Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

tk123 wrote: »
    :( i think Bailey's sick!! It's 9:00 and he hasn't asked for his breakfast/didn't jump up when i asked was he hungry or gone out to the loo or anything!! I woke up this morning and could hear him heaving like he was going to get sick, then he was coughing/clearing his throat for ages. He wouldn't drink from his bowl when I offered it to him but took a few spoons of water with manuka honey mixed in which seems to have stopped the coughing.. Going to see how he gets on for a few hours. Poor baby

How is Bailey? Was he sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    :( i think Bailey's sick!! It's 9:00 and he hasn't asked for his breakfast/didn't jump up when i asked was he hungry or gone out to the loo or anything!! I woke up this morning and could hear him heaving like he was going to get sick, then he was coughing/clearing his throat for ages. He wouldn't drink from his bowl when I offered it to him but took a few spoons of water with manuka honey mixed in which seems to have stopped the coughing.. Going to see how he gets on for a few hours. Poor baby

How is Bailey? Was he sick?

He was fine in the end thank god - I was panicking thinking he had kennel cough lol!! His friend was sick the next day so possibly there's a bug buzzing around the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My cats are getting brave :D They usually freak at strangers in the house, and today I had 3 kids here (well, 9, 12, and 13 so not too young!). Peach walked into the room and started rubbing around one of their legs! So proud :D And Cream looked in the door.. a lot better than he has done in a long time though so we're getting somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

He was fine in the end thank god - I was panicking thinking he had kennel cough lol!! His friend was sick the next day so possibly there's a bug buzzing around the park?

Glad to hear it. :) Worst feeling when you think they are sick. :(

Hershey had his first grooming today! No more scruffy puppy and he smells wonderful! I keep smelling him. He's looking at me like I'm crazy! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dexter had a playdate today with a fosterhome dog in cork, they're made for each other!! She's the image of him, smaller, but they played so well, I think they'll make the perfect couple!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Millie spent the day in bed today. Had a 5 year old in the house all day yesterday. It's hard work chasing someone around for 10-12 hours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So.....kittens that were found and given to me are here over a months now, getting big and cat like now, we now think they are from 2 litters as the female had blue eyes up until last week and males eyes started changing a week after he arrived (this usually happens around 6 weeks), and male was a good big bigger and more lively than female, ate better etc.
    Intro's with dogs went great, dogs love them, they love dogs, all very cute.
    One cat is ok, sniffs them and then gets out of their way, the other is hissing and snarling, attacks dogs and went for us too, even after kittens removed.
    I am keeping kittens in bathroom away from all other pets, and let them loose for an hour or so at a time, with or without the cats in.
    Not sure where to go now, tried all the usual tricks but no joy:(
    Funny thing is its the cat we adopted as an adult and he had no probs with our existing cat or the dogs.
    One kitten is off to uk to a friend in a few weeks, the other may stay, but only if it doesn't stress Toby so much.

I hate prejudice people... We used to think the daddy of our dog was a black lab, to which people would come up to her and squish and cuddle her which she loves. But we have gotten recent confirmation that daddy is actually a rottie (which Im happier about, a healthier breed than labs imo). I was walking her and someone came up fawning over her and asked oh what is she? So I said a retriever x rottie and her face just dropped., and she said get your disgusting beast away from me... She was the one who came up to me in the first place! Ugh some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

People's arrogance will never change in regards certain breeds :rolleyes:

Used to have a pink collar on my Akita and everyone fawned over her. But once I changed to a black collar and started using a dogmatic head collar, she turned into Satan's mistress judging by peoples reactions :rolleyes:.

Frustrating because I think it has started affecting her approach to people now too :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I love seeing peoples faces when they're over fawning at and rubbing Dexter and ask what he is.

German shepherd/Rottweiler/American Pittbull cross

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My boy's loving the hot weather at the moment, but doesn't deal with it too well :(. Went for his walk at 9.30 before it got too hot, and has basically spent the day alternately glaring at me for daring to clean the house or sleeping.

Only perked up 'cos he got his two Friday night sausages!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Only perked up 'cos he got his two Friday night sausages!:D

Aw Cute! Isn't it great the way we develop little routines around them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It's been a year or more since i bought catnip.....look at Beanies reaction :D:D (it's a cardboard scratching post, that he wouldnt scratch..until now)!

@2:02 that's "BlackJack"....the stray tom im slowly "making friends" with. Anyone who's trying to win around a cat will know exactly why it's only 2 secs long :p:o

Haha I love the end of that!"you were filming me??? Imma kill you!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Haha I love the end of that!"you were filming me??? Imma kill you!!"
    Yeh, his buzz wore off...catnip is a quick fix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with westies? I found one this evening and he's a lovely little guy, he seems happy enough in the house I've fed and given him some water. I've noticed though that if you try to pick him up or touch around his middle he starts growling? Is this a common trait in them or is it just that he doesn't quite know me yet? My daschund terrier cross loves being picked up and cuddled.

Trying to think of the best way to get him home to his owners as the phone number is going straight to voicemail all evening. I've left my contact details with the guards and posted in my regional forum and on facebook. Is there anything else I should be doing for him?

Have you checked if he's chipped? The address should be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I haven't had a chance yet as it was 7pm last night when I found him and none of the vets were open, if I can't get through to them today I'll do it first thing tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Whispered wrote: »
    Aw Cute! Isn't it great the way we develop little routines around them :D

Oh gosh - Don't get me started! You want routines? My boy gets his fish on Wednesdays, two sausages from the chippy on a Friday, and gets his Sunday dinner of lamb's hearts with carrots! :D

My mate in London also has a Shih Tzu. He gets his saveloy on a Friday, two Richmond (but will accept Clonakilty if I'm over!! :D) sausages on a Saturday morning, and his bowl of custard after Sunday dinner!!

Do you think these guys are a little spoiled? ;)

Just finished my last day of placement, gonna miss having a constant stream of new animals to cuddle! Especially the particularly cuddly bull terrier who was in today. Oooh now I'm sad! Gonna be squishing my cats waaay more to make up for the lack of new animals :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Un-Stuck!!

Oh no!! :P

Just witnessed a dog killing a signet in Tymon park :( and nearly getting killed in the process by two swans.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Just witnessed a dog killing a signet in Tymon park :( and nearly getting killed in the process by two swans.

:( I stopped letting my guy in the lake weeks ago when the swans were coming after him and he started getting brave barking at them... and the river is off limits now with the ducklings!

:( I stopped letting my guy in the lake weeks ago when the swans were coming after him and he started getting brave barking at them... and the river is off limits now with the ducklings!

This dog went over and grabbed a signet by the neck, dragged it into a near by group of trees then went after the swan who back peddled to the lake. Luckily for the owner of the dog, it seemed he was afraid of the water.
    I'm surprised the dog is still alive. Took 8-10 hits from both swans. We tried to get over to the owner of the dog to tell her to get the dog checked out but she was gone.
    What frustrates me more is the fact that the park wardens number is nowhere to be seen on the grounds. We called the local animal shelter who said they would call the park warden. Unfortunately the ordeal was too much for the signet who passed away shortly after.

So i was in a pet shop a week ago and one of the employee's approached me as i had a bull breed. He talked on how much he loved my dog, a bull breed, and how he has a few himself. He brought up the lennox case and how stupid it was, and mentioned how his dogs are all baby's and very happy. He then slipped in this sentence, evenindogfights, they come out wagging their tail with their face hanging off. :eek: He then said , if we ever want to re-home her, he wants first refusal.

We walked out of the shop and i asked my partner is if i heard what i think i heard and she agreed.

Eh.. he seems like a lovely chap :rolleyes: Jesus that's awful, does everyone just think people with bull breeds are into dog fighting? Disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SpyderCats

It's dog owners like him that give bull breeds a bad name :mad:

The dog just puked up a whole clothes peg. Words really do fail me at times!

• Advertisement

The dog just puked up a whole clothes peg. Words really do fail me at times!

Better out then in :pac:

Bailey's been a bit sicky the last week with the runs on and off and even puked a couple times but thank god it looks to have run his course. Anyhoos yesterday morning he puked and there a piece of oxtail bone in it - it looked like a finger bone (from what I've seen on Bones) though so I almost puked! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement