :D Even, if he did have problems getting the tennis ball into his mouth. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

tk123 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

She didn't like him from day one and I'm 99.9% positive she made up the story about why he had to go .. Said he jumped the fence and attacked a child.. So frustrating I keep looking out the window to check what he's doing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have been off sick for the past 3 weeks. Back on my first night shift tonight and feeling very sleepy.

However - This is my second last week :eek: I've to get through next week of 4 night shifts then no more night work EVER.

Peach has not left my lap since 6 o clock. It is now 2 O clock. If it wasn't for her intermittent purring I'd think she was dead. I can't feel my toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Feel so guilty, Tuesday night I let himself outside for his final night time pee went and made a cup of tea before heading off to bed, my heads been a bit all over the place this past while that I actually forgot to let him back inside again and went off to bed. :( He never even cried or barked, it's only when I got up the next morning for work I couldn't find him in the kitchen that I went outside and found the poor fella in his kennel. :(

My fella's had a bug for the last week or so. Funny, as he's eating well and all waste functions are working. It's just that he has no energy!

Normally loves his 3-5 mile walks, but hasn't been able to do one since. Decided to take him to the bank this am - it's a 2.5m round trip which he'd be able to do no problem. Made it there, but had to carry him halfway back. I'm sure the little prince was laughing at me as I heaved him home. Funny thing was once he got in, he was full of beans, running about having his mad half hour!!! :D

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Feel so guilty, Tuesday night I let himself outside for his final night time pee went and made a cup of tea before heading off to bed, my heads been a bit all over the place this past while that I actually forgot to let him back inside again and went off to bed. :( He never even cried or barked, it's only when I got up the next morning for work I couldn't find him in the kitchen that I went outside and found the poor fella in his kennel. :(

Aw no :( Happens us all though, I often lock Cream in the utility when his zoomies are getting so bad that he is putting his own life in danger/trying to kill Peach, and more often than not I forget to leave him back in after a few minutes! Give your fella extra cuddles and he'll be grand :P

Zapperzy wrote: »

Aw no :( Happens us all though, I often lock Cream in the utility when his zoomies are getting so bad that he is putting his own life in danger/trying to kill Peach, and more often than not I forget to leave him back in after a few minutes! Give your fella extra cuddles and he'll be grand :P

Funny in comparison but Bailey's hiding place is under the kitchen table... I was sitting inside the other day and could hear him crying...my mum went in thinking he was too lazy to open the door (it has a sping thing to close it over and sometimes goes too far for him) and he was stuck under the table lol!! I must have moved one of the chairs back in as i was passing and blocked him in without realising! No more than he deserves - he's too big now with his head sticking out one side and tail out the other!! :pac:

We've just had our first (and most likely last) BBQ of the year. The dogs are well fed :D Since I treated my cat Cream with a homeopathic remedy he seems to have really lost his fear. He came right down to us despite polish people being there (he's racist you see), and was trying (and failing) to play with the dogs, I'd throw a toy for the dogs, he would chase it and scare off the dogs :D But since losing his fear of people he seems to be scared of everything else. I had to buy him a new plastic food bowl rather than his stainless steel one as his reflection had started to scare him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

We've just had our first (and most likely last) BBQ of the year. The dogs are well fed :D Since I treated my cat Cream with a homeopathic remedy he seems to have really lost his fear. He came right down to us despite polish people being there (he's racist you see), and was trying (and failing) to play with the dogs, I'd throw a toy for the dogs, he would chase it and scare off the dogs :D But since losing his fear of people he seems to be scared of everything else. I had to buy him a new plastic food bowl rather than his stainless steel one as his reflection had started to scare him..

Can I ask you what homeopathic remedy you use? I have a rescue collie who was an abused dog/cruelty case and although she has improved hugely in the past years she still has some problems with her nerves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement