Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GAH ANTS!! We had them a few times. The little bait stations are really good and you can put them in out of the way so pets can't get to them - eg we have some under the presses/, dishwasher, washing machine - basically wherever we saw them walking we put the bait and left it. Wipe down counters, floors, walls etc to clear away their little tracks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

A nice pitbull story for once!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125242

**Vai** wrote: »

Wow dailymail have done a U turn - normally they're rounding up angry mobs with propaganda against pits and co :mad:

A dog in the park caught my finger as it went to grab a toy out of my hand - came down on my nail so a bit sore :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Took the pup to an ag. show yesterday, where he kept gravitating towards the few Westies that were there. Reminded me that when the Westie was a pup she always chose the yellow labs and our last dog was a yellow lab. If in doubt stick with what your used to at home :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

My wife and I brought our newborn baby home yesterday.
    We were worried about how our existing "babies", the cats, would deal with our daughter.
    I'm happy to say they appear to have adapted and it appears it's business as usual with them. Two of them leg it when she starts screaming but Rocky has been a right little hero and has gone up to have a look at her a few times.
    Annabel also tried to sit on my lap this afternoon when I was winding my daughter.
    Hopefully they'll keep this up and we'll have a seamless integration. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Congrats on the new edition Heroditas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm so proud of my Cream! I entered his picture in a competition to get in a calendar next year to aid a local rescue and he won this month!! :) He also gets a month's supply of food so we're delighted with our little model :)

Say hello to mister June! :D

068-Copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

that is a great pic SillyMangoX:D

ppink wrote: »
    that is a great pic SillyMangoX:D

+1 How many boxes of the calendar will you order SillyMangoX? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

It looks like someone just pinched his umm privates. :P

Remember I was over the moon about charlie's improving behaviour around other dogs. Well due to an incident with 2 large labradors and a boxer a few weeks ago he's gone back about a 100 steps. :( The 3 offlead dogs surrounded him completely and shoved their noses in and sniffed him all over, poor fella was rooted to the spot terrified and the owner had an awful job pulling all of his 3 dogs off him. So he isin't taking any more chances and goes straight onto the defensive when he sees a dog since. :(

Oh maybe 100 or 200 ;) It is for charity after all! :P He's so pleased with himself, we've been spoiling him more than usual (If that's even possible!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh SP has gone as mod again. :(

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh yeh, thats strange. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

really?:confused: hope not for good I think she is very fair

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

anniehoo wrote: »
    Oh yeh, thats strange. :confused:
    ppink wrote: »
    really?:confused: hope not for good I think she is very fair

Guys SP has stepped down as she was temporarily filling the void that was seamus. We have a few new changes coming up.

Watch this Space!

(Let the speculation continue in the meantime :p)

Oooohhhh don't hold us in suspense!

Needless to say, SP has done a fantastic job during her time moderating the forum and she'll be very welcome back if she so chooses at any stage in the future.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Needless to say, SP has done a fantastic job during her time moderating the forum and she'll be very welcome back if she so chooses at any stage in the future.

Couldnt agree more.Im sad to see her go but her intention was that it was always temporary.We tried bribing her to stay on with chocolate and cake but she didnt take the bait.

She`ll be sadly missed as a mod here.And the offer is always there to come back anytime as a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ah guys ye are very kind, thank you :)

I am sorry to go but I just didn't always have the time during the day to dedicate to such a busy forum, I originally came back as a stop-gap but just sort of stuck with it.
    With a busy full time job it just became difficult to give the forum the attention it required, and there are real life things I also need to focus on.

I really appreciate the support I got from so many people in this forum and I hope you guys can give the same support to the new mod(s) coming in :)

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    I really appreciate the support I got from so many people in this forum and I hope you guys can give the same support to the new mod(s) coming in :)
    Aw very sorry to see ya go SP, i always thought you were very fair with your modding in here. Time to go back to the real world eh :p;)

anniehoo wrote: »
    Time to go back to the real world eh :p;)

Ah, the real world, sometimes I miss that place :p

Anyone noticed our new Mod yet?? Congrats Zapperzy, have only just spotted your shiny new name in bold. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just read two posts by Zapperzy and didn't spot that:o

Congrats Zapperzy!

Thanks guys, I must say my name does look very well in big bold letters! :D It'l take a while for me to get the ropes of this so bear with me if I accidently delete half the forum or ban everyone. :p And go easy on me please. :D

Congrats Zapperzy :)

Congrats! :D

Does anyone else have cats who insist on walking backwards while vomiting in order to track it along as much floor as possible? On that note, anyone want to be a professional vomit cleaner? (my parents have decided I'm chief vomit mopper since I'm the one who wants to be the vet nurse :rolleyes: )

Does anyone else have cats who insist on walking backwards while vomiting in order to track it along as much floor as possible? On that note, anyone want to be a professional vomit cleaner? (my parents have decided I'm chief vomit mopper since I'm the one who wants to be the vet nurse :rolleyes: )

Yes! :p I'm also chief vomit cleaner!

I got my tragus (it's a part of the ear, easier to google it as it's too hard to explain) pierced on Wednesday and it seems it and earphones don't agree so I currently have an earphone sellotaped to my ear. I really should have thought of this beforehand.

• Advertisement

I have both of mine pierced, got it done the same day I was in a panto and the microphone attached to my ear, ouch! Its much easier to wear headphones (or listen through a stethescope!) if you get a hoop put in when its healed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement